• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burnt Bronze Bolt Guns

wilwith1l

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2013
Heart of Dixie
My newest build is wrapping up, and it's coming up on paint time. I think I want to do the barreled action in burnt bronze or midnight bronze. It is sitting in an XLR Carbon that I would leave factory finished. However, when I search for rifles in that color all I see is ARs. Has anyone seen, or better yet, have pictures of a bolt gun in a dark bronze finish? I am thinking i want to do the flutes in a sniper grey or deep titanium, near black color.

And yes, I have googled it, I've advanced searched SH also. Thanks for any help.

Burnt Bronze

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Here's one from Scout Supply Company. Russell did the rings and the barreled action burnt bronze with black accents. Looks pretty slick.

IMG_20140410_105238_995.jpg

IMG_20140410_105220_279.jpg

IMG_20140410_105206_754.jpg

You guys made up my mind. I put in the order yesterday. Burnt Bronze with a near-black titanium in the the interrupted fluting.

ajumyga4.jpg

Can't remember where I snapped this screenshot (probably somewhere on the hide), but every time I look at it, I start to drool. Anyone know what it is? I'm not much of a bolt gun chassis expert. (i.e. I know nothing about them). If it were mine, I'd definitely make the barrel longer though...

ajumyga4.jpg

Can't remember where I snapped this screenshot (probably somewhere on the hide), but every time I look at it, I start to drool. Anyone know what it is? I'm not much of a bolt gun chassis expert. (i.e. I know nothing about them). If it were mine, I'd definitely make the barrel longer though...

Looks like a Badger Action (M2008 or M2013) in a KRG Whiskey 3 chassis.

Yep, that's mine. M2013 in a Gen 3 KRG Whiskey 3. That's the 17" 308 barrel, but I run a 22" 7-08 most of the time.

It's a thing of beauty. The 22" barrel probably looks even better. Does it shoot as good as it looks?

Shoots a lot better than I do (which isn't hard, haha). Did some load testing with the 7-08 barrel last week, 10x 5round groups with the magnetospeed hanging off it averaged at .43moa or some such. I was happy with that.