• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

I noticed the same thing on the elevation on mine. Going up not very good & going down was very tactile & audible. Did you figure out if this is normal. Also my parallax is very stiff & not smooth at all. Is your parallax really stiff too? D_tros was definitely right about the glass being a step up vs the xtr3, mk5hd, & xrs3. Very good glass. It’s surprisingly close to my pmII & my friend who owns a TT also said he thinks it’s close to both in glass.
Remove the stupid o ring in the turret and it becomes 3000 times better. The turrets are mushy shit with that o ring in there

Reactions: D_TROS and Kometes
Is that o-ring doing anything for water proofing?

Perfect. I really don’t mind the turrets, I think they are good. Not the best I have used but far from the worst. I’m not a turret snob though.

Just want to make sure it’s not going to cause issues with sealing, the competition dynamics match this last weekend we had lots of rain.

Definitely seeing Burris show up in greater numbers in the PRS crowd.

Shot a regional PRS Rimfire match on Saturday. There were two Pros and an XTRIII not counting mine.

There was quite a few Burris’s at last weekends competition dynamics team match as well, besides all the ones in use by the Burris teams.

Reactions: D_TROS
the team that ended up winning had his Tangent go down. Borrowed a Pro and not only was very impressed, but won the match as well.

Just awesome.

DT
More often than not it is the shooter not the scope. In the professional photography world we would surmise that an amateur could take a pro camera and lens and still get mediocre shots, but a pro could pick up an amateur camera and lens and get "pro" level shots. Yes, the equipment helps, but it's more about the expertise and experience that make the difference in the end.

Great story Dorgan, that would be a good marketing piece ;)

Reactions: NewsShooter
I sold my TT and bought another Burris Pro but not because I was disappointed in the TT .
My 68 year old eyes couldn’t discern a 5 from a 6 when dialing and the numbers are big enough on the Pro I can get by without a magnifier

an unsung feature for sure. even for those with good eyes!

DT

IMO it really doesn't make sense to take a system that runs on base 10 and then put 12 mil turrets on it.
Don't buy a Mark 5 then.... Not sure what base 10 has to with 12 mils per rev, but each his own. I like as much travel per rotation as I can get without the clicks becoming indiscernible. The Pro feels great in that regard.

Don't buy a Mark 5 then.... Not sure what base 10 has to with 12 mils per rev, but each his own. I like as much travel per rotation as I can get without the clicks becoming indiscernible. The Pro feels great in that regard.
I suppose you are correct it doesn't really matter the base of the measuring system, it just seems everything is 10 why go away. Also 10/rev makes math easier. Mind you i'm sure most people never end up on the third rev anyways.

10.5 Mil per rev is wild.

IMO it really doesn't make sense to take a system that runs on base 10 and then put 12 mil turrets on it.

Ya 100 % unrelated.

That being said, I wanted them to stay with 10 mil turrets as well (dont ask me why). With the lager turrets, this became impossible. It boils down to a spacing issue and the spacing WITH 12 mils is already greater than the xtr3...

End of the day I am really glad they did. Really happy with the spacing. And I have a VERY large number of rounds fired on scopes fom 5 mil turrets to 15 mil turrets.

DT

Reactions: Birddog6424
I suppose you are correct it doesn't really matter the base of the measuring system, it just seems everything is 10 why go away. Also 10/rev makes math easier. Mind you i'm sure most people never end up on the third rev anyways.

10.5 Mil per rev is wild.

any turrets not being whole number would drive me crazy. who does 10.5?

PRO4.jpg

so big even second rev pops fine...even tho Ive only been there on rimfire elr... 2rd rnd hit at 440 yards is my best so far.

DT

It's an interesting scope. The 12 mils per turn isn't a big deal as I used S&Bs with 14 mils per rev for years without issue. Something you don't really notice when using them. Dial to where you need to be. On a centerfire you won't be out of one rev anyways most times and not a problem on a rimfire with the big numbers.

It's an interesting scope. The 12 mils per turn isn't a big deal as I used S&Bs with 14 mils per rev for years without issue. Something you don't really notice when using them. Dial to where you need to be. On a centerfire you won't be out of one rev anyways most times and not a problem on a rimfire with the big numbers.
I recently transitioned from MOA to Mils and have been loving the 10/rev, I shoot lots out passed a mile and farther so it's not unusual for me to end up on the third rev

I recently transitioned from MOA to Mils and have been loving the 10/rev, I shoot lots out passed a mile and farther so it's not unusual for me to end up on the third rev
Did I say none one would dial past one rev? Nope. ;) Even then it's not an issue. You are at 24 mils at the end of two revs and the scope only has 26 mils so not a big problem. Then it's to the reticle.

Quick question. Just ordered one and wondering if they are coming with the throw lever now or not. Just want to plan ahead for when it gets here. Thanks.

Reactions: RFutch
Quick question. Just ordered one and wondering if they are coming with the throw lever now or not. Just want to plan ahead for when it gets here. Thanks.
Mine from over the summer did... Although the hole wasn't tapped/threaded.

