• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell arc 1600 binos vs. Swaro

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    I have a swarovski lrf, & During the winter they ranged out to over 1700yd on cloudy days, but now in bright sun they won't range anything much past 1200. I'm thinking of trading to a Bushnell arc 1600 lrf binoculars. Would this be a good trade?

Re: Bushnell arc 1600 binos vs. Swaro

Did you get the ARC 1600 LRF, Or the Bino/LRF? I have read that the display is hard to read in bright light. Have any comments?

I've used 2 1600 fusions (binos), and both can range larger objects like rocks and buildings to 1700-1800yd in daylight tested this summer from sea level and 80-90& humidity to 4000ft and about 30%. They can range trees to 1400-1500 easily, if not further. Overall a very impressive unit. I had no trouble reading the output with it on its highest setting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you get the ARC 1600 LRF, Or the Bino/LRF? I have read that the display is hard to read in bright light. Have any comments? </div></div>

Its not easy to read the display on bright sunny days but it is acceptable. It helps me to close my left eye when ranging in bright conditions. IMO the bushnell 1600 arc is a fine piece of equipment.

I got my hands on both the 12x50, & the 10x42 in a store today, & I must say I was impressed. I couldn't really get the lrf to do anything impressive but I was inside the store. The glass was good, & I had no trouble seeing the display with my glasses on. Now I need to sell my swaro, & buy a 1600.

I have been using a 1600 for two years now and would not give it up for anything. Ranges small bushes at one mile and bail stacks, the farthest, at 1932 yards. Cant say enough. You do have to change the brightness settings depending on the time of day and light conditions but..... for the price!

Thanks everyone. I just got off the phone with Ceylon, & my new 10x42's should be here early next week. Can't wait to try them out for real.
    Anyone want to buy a Swarovski for a great price?

i have been running a set for 2 yrs as well and its the one pirce of kit i could absolutley not be without. i ran mine against a set of geovids 10x and the fusion was faster by a decent margin, read within 1yd of the leica and still leaves your aiming point up when you range unlike leica's which dissapear upon ranging. i have ranged deer out to 1450yd in the pouring rain. love em'

I love my Fusion binos. I have had really had no issues with them. Sometimes if it is super bright out the display is kinda of hard to read but you still can. Best deal for the money in my opinion.

I want a pair of there really bad, but I have to sell a Weaver 3-15x50 first. Glad to here that everyone is happy with them. Do you think the 12x would be better. or harder to keep still for a good reading?

I ordered the 10-42 because of the extra length of the 12-50. They are about a 1"-1 1/2" longer, & I didn't think the extra magnification was worth the extra size. Hope they'll be here by Fri for my bear hunt.

I went to a match today and a good friend of mine had a set of the Bushnell 1600 ARC binos he had just bought. I have been wanting a set bad until today. It was sunny and we were shooting a long range match. I was trying them out to spot shots and they were not even clear enough for that, not to mention that I was unable to see any of the range information. The read out was soo washed out by the brightness of the sun I was never able to get a reading that I could see. He told me it was on the brightest setting. I do not understand. I have seen lots of good reviews. After what I experenced today I will not be buying a pair, they were useless in my opinion.

A friend of mine was using mine yesterday...he had the same issue until he adjusted the diopter, then all was good in the world.
    Hope they work out for you.

How does the 1600 bino's do on small targets, such as deer and coyote or the like???

I got to look through one last weekend and the optics look good but I didn’t have the ability to test them out at the time. I have been impressed with the swaro ranging geese and a raccoon out in an open field at 700+ yards, deer 900+ and grain tower and buildings at 1600+ But I would love a pair of bino laser combos to make things easier, just concerned about its ability to pick up small targets. Can’t justify 2600.00+ for the new swaro combo.

I have had a couple chances to try mine out. 1st was some steel @ 500-600yd. This was my 1st time out with them, & I coldn't get them to range the small steel. They were only 6", & 8" @ 500, & 600yd, & they had been hit many times so they were black. But I just got back from spreading my friends ashes up where we hunt elk, & I was able to range several elk @ over 500yd easy, & trees @ 1800+ easy. The display is kinda hard to see in bright light, but I just moved my eye around on them, & was always able to see the range, & aiming circle. I'm still getting used to them, but so far I like them. I'll have another chance to try some steel soon, & maybe with a little more experience with them they'll work better.

I had them out again, & after re-reading the instructions I found out I wasn't holding the button down long enough. The digital part of the lrf needs the laser active long enough to hit all the targets in the beam, & it displays the strongest return 1st then the secondary ones. I switch between the bullseye, & the brush setting most of the time now, & its working well. Now I wish there was a mil setting on the arc rifle mode, but its inches, or moa. It also doesn't match up real well with my dope but oh well. Nothings perfect.
    I also tested it head to head against my swaros, & it beat them out hands down in bright sun. The swaros had a lot of trouble ranging in the sun @ 1250yd. The bushnells had no trouble at all. Actually, I might have figured out why some of my dope has been off. The swaros were reading 588 on a tgt the bushnells had @ 600 consistently. I think the huge aiming circle in the swaros were messing with the aim point giving me bad readings.

I have had my bushnell 1600 for six months and love them. The best I have ranged on flat ground 708m for dear and 1106m on a cow. They may do better but that was as far as I have had a chance on any animals trees at 1600m is easy.

So im looking to buy a pair. I hear there is a HD pair of the 1600 bushnell that has coating on it to make for better glass apierance. Anyone know of this or maby tried the HD pair? Maybe the model # if so. Thanks guys.

The ones I got have all the fancy coatings on the glass. I think that's how they all are.