• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes bushnell 3.5x21x50

javy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Texas
Was all set on getting one ordered when I saw a you tube video about the scope and having to pull the turrents up when you dial.

My concern is that during a stage where there are multiple targets at various ranges and you want to dial, how much of a detraction is pulling up the turrent each time you want to adjust for range. Can the turrent be left in the raised position?

Can any of you that run these scopes in matches shed any light on this.

Thanks, Javy

Re: bushnell 3.5x21x50

I dont have first hand experience with this scope but I am 99% sure you can just leave the turrets in the up position.

Mine stay up fine. But, I push them down every time out of habit. If u are worried about speed or ergonomics to me it is a non issue. Others may have other preferences but I can dial or hold mine with no issues either way.
T

Yes. The turrets will remain in the up/unlocked position until you manually push them down to the locked position.

Mine stay up while engaging targets at different ranges then i re-zero and lock them down while walking to the next stage, I like it so much i just ordered another one.

IMO...This scope is the best option available period...compared to a NF, S&B, Razor, etc...for the money ! Get one in mil/mil G2 and you wont look back. I spent months deciding on how to replace my Vortex PST...and made the right choice with the HDMR.

The turrets stay up perfectly....and I don't put them down between stages...only when I'm done for the day. The G2 reticle is ridiculously awesome. The clicks are audible with major distance between values when turning. I have another on the way.

ape8gj.jpg

I have several on comp guns. All have the H 59 ret so I dont do a lot of dialing, that's not to say never, when there are no time constraints I will spin the crap out of it with the utmost confidence that it will return to zero.
And everybody is right, the stay up just fine.

thanks to all, will have the scope this week.

This is an amazing scope you will not have second thoughts on it.

Outstanding scope, and an excellent value. With the G2 or Horus reticles you really don't need to fiddle with dialing the scope. You can leave the turret raised when you are shooting a stage that you want to dial your dope on, but again, with a G2 or Horus reticle it eliminates dialing the scope for most shots, which is why you are buying a scope with an extended reticule for in the first place.