• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell elite 6500 vs leupold mark 4?

amauro1

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2011
NY, USA
anyone have any experiences with either?, alot of people are saying the leupold is "over priced", any input?

thanks!

Re: Bushnell elite 6500 vs leupold mark 4?

I can give you my .02 based on comparisons I've made.....
Leupold glass IS quite good, make no mistake.Overpriced? Not sure I'd go that far,good stuff ain't cheap either way but there are some that are CLOSE in optics quality,are less expensive, though I do question their ultimate durability ( not that I've broke them).I have a Bushy 6500 Elite 4.5-30 that I would say is about equal UNTIL you crank it past 24 or so, then it gets iffy.Dim, very touchy eyebox,loss of clarity.But, up to that point it's about equal to my Mk4 8.5-25.I also have a Bushy 4200 Tactical 6-24 that I feel IS equal to the Mk4 in optics, but probably would not go into battle with it.

I don't have any 6500's.

I have a 4200 and used Elite Tacticals in the past. I have chosen not to buy any Mark 4's because I don't believe the price is warranted.

It's really up to you to make the decision on if they are overprices. Some people put a huge value on the name.

Take a look at what is popping up in Bushnell's Elite Tactical line this year. They are on the move and seem intent on dominating the $1000 price point.

Leupold has some very interesting high end stuff coming out this year, but none of it is in the MkIV price range.

Thank you for all your responses, I'm also looking into the vortex pst now too.. Any info on them?

I ordered myself 2 PST's... the 4x16 and the 6x24

I have not been able to take these out and shoot through them yet, but so far I'm super impressed with their functionality and customer support. They have a lifetime Warranty basically if any problem arises, send it in and they will take care of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can give you my .02 based on comparisons I've made.....
Leupold glass IS quite good, make no mistake.Overpriced? Not sure I'd go that far,good stuff ain't cheap either way but there are some that are CLOSE in optics quality,are less expensive, though I do question their ultimate durability ( not that I've broke them).I have a Bushy 6500 Elite 4.5-30 that I would say is about equal UNTIL you crank it past 24 or so, then it gets iffy.Dim, very touchy eyebox,loss of clarity.But, up to that point it's about equal to my Mk4 8.5-25.I also have a Bushy 4200 Tactical 6-24 that I feel IS equal to the Mk4 in optics, but probably would not go into battle with it.</div></div>

Thanks for the info! I was looking at a 4.5-30 but if it's only usable to 24 what's the point!

I have expirence with both, a Bushnell 6500 2.5-14 and a MK 4 6.5-20. I still have the Mark 4, the 6500 was a good quailty optic I just preferred the Leupy over the Bushy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve1212</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can give you my .02 based on comparisons I've made.....
Leupold glass IS quite good, make no mistake.Overpriced? Not sure I'd go that far,good stuff ain't cheap either way but there are some that are CLOSE in optics quality,are less expensive, though I do question their ultimate durability ( not that I've broke them).I have a Bushy 6500 Elite 4.5-30 that I would say is about equal UNTIL you crank it past 24 or so, then it gets iffy.Dim, very touchy eyebox,loss of clarity.But, up to that point it's about equal to my Mk4 8.5-25.I also have a Bushy 4200 Tactical 6-24 that I feel IS equal to the Mk4 in optics, but probably would not go into battle with it.</div></div>

Thanks for the info! I was looking at a 4.5-30 but if it's only usable to 24 what's the point! </div></div>

Because its useable below 6.5X.....down to 4.5X to be exact.

Gunderstorm. Do you have a 4.5-30? I'm still looking at getting one because a few online reveiws say there are usable to 30 just not perfect.

Anyone else have an option?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageSteve10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gunderstorm. Do you have a 4.5-30? I'm still looking at getting one because a few online reveiws say there are usable to 30 just not perfect.

Anyone else have an option? </div></div>

Yes, I do have one. Its my favorite hunting scope and not the most expensive scope I own. The 24-30X power range is still useable in the daylight but, not too good in low light.