• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell dmr2 vs tract toric prs

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
Looking at upgrading soon and I need a new scope. Will be used for prs and hunting from 50 yards out. I want under 4x on low end and illuminated.
I'm hesitant on the tract because of only 20mils of adjustment.

I have a athlon midas tac 6-24 which I love but it's not illuminated. Both scopes are same price basically.
6.5cm is what I'm shooting if that matters
Thoughts?

If you love the Midas TAC why not get the Illuminated Ares BTR?
It's an option. I believe a buddy has one. So I should be able to check it out. In honesty I kinda want to get out of the "budget" options funds permitted. It most likely will be used for hunting and informal long range the most.

I had a DMRii and still have two Tract Toric’s. I traded the DMRii and some cash for a Bushnell XRS. The XRS has much nicer glass than the DMRii. The Tract also has much better glass than the DMRii and much smoother controls. My biggest gripe about the DMR was the mag ring was REALLY stiff. Also, the parallax only went down to 75 yards. I love the XRS and the glass is fantastic but again the parallax only goes to 75 yards. Both of my Tract optics are on rimfire rifles which get shot out to 350-400 yards. I have both on canted rails and have 16-18 mils of adjustment on them. If I had to pick between the DMRii and the Tract I would get the Tract without a second thought. You may want to consider the Ares ETR as well since it’s in the same price range as the other optics you are looking at and is a lot of scope for the money.

I am the first to admit that I am a bit of a fan of the DMR, DMR II, & now the DMR II Pro. I have been shooting them since they came out and seem to always have one in the rotation if for nothing more than a back up when one of my other scopes that cost 2-3 times as much takes a dump. These series of scopes have been so reliable for me over I don’t know how many I have owned and tested. The optics on the Pro is improved over the previous generation. I know they don’t have S&B optics but from my experience they are more reliable, I have had 3 benders take a dump on me and not one DMR...

Oh and all my DMR variants have corrected parallax down to 50 yards.

I had a DMRii and still have two Tract Toric’s. I traded the DMRii and some cash for a Bushnell XRS. The XRS has much nicer glass than the DMRii. The Tract also has much better glass than the DMRii and much smoother controls. My biggest gripe about the DMR was the mag ring was REALLY stiff. Also, the parallax only went down to 75 yards. I love the XRS and the glass is fantastic but again the parallax only goes to 75 yards. Both of my Tract optics are on rimfire rifles which get shot out to 350-400 yards. I have both on canted rails and have 16-18 mils of adjustment on them. If I had to pick between the DMRii and the Tract I would get the Tract without a second thought. You may want to consider the Ares ETR as well since it’s in the same price range as the other optics you are looking at and is a lot of scope for the money.
The ares is an option.

I have both the Ares and the Tract. To my eye, the glass on the Tract is slightly better, but you certainly wont be disappointed with the Ares.

Put a vote in for Tract. Great guys to deal with. Own two of their scopes. Love them both. Give them a shout or web chat - you can talk with one of the owners. Free shipping and no sales tax helps as well:)

Hows the reticle look at low end?
If you are asking me, I love the Tract reticle. Embarrassing admission - I looked away from Tract as I thought their reticles were too bold and I was afraid the Christmas tree would only get in the way. Only later did I realize their website chose to show an exaggerated illuminated view - this is nothing like the view you see. Figured that out watching West Desert Shooter review the scope. The reticle is actually well thought out - very faint tree - zoomed out to 4x the tree almost disappears which allows my eye to find the center well. One more thing - I bought the 34mm - believe its the same reticle - took advantage of Military discount to get the higher end.

If you are asking me, I love the Tract reticle. Embarrassing admission - I looked away from Tract as I thought their reticles were too bold and I was afraid the Christmas tree would only get in the way. Only later did I realize their website chose to show an exaggerated illuminated view - this is nothing like the view you see. Figured that out watching West Desert Shooter review the scope. The reticle is actually well thought out - very faint tree - zoomed out to 4x the tree almost disappears which allows my eye to find the center well. One more thing - I bought the 34mm - believe its the same reticle - took advantage of Military discount to get the higher end.
Good for lowlight hunting?