• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Dmr 2 vs Dmr 2 pro

Stjames9

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2019
Hey guys just had a quick question, I'm kinda looking for a budget scope for around 1000, I like the Bushnell Dmr 2 but I've found there's a difference between the dmr 2 and the dmr 2 pro.

and it seems the main differences are

1. the pro has better glass
2 the regular has glass that isn’t as good , but comes illuminated

I would prefer to have illumination and I was hoping to shoot past 1000

so my question is, is the glass worth skipping out on for the illumination

or is the glass not much of an improvement over the normal one...

if any of you guys have experience with both these scopes id love to hear your opinion

or if you guys know of another scope for 1000-1200 that has good glass and illumination that's a better option, id also like to hear about that. thanks

Last edited:
I've had a DMR, DMR II Pro and XRS II. Nothing wrong with the DMR, but the DMR II and XRS II are on another level. At matches when I see a Bushnell its about 50/50 DMR II Pro vs XRS II. The DMR II Pro has a very forgiving eyebox, the XRS II has more magnification. Personal preference really. I like the XRS II for KYL racks, which there are a lot of at our local matches.

I had two DMRII’s. Sold one to get a Razor HD. If I could do it again, I would have kept my DMRII. I like the eye box better on the DMR, the reticle is cleaner (compared to the EBR-7c) and to my eyes the Razors glass isn’t that much above the DMR.

Now, before people jump in and start a bunch of shit, remember this is my opinion based on my experience. I hold no stakes in either company, just giving my 2 cents. I have quite a few Vortex and Bushnell products and think all are solid.

Sorry I didn’t think before I posted that... it’s just not as good...

thanks for the heads up I’m going to look into thexrs
You'll be happy with the XRS II for sure. Great glass and very rugged. I had an accident today with one of mine. Was practicing on a target at 1100. Unloaded, then walked away for a minute and the wind kicked up enough to tip it over and it fell off the bench landing on the scope. The anodize was a little scuffed up in a few places. Put it back up, dialed back down to zero, confirmed it, dialed right back up to my dope and continued hitting the plate again. I've heard these kinds of stories before, but this was a first for me.

I don't know but I just ordered a DMR 2 Pro yesterday over several other options I was looking at. I was closely comparing to the Athlon Cronus. Since I have another Athlon, I went with the DMR. I can get either for $1200.

If anyone is interested in a lightly used DMR2 Pro shoot me a PM. I’m getting ready to post it on the EE. It’s a great scope, but I need to thin herd in my safe before I buy more rifles...

Well Expert Voice let me order the DMR and then cancelled the order because it is backordered. Not impressed.

I’ve shot the DMR Pro and XRS II(had 2), but I’ve settled on the DMR Pro. I like overall, it’s a complete scope aside from a few small things: parallax could be 25 for min and illumination. My only complaints. Otherwise I love it. I’ve owned a DMR G2, LRSTi G3, DMR Pro, and 2 XRS IIs plus a Tango 6 4-24. The DMR Pro is the best option.

GA Precision is offering some killer deals right now too.

Hmm only difference ive saw in reticles, is the illuminated has the thicker center section. Ive got 1 dmr2, 1 dmr2 pro, and 2 xrs2

Reactions: spife7980
My DMR2 illum reticle same thickness throughout, and my PRO thinner at the center, like these images.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201016-175059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201016-175059_Chrome.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20201016-175037_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201016-175037_Chrome.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 83
My DMR2 illum reticle same thickness throughout, and my PRO thinner at the center, like these images.

Yep, exactly what I said, irregardless of scope model, the illuminated g3 reticle has the thick center section. The non illuminated has the preferred thin center. Great pics to show reticle difference. The illuminated g3 reticle scooes are usually slow sellers on the px here and command less money than their non illuminated brothers.

