• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

I wish you could find the XTR Pro in store. I haven't seen one at the Colorado Springs Scheels or seen an XTR 3 in 2 years in a store. That being said I moved from the XTR 3 to a Kahles 525 DLR 2 years ago, but I was interested in the XTR Pro for my Fiancees Dasher.

Yeah but now even that once a year sale which is mil/le only that was 50% off MSRP it still puts it at a higher price than getting a 30% off MAP cert and buying from Euro Optic which anyone can do. Or just spend $50 more than the once a year 50% off sale for mil/le only and buy the Euro Optic exclusive in black and not have shit brown.

Yeah, I think I'll have to refigure my math skillz now that 2024 pricing is out (even though "nothing changed"). I just noticed on EV as I was skimming through that the XTR Pro is $200 more than when I bought mine last summer (looks like the percentage changed). It makes the deal listed earlier even better.

Pro at $1,400 or Razor G3 at $1,800 (if that is available) is a buy that I'd make over and over again.

Now if I can get my hands on a Pro that doesn't remind me of Willem Dafoe wearing red lipstick in Boondock Saints every time I look at it...
e25d9c7f98424b8c0eb3fa3b19632c3749a1a3825f6f1127b231f7173c6af52c_1.jpg

I wish you could find the XTR Pro in store. I haven't seen one at the Colorado Springs Scheels or seen an XTR 3 in 2 years in a store. That being said I moved from the XTR 3 to a Kahles 525 DLR 2 years ago, but I was interested in the XTR Pro for my Fiancees Dasher.

I was really, really surprised by the "glass quality" on my Pro when I put it together with my buddy's S&B PMII and spent quite a bit of time behind under different conditions. It is not on the same level as the S&B or your Kahles...but it is close enough that I was identifying the same hair tufts on my cattle at 140 yards. Literally, nothing that the S&B picked up the Pro missed. Even in low light and through fog/mist that was the case. Close enough that I managed to convince myself that for my shooting needs I am not missing out on $3K+ alpha glass.

Full disclosure though - my Pro is back at the mothership getting warranty work done on it. However I know that everything manufactured can break, and my warranty experience with Burris has been pretty solid so far.

Yeah, I think I'll have to refigure my math skillz now that 2024 pricing is out (even though "nothing changed"). I just noticed on EV as I was skimming through that the XTR Pro is $200 more than when I bought mine last summer (looks like the percentage changed). It makes the deal listed earlier even better.

Pro at $1,400 or Razor G3 at $1,800 (if that is available) is a buy that I'd make over and over again.

Now if I can get my hands on a Pro that doesn't remind me of Willem Dafoe wearing red lipstick in Boondock Saints every time I look at it...
View attachment 8342629

Someone said previously that the Burris discount on EV changed from 50% to 40% which is why the price is higher now. The pro is over $150 less from those dealers right now than EV and EV charges tax and some of those dealers don't so it really makes it about $300 less all said and done.

I've been considering trying a pro for that price but I don't think I will when I can get a MK5 for the same or a little more or a MK4 for a little less. I'll definitely be ordering another $800 XTR3 when they come back in stock though. I'm pretty sure the I bought is just going to live on the rifle I put it on for testing unless it gives me a good reason otherwise.

Reactions: diggler1833
Is Battlehawk Armory reputable place to buy from? They seem to have mixed reviews.
I’ve spent thousands there. They started charging sales tax at the end of last year. That sucks. You will have NO product support at all and there are no exchanges after the sell. This is how they keep prices low so understand that going in. You will deal with the product manufacturer if an issue arises.

Reactions: Chasing3
I’ve spent thousands there. They started charging sales tax at the end of last year. That sucks. You will have NO product support at all and there are no exchanges after the sell. This is how they keep prices low so understand that going in. You will deal with the product manufacturer if an issue arises.
I just bought from them last week and didn't pay sales tax.

I
Natchez has the refurbished and blemished XTR3's and Pro's pretty regularly, they even have some right now which is pretty odd for optics with supposedly such high build quality to be all over Natchez being blown as refurbs and blems cheap. They recently had some refurbished SCR2 pros for $850. I saw them when they were available and thought about buying one but ultimately didn't want an optic that had already been a piece of shit for someone else that was replaced and repaired.

I thought they went out of business, obviously not.

under the turret is a brass triangle.

Factory setting stops the turret at 0
Flip it over gives a -0.4
take it out and it can go down till turret hits. All scopes will be different here. Will not effect function.

View attachment 7822614

added the 4
View attachment 7822650

even switching barrels, which I do alot with all these divisions and weight classes popping up, having that .4 under has been plenty. if its more than .4, its super easy to loose quick detach turret and go up to 2 mils and tighten quickly without allens. I agree tho it sure is nice having the ability to dial below zero.

Regards
DT
Damn, I can't believe how long I just spent looking for this post. I remember reading it way back when...
I wonder why this isn't mentioned anywhere in the manual, or anyplace else on the internet for that matter.
I gotta remember this when my XTR Pro gets here, I want to be able to dial below zero, even if it's just .4 mils.
It should definitely be a page in the manual.