• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes bushnell 4200 6-24 any one ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
so I honestly want a viper pst but with every thing being up in the air and with the review some one had on here where they said the turrets felt like a hunting scopes turrets and another saying the glass from the viper was being put in the pst... i though maybe i could save cash and time and get a bushy 4200 6-24 with illumination.

before i do this does any one have one of these scopes and if so what are your opinions ?

I had the 10x40 but never mounted it and if i remember correctly the glass was pretty good and the knobs where solid and tight.. their are no zero stops for them and i dont care for regular mill dot ret's but you cannot have every thing and the price on the bushys right now are great so.

Re: bushnell 4200 6-24 any one ?

Im running a 4200 Elite Tactical, 6-24x50 with Illuminated Reticle on my Tikka t3 .308.

Personally i think it's a brillaint scope, its no Nightforce and nobody expects it to be, but its very clear, good eye relief, the illumination is very gradual, ranging from almost none at all to fully illuminated in the daytime. It's Green, not red, which is a bit annoying but its personal preference and thats it.

My only issue is that my turret caps dont exactly match up with the lines, its only minor and the turrets work perfectly, so i really dont mind that much, that and the turret for the focus has distances on it that also dont match up, but thats for my eyes and i never look anyhow, i just focus it until its clear anyhow.

All in all its a good scope and i too wanted the PST, but early production issues turned me straight to the Bushnell and i'm very happy with the selection i made.

Remoah, how's the focus at longer distances with the bushy? How much elevation do you have after you zeroed it?

Flyingbullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remoah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im running a 4200 Elite Tactical, 6-24x50 with Illuminated Reticle on my Tikka t3 .308.

Personally i think it's a brillaint scope, its no Nightforce and nobody expects it to be, but its very clear, good eye relief, the illumination is very gradual, ranging from almost none at all to fully illuminated in the daytime. It's Green, not red, which is a bit annoying but its personal preference and thats it.

My only issue is that my turret caps dont exactly match up with the lines, its only minor and the turrets work perfectly, so i really dont mind that much, that and the turret for the focus has distances on it that also dont match up, but thats for my eyes and i never look anyhow, i just focus it until its clear anyhow.

All in all its a good scope and i too wanted the PST, but early production issues turned me straight to the Bushnell and i'm very happy with the selection i made. </div></div>

wow iam feeling much better about this... your right green instead of red.... yuck but it is what it is i guess..

I have the SFP model and think it's great. Mines non-illum but I did take a class with CKA an used it to smack a golfball at 750. For the price it's hard to eat

only part that sucks is the 6-24x50 model only has 50moa of adjustments, but a 20moa base will solve that problem i use one on my 22lr trainer

ya a 20 moa base would work how ever I would be mounting it on top of my msg90 clone.

which brings me to another question, because my scope would sit pretty high beings its on top of a g3 receiver would i get any more or less moa then what the scope has to offer ?

I just received one and am currently putting it through the paces.

Like others said the only three real gripes are 1. The antique army mild dot reticle and 2. only 12.3 mils elevation. 3. the turrets don't exactly line up when you reset them.

It's working well so far. Preliminary test on my particular scope show the actual turret click value to be "fat" clicks or 1.055 times the claimed 1/10mil click value. But that is setting up the measuring stick via laser (1 yd increments) instead of my trusty 165' tape measure that reads in 1/8" so actual click value tbd.

It should come with a free 20 moa base for your particular rifle.

Theoretically I'm thinking:

The BSA, NC Star, and other chinese junk scopes should be banned from powder based weapons industry altogether and

1.Falcon be the new NCstar
2.This Bushnell be a great step up from there
3. The Vortex Viper Pst be yet another solid step up
4. and then the crazy expensive scopes most of us will never be able to afford....

My mil/mil 6-24 bushnell is great! Adjustments are spot on- 10 mil= 36" at 100 yards. Perfect.

The glass is good, the reticle is sufficient, and a 20 moa base gets you to 1000. Everything I need.

i will admit i hate the mil ret thats in it i despise it so much that I am half tempted to wait for the pst... or shoot for a low end ior scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uhcoog1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My mil/mil 6-24 bushnell is great! Adjustments are spot on- 10 mil= 36" at 100 yards. Perfect.

The glass is good, the reticle is sufficient, and a 20 moa base gets you to 1000. Everything I need. </div></div>

Man are my eyes that bad? With my eyes/vision I can't resolve the printed LINES on a 48" metal "yard stick" through the scope @ 100 yards. I can make out the numbers, but thats not close enough to actually measure/claim the adjustments are dead on.

I want laser surgery!

I just put two one inch dots on the target 36" apart (vertical). I shot at my zero, then turned 10 mil elevation. I shot at the same dot, and hit the second dot in the middle. I have not used a yard stick to "test" a scope before.

I got the 3200 awhile back and don't regret it. It has good glass not great but very good I just wish I would have gotten the 4200. Pull that trigger

I've got a 4200 and a 3200 and beleive they are great scopes for the money. I use nightforce for all my rifles and have my 2 elites for the safe queens that rarely get shot. If they came out with a MOA/MOA I would own several. I'm gald everyone is starting to match their turrets to the reticle. I just they would go the other way as well.