Reactions: Aqua Mark
A DMR II PRO with illuminated reticle would sell like hotcakes I think. I had to sell my new DMR II because the CA was obnoxious. Its the only scope I have ever noticed anything like that. I am a fan of the thicker reticles in these scopes. I don’t paper punch so thin reticles are a negative for my use. How many of you guys use the center of the reticle anyhow other than zeroing your rifle. I hold wind. There is always wind.

Reactions: Aqua Mark
20200901_160138.jpg
dmr2
20200923_101705.jpg
dmr2pro

I'm a big fan of the dmr2/dmr2pro. It takes razor/atacr glass to make me notice bushnell "inferiority". Ive never had a mechanic or tracking issue with multiple dmr/ers/dmr2/xrs2, over the years. It does seem that one of the original dmr1 i had had ca issues, but it was only bothersome on extreme bright days on freshly painted white steel.

View attachment 7447250dmr2View attachment 7447251dmr2pro

I'm a big fan of the dmr2/dmr2pro. It takes razor/atacr glass to make me notice bushnell "inferiority". Ive never had a mechanic or tracking issue with multiple dmr/ers/dmr2/xrs2, over the years. It does seem that one of the original dmr1 i had had ca issues, but it was only bothersome on extreme bright days on freshly painted white steel.

Nice setups I'm really digging the Badger and have allways wondered why I don't see more of them. 👍

Reactions: 6brshooter
I know this thread is a little dated, but I glommed a Bushnell DMRII from Midway for $670 last night. Seems like a great deal for that scope.
They are selling them below cost, grab them while they have them as it's a great scope and at that price (if it fits what you're looking for) it's a slam dunk

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the updated G3 and 25 (or so) yd parallax on the Bushnell line.

Then I will call Doug again.

Hard to not do business with a guy who does CS like Cameraland and Doug.
I haven't had to use it, and the many examples I have read on here make it crystal clear. Good folks.

Reactions: vortexyz
I also snagged a dmrii last night for $670. That seems crazy low for an optic like this. Should be a nice step up from my swfa 10x42.

I’m in the same boat as powdahound. I keep waiting for the updated reticle and closer parallax, but its getting harder and harder to say no at these prices.

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat as powdahound. I keep waiting for the updated reticle and closer parallax, but its getting harder and harder to say know at these prices.
How will the updated G3 reticle differ from the existing G3?

They’ve hinted at having something of a hybrid between the g3 and their ”deploy” reticle. The biggest difference for me is just having a floating dot.

Reactions: Calfed
I also snagged a dmrii last night for $670. That seems crazy low for an optic like this. Should be a nice step up from my swfa 10x42.
I just did the same thing today.
Bought the first one through Doug. Crazy low prices for a very good scope.

I know this thread is a little dated, but I glommed a Bushnell DMRII from Midway for $670 last night. Seems like a great deal for that scope.
Must have missed the sale! Back up to 850, think I'll just get a dmr 2 pro when they're back in stock.

Must have missed the sale! Back up to 850, think I'll just get a dmr 2 pro when they're back in stock.
I see that now. They only have the illuminated model in stock. Still a pretty good price for one.

I also got the DMR II from Midway at clearance pricing. I went with the non-illuminated because the center section of the reticle is slightly thinner than the illuminated version. I'm really impressed with the scope upon first inspection, and I can't wait to stretch the legs of my 6.5 Creedmoor gasser with it. Now it looks like I'll be playing musical chairs with my optics & rifles as I migrate the old scopes down the line.

I also got the DMR II from Midway at clearance pricing. I went with the non-illuminated because the center section of the reticle is slightly thinner than the illuminated version. I'm really impressed with the scope upon first inspection, and I can't wait to stretch the legs of my 6.5 Creedmoor gasser with it. Now it looks like I'll be playing musical chairs with my optics & rifles as I migrate the old scopes down the line.
I did the same thing. Now I wish I would have purchased 2. The price has jumped $200.

Anyone still offering sales on the dmr2 or xrs2? I think I dropped the ball not getting one a couple months back.

Has Bushnell ended production of their Elite Tactical scopes?