Mine that came with it had the same issue. I emailed them about it and they had another shipped out to me in a couple hours.
Good to know. Thanks. Glad they took care of it quickly. Looking forward to getting it in and playing around with it. Lots of good reports.

Has anyone received one recently? I was curious if the scopes were still being cerakoted or if they went back to anodizing. I thought about ordering another one but I prefer the anodized parts.

Has anyone received one recently? I was curious if the scopes were still being cerakoted or if they went back to anodizing. I thought about ordering another one but I prefer the anodized parts.
Will let you know when mine comes in but I am hoping for cerakote. LOL

Reactions: D_TROS and RFutch
Will let you know when mine comes in but I am hoping for cerakote. LOL
I received one directly from Burris about 3 weeks ago. It is cerakoted and came with the throw lever. I'm not sure if the throw lever was threaded. I hate throw levers, so it has not been removed from the box.

Reactions: Rob01
I'm pretty impressed with mine. My daughter fell in love with the gen 3 razor, so I'm "stuck" with the Pro. My only gripes: I wish the elevation turret had a little more resistance, (or locking) and I wish the windage marks in the tree went out 2 mils or even 1.5 mils.

I often dial the first target and hold 2nd, 3rd, etc. A 10 mph hold at 500 is 1 mil. More windage marks at 1 mil and 2 mils below would be beneficial for that strategy.

Other than that the features are great and the glass is damn good for what I paid.

That's good for me. LOL Look forward to getting it in and mounted up and trying it against the Gen II and Gen III Razor and trying out the interesting features and reticle.

So got home to my new PRO waiting on me. To confirm they are still powder coated. The turrets on this one feel a little more clicky than my first pro, the paralax movement on my first pro had some texture feeling too it but this on is butter smooth on all the controls. I really dig the 1/4 mil reticle as well. This one also came with the throw lever.

Now for the down side, my throw lever is not threaded. I will send Burris a message and I’m sure they will get a new one shipped out quickly.

Last edited:
I'm going to drop those fellas a line and give them a heads up on the throw levers.

I highly doubt they are unaware. These levers are produced off site. So I suspect they got a bunch in, boxed and sealed them all up, shipped them off and simply can't put the cat back in the bag.

Spoke to Burris management this morning. They were actually unaware of the threading issue on the throw lever. So I suspect CS hasn't bumped it up to them. But the response was to contact CS and they will make it right.

And for the XTRIII illuminated owners, there is an exposed windage knob available from Burris. This knob fits both the Pro and the XTRIII.

Spoke to Burris management this morning. They were actually unaware of the threading issue on the throw lever. So I suspect CS hasn't bumped it up to them. But the response was to contact CS and they will make it right.

And for the XTRIII illuminated owners, there is an exposed windage knob available from Burris. This knob fits both the Pro and the XTRIII.

Sounds like poor qc. You would think of customers are getting a throw level unthreaded and call customer service that customer service is running up the chain and let them raise that's probably happening there was choosing to ignore it.

I received an email from Burris customer first thing this morning confirming my address and saying they will get it taken care of right away. Mistakes happen and like said above, it’s a non critical part that’s probably machined somewhere else and a bad batch was released. I am blown away with what we are getting for the cost now days. When I got into this hobby years ago they didn’t have scopes like this in this price range. Everything has gone up in price but Burris has really killed it with the xtr3’s and now the pro’s

Don’t let a un threaded throw lever detract from how great these scopes are! There is not another scope in any price range with these features. And I don’t see any reason to spend any more money, it won’t buy you any points.

Sounds like poor qc. You would think of customers are getting a throw level unthreaded and call customer service that customer service is running up the chain and let them raise that's probably happening there was choosing to ignore it.
I'm sure there's a lot of spins on the story that a person could toss on it given the miniscule amount of information that's been given. Poor qc being the one you opted for.

That's not actually the case. It's been handled already by the people who know how to do their job without involving upper management in everything. It was a small hiccup from a second party provider on a limited amount of throw levers, that only required a small effort to correct.

In the event any more of you fellas on the Hide win the throw lever lottery and get one of these, Burris CS is standing by to correct it for you.

Our local WYCO season finale was won using a PRO, not that the scope necessarily helped him win but it certainly didn’t handy cap him. He had good praise for the scope.

I heard from a good friend of mine that he saw a surprising number of Pros at the PRS Finale last weekend. Easy to pick out of the crowd with that red 🤣

I didn't make it this year as it was right in the middle of my elk hunt. But Burris has a relatively small shooting team, and less of them still are PRS shooters. So we're not talking sponsored guys here.

I'm hitting the PRS Rimfire Finale in Texas next month. It'll be interesting to see if there is a Burris showing in rimfire.

Reactions: D_TROS and Rob01
Might be one more rimfire/centerfire XTR Pro shooter next year if I like mine when it comes in. ;)

Reactions: Birddog6424
I have two, in large part due to this thread. On one my rimfire, other on my centerfire. Keeps things simple and same-same for me.