• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 1-6.5 reviews yet

SICARIO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Oregon, USA, etc.
Anyone have their hands on one of the new bushnell 1-6.5's yet? I've been holding out for either the new SWFA or the Bushnell, but would like to hear some first hand experience first.

Re: Bushnell 1-6.5 reviews yet

My shooting partner got one last week. No rounds downrange yet but I was able to spend a little bit of time with it mounted on a rifle. The glass is very good, comparable to the HDMR, as is the build quality. It's obvious they were both designed to compete for .mil contracts.

1x is a true 1x, with very little distortion. The illumination is daylight bright but did wash out in bright sun against a white car. The black reticle was still visible, but as is common with many of these 1st focal 1-whatever's, the reticle is small and fairly hard to distinguish without illumination- still usable but not lightning fast. I like both the glass and reticle at higher magnification, though I wish it had wind/mover hashes like the leupold 1-6 does.

As I said, the build quality seemed excellent save one minor niggle. The turrets are capped, but once exposed they seem delicate. It's obviously designed to be zeroed then capped, and you're meant to use holds rather than dialing for range- not an issue for me given its intended use.

I've got one of the Leupold 1-6's on order, but I'm now debating whether to cancel it and go with the Bushnell. I really prefer Bushnell's mil-based reticle instead of Leupold's caliber-specific bdc (I intend to use this on both a 5.56 and a 7.62) but I'll probably wait it out.

Re: Bushnell 1-6.5 reviews yet

I've played with the hunting version, which is identical except for the reticle. It has the nicest 1x I have seen to date (far better than the CQBSS on 1.1x). It's even better than an Aimpoint. You barely even notice the outline of the eyepiece in your view.

This is a great 3 gun scope and would be a great tactical scope if it wasn't for the turrets having that pull-up to re-zero feature that makes it impossible to run the scope uncapped. Those turrets really suck, I wish this was offered with the exposed turrets they have on the other tactical models.