• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Fast Fire?

boardride

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2005
Federal Way, Washington
How good are these? I'm planning on putting one on my AR15 MOD1 using a Daniel Defense 1 oclock mount. Will these stand up to the "recoil/shock" of a 223?

Re: Burris Fast Fire?

I had one on top of a Nightforce scope for a while as a backup with an offset Larue mount. Worked fine, but it is fragile -- you drop the rifle on it, or hit something hard on its top, it can shatter. I have seen a mount that put a metal cover over it (maybe also by Larue), which is what I would recommend if you went with this sight.

Found it: the bar across the top prevents accidental "crushage": http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=99

I have two and they are fine. I haven't dropped one though. The only thing I do not care for is the dot seems to blink at night at darkest conditions. Other than that they hold zero and do what they advertise.

Ive got one on a 7" ar pistol and its held up fine to the recoil, havent dropped it yet though