• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bushmaster ACR misfeed

hatchbackfag

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2010
Texas yeehaw!
shot the ACR for the first time today to sight in my scope, had one misfeed after 50 rounds, i saw the same crap on youtube videos, but since theres not much people out there throwing out reviews i dont know how often it happens..anyone else having probs?

Re: Bushmaster ACR misfeed

What was the nature of the misfeed?

I am at 650 rounds with my ACR, no malfunctions yet. When I go out its the rifle people always want to try out, complete newbs to really experienced, no failures.

Something is up, switch mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think one misfeed tells you anything. Keep shooting.</div></div>

Agreed ..... misfeeds happen to the best of gas guns. That is why one practices drills to correct the problem. Could easily be a mag issue too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think one misfeed tells you anything. Keep shooting. </div></div>

+1M!! One misfeed does not a problem make. Keep shooting it and if you continue to have feeding "problems"...you can go from there.

If you keep having "problems"...try providing some addt'l details on the nature of the malfunction, the type of ammo/mag you were using, when (in terms of first round, middle of the mag or last round) the malfunction occurred, etc.

I would bet that it is an isolated issue. Also, keep shooting it through at least a few hundred rounds (every rifle is entitled to a little "break-in period") and take careful note of when the malfunction occurs.

I'd bet it is either a completely random indicent, or that it is ammo/mag related if the problem persists.

i used...the Russian 223 ammo lol. I used it for the AR and it jammed after 1500 rounds. considering how cheap it is and how much i got to unload thats not bad at all. figured i try the ACR but i guess i just freaked. cause i saw a vid of a guy having misfeeds and jams every 15-20 bullets. just curious if anyone had the same prob. but thanks guys. i'm still learning. all this gun stuff is like a slap in the face learning experience. oh and im using pmags so i know thats not it. guess my real question is can it be ammo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hbfag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... oh and im using pmags so i know thats not it. ... </div></div>

That is an assumption and possibly an incorrect one. Trust nothing, not even the "perfect" PMAG.

Ammo is probably one of the worst offenders. It boggles my mind when you drop good money on a stick and then throw crappy milsurp ammo into it. I tried it once and NEVER went back no wolf no bulk lots, and I have had no problem in over 5k rounds. (great now Mr. Murphy is going to the range with me)

I've had wolf REFUSE to chamber in my bushmaster varminter, so after that I never bothered with any of my 223/5.56s. I can truthfully say I have not tried many other manus for ammo for the ACR other than Remington UMC.

I think you can find federal boxes of 100 at Wal-Mart right now for 50 bucks each, its right around there at least. Not sure if that is a "arizona" thing, but I doubt it.

It happens to all rifles shapes and sizes just the nature of weapons, There is only one weapon that I have never had a misfeed and that was PKM/PKC machine gun. That thing as long as it had lube just keeps going and going. One of our civilian counterparts used a LWRC in iraq, never used lube never cleaned it, fired 1000s of rounds never had an issue. Those are the only 2 ever

Was this the video you're referring to? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqTPK4s-X8&feature=related If you had good luck with the Russian ammo in the AR, you might as well keep using it. One jam after 1500 ain't bad. If that ammo does become problematic in the ACR, try some domestically produced ball such as Federals XM193 or American Eagle loads. They're brass cased, boxer primed. Was the Russian ammo the Wolf ammo with the coated steel cases? As the other guys said, if you have additional malfunctions, note the details as to exactly what happened.

Maybe it needs a break in. I've shot over 500 rounds through mine before I sold it buy the SCAR instead with no FTE, FTF, etc. The ACR wasn't too balanced for me as it felt front heavy.

scooter..very true. lol. cant start assuming things. but yea the only way I'd know is to keep shooting. and I mean I know that russian ammo has had a lot of bad reps. but like I said shot over 1500 rounds and still going and just had one "bad" thing happen to the AR. and as for the ACR, I had to go to an indoor range cause it rained heavily and I was way too excited to site in my rifle, they only allow 2 seconds in between shots...so annoying so I only got in barely over 50. The real test will be next week in the outdoor range when I can just unload. The russian ammo wasn't wolf. that stuff gets gummy. Its the steel cased, greyish looking ammo. Do you think that stuff will "f" up my rifle? oh Gildoom, I know I spent a lot on my rifle but I guess I'm just out to see what happens. You never know right? I know people that pay good money on expensive ammo and still have probs every now and then. I just hope crap doesnt blow up in my face. * knocks on wood *. I think sometimes, I'm just out to prove to the men that some cheap shit ain't too bad..hahaha..I seriously don't know..hahaha.

Is it a new gun? If so give it time (rounds) to let it break in. If you start having problems after that I would address it at that time.

I’m at 1000 rounds and no issues yet..
100 rds of Wolf
900 rds of reloads

Sorry to hear your having issues..

If you're that worried about the ammo, does Bushmaster have any recommendations against that ammo for that rifle in either the owners manual or on their website? Some manufactures do specify certain ammo to avoid using.

the only milsurp i WILL put through my gas guns is xm193, basically american eagle 55gr BTFMJ, never had a problem with it, brass case, and no laquer....

alrighty thanks for all the replies I'll see what happens tonight while hunting with the hubby. PRAY FOR MY HOG.