• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite 3200?

dorklord

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2013
La Crosse, WI
I'm sure this has been beaten to death before, but I'm thinking about picking a Bushnell Elite 3200 Tactical 10x scope. I'm just wondering if there are any other scopes in this sort of budget price range (~$200) that I should be looking at?

This is going on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 308. I like the mildot reticle, and the fact that the adjustments are also in mils, but I'm really just looking to a get a decent scope.

Last edited:
I'm not married to the fixed 10x part. In fact, almost every other scope I've ever had was a variable (usually 3-9) but my thought was that with the fixed scope, I'm (hopefully?) getting a higher quality scope for the money than a variable with all the other same features. Also, whenever I'm shooting at the range I end up just cranking the scopes power to maximum, and I'm sure ranging with the reticle will be much easier with a fixed scope.

I started with the Bushnell 10X before moving to the SWFA 12X. For the money the Bushnell cost ($200 at Midway - $75 Bushnell Elite rebate = $125) it's been a good value. The Bushnell glass isn't bad and I shot it successfully at 1000 yards down to less than 1 MOA targets. The only significant issue with the Bushnell is that it has no focus/parallax adjustment which means you are forced to maintain a perfect sight alignment process.

The SWFA mil quad reticle is far superior to the basic mil-dot reticle in the Bushnell and the glass is very good (for the price).

I'm not married to the fixed 10x part. In fact, almost every other scope I've ever had was a variable (usually 3-9) but my thought was that with the fixed scope, I'm (hopefully?) getting a higher quality scope for the money than a variable with all the other same features. Also, whenever I'm shooting at the range I end up just cranking the scopes power to maximum, and I'm sure ranging with the reticle will be much easier with a fixed scope.

You are correct that the more features a low priced scope has, it has to give up on something whether it is glass quality , repeatability etc.
It's real tough to get any kind of good variable scope for distance shooting at the budget of $200

My opinion you are on the right track to go with a fixed power. Keep a look out on the forum for a used Super Sniper fixed .
I would go with that instead of the Bushnell . If you do go with the Bushnell it's not a bad scope either for your intended purpose.

I have had a few fixed 10x bushnells and SS's. I think they are great scopes for the money. THey have always held zero and tracked fine. THey are also light and small which doesn't hurt anything. THe glass is just fine as well.

I think they are great starter scopes. The SS has a parallax adjustment which can come in handy. BUT, if you learn to shoot the bushnell very well you are learning to do things right. I got my buddy into LR shooting. He bought a bushy fixed 10 till he could get something better, he still shoots that thing, does very well with it, and kills critters with it too. Don't let it fool you. There is a very capapable shooter on this forum that has been very successful with a S&B fixed 10. If I was on a budget I would look hard at them. They should be pretty dependable as there is not much to go wrong in them and I would rather have a fixed budget scope than a variable. My bushy fogged up one time but cleared up (inside fogged). Bushnell was more than willing to fix it but I never sent it. Has been fine since then. NOt trying to scare you. Its a fine starter scope and mine currently sits on a SPS as well. Might just go shoot that thing soon while others are in the shop. Good luck