• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR series

Pierce33

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Pierce, CO
How come there isnt much talk about the Burris XTR series of scopes? I have the 6-24 model and for the price is a damn good scope. I know its not a 2k optic but why isnt there more talk about?

Re: Burris XTR series

I think they are one of the hidden jewels of optics, so to speak. I run two 1-4x24 XTR's on my AR's, and had a 3-12 XTR on a bolt gun. I like them, and they function well. The reticle options are a little limited. Plus they only come in MOA turrets, and offer the mil dot reticle. But they are a great scope.

Ya i agree that the reticle options are a bit limited, luckily I live about 30 minutes from their factory and am planning on getting the ballistic plex reticle swapped out to a mill dot. I picked this up from a friend that thought it was too big of a scope and he had gotten it with the ballistic plex in it, I believe they charge about $100 to swap it out.

Yes, I ended up selling my 3-12 XTR. It went on my sporter hunting rifle, and the scope was too big and heavy for it. It had a simple duplex reticle in it. I liked it, but wanted something mre compact, and now have a Zeiss Conquest 3-10 with turrets.

I have the rings. They're definitely worth the money.

I have a 1-4 XTR on a SHTF AR and luv it...reticle is nice, super sharp glass and dead nuts repeatable.The XTR rings have made it on almost all my rifles slowly but surely.

I have a set of the XTR rings as well. They are great! Very beefy and well made.

I have a 3-12x50 XTR and i'm very happy with this scope...good glass and mechanism

you can find other reviews:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=798169

wink.gif

I didnt think i was the only one shooting this scope! And I also use the XTR rings, as stated above very beefy and well made. I think for the money th is set up is pretty hard to beat. Plus i think it is a pretty mean looking scope!

I have both the XTR312 and XTR624 nice glass, great scopes. My only wish is that the XTR624 would have had the 1/4 inch click option when I bought mine. I have 1 inch click elevation knob. It works well though.

They both track a perfect square no zero change with mag adjustment, They are BIG though. Knobs with the covers on look like skyscrapers.

I am happy with both of them. As the OP said they are great for the money.

I used to run the 3-12x50, excellent glass. Only complaint was the knobs, they came loose on me twice in two different big matches. I was cranking elevation from 500 down to 200 back up and found that the caps came loose. Went NF and USO never looked back.