• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BURNS, Oregon

NWhairlessyeti

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2010
Oregon City, Or
Would like to give a shout out to the guys I met at B&B sporting goods in Burns, Oregon Yesterday(December 20). Would like to hook up here, stay in touch, and get some of the starter recipes for my .300 Win Mag and the 210gr. Bergers. Thanks again guys. It is nice to get out of town and meet some good folks on the dry side of Oregon!

Dan

Re: BURNS, Oregon

Howdy,
I guess I saw y'all standing around talking there last night when I came in to get some last minute Christmas gifts and to have a rifle bore sighted. I heard this site mentioned a few times and figured out who you probably were. Since I wasn't sure I wasn't going to embarrass myself and butt in on your conversation. I'm new here and just spend all my time reading.
Glad you enjoyed Burns

Glad to see you on here. The folks were friendly and the owner was really pleasant to talk to. I snooped around the store for quite a while and had good conversation with him and the other customers at the store. Were you the older gentleman or the younger guy with the AR?

I was in there just before dark. You were talking to a shorter fellow w/ glasses. I brought in a bolt rifle to get bore sighted. There was a great big moose of a kid that came in just before I left. That's a pretty good store for our location out here.
There's zillions of acres of public land to shoot on out here. Greatness!

Never thought I'd see our local store mentioned on the hide.

Dan, are you shooting a factory rig or a custom? If its a factory try starting with 75gr of H1000 and work up. You'll probably want to run it in the lands a ways. You should be good for a couple thousand yards or so.

I am just running a factory .300 WIN Mag Remington 700 Sendero and also a .308 Remington 700 VSSF. Getting ready to run up some loads for both of them.
By the way, the guys local to you there are great. I will be back that way in February for Rabbits and coyotes and plan to swing back in!

Not to hijack, but I was just wondering if you guys down there were having any feral pigs show up yet. Just read that there was a population down there,(article in NA Hunter) but don't know for sure. I've always wanted to get a pig, but don't want to drive to Texas. I could easily be persuaded to help a land owner with a pork problem.
BTW. I agree with start @ 75gr H-1000, & seat them just into the lands. My load was 78.6gr H-1000 seated .002" off the lands in my factory chamber. Gave me 2950fps, & .3 moa accuracy.

Big, there are some around but its not the pandemic like in TX or CA. I've been here over 20 years and not seen them.

Dan, I talked to Denny this morning trying to remember who you were now I got it, Dragon truck guy and the "Occupy" conversation. Rock on, maybe see you in feb.

I do most of Denny's gun work so am down there ALL THE TIME. Denny is a solid dude.

Well you had a hat on. Was gonna try and get some info from the other guy I talked to. Thought his name was Jason? Sounds like maybe a wrestling coach. He mentioned being an equipment operator. I had a few questions on some tools he mentioned as well as his load for his .300WinMag.
Have a Merry Christmas!

Dan

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348736&page=1

All the info you could use right here ^^

I think the the dude your talking about is Brad. He's one of my best friends. The gun he has is a 5R I set up for him. He's running berger 210 over 76.5 h1000 if I remember correctly. RL22 is another "go to" powder as you'll see from the link above.

P.S. all of "Brads tools" are MINE. YOU HEAR THAT BRAD.....MINE!!!

Sooooo, Might you be the legend they told me of that crushed his rifle?
You are cracking me up!
That must be him, I am bad with names. That was the load he was telling of. He also mentioned a tool to measure length from the conical edge of the bullet.

have a Merry Christmas!

Dan

That is quite entertaining. Sucks that you lost the rifle, but lucky it was not your life! To be honest I don't have much of a temper either but for some reason I could see myself doing the same thing that you did.

Yeah, that shit was scary. I litteraly took few seconds and patted myself down for blood and removed the scope before the anger of it all took over.

It was kinda like getting shot at... you take that sort of thing personally and it pisses a guy off real quick. Its a peculiar phenomenon.

I just read that story of beating the shit out your rifle & the live Round blowing-up & that shit can happen ( live Round blow-up ) even Not touching the Primmer .
Had a live Round ( 264wm ) go-off in a Kinetic bullet puller when striking on a wooden block .
Have done it a thousand times with the same Kinetic hammer & striking same big block of wood .
Puller vented pressure of the explosion just like it was designed to do & no injuries . Never did find the Primmer though .

Dan,Brut4c is right my name is Brad I'm the one with glasses and coach youth wrestling.As for the claim to the tools technically he is right but possession is 9/10's of the law...