• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5x21x50, How do the owners of this scope like it?

Baranx4

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2012
Northeastern, Pa.
As the heading says, I am looking at one with the G2 reticle. I can get one at a good price and am looking to pick up one. I've already done a few searches regarding this scope. Basically I was wondering how this scope compares to scopes in it's same price range and class. Also what rings are you using, I was looking at seekins.

Thanks,

Rich

Do a search for "HDMR", you'll find numerous comparisons.

General consensus: very good optic, great at the price point, some very early models had some minor issues but those have long since been resolved...not your pappy's blister pack Bushnell.

Last edited:
I bought the Bushnell Elite Tactical G2DMR 3.5-21X50 scope and like it so much I bought a 2nd one. Other than not having a zero stop and an illuminated reticule the glass and tracking compare very favorably to my Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50 scopes at almost half the price. Give Scott at Liberty Optics a call he is great to deal with.

Do a search for "HDMR", you'll find numerous comparisons.
General consensus: very good optic, great at the price point, some very early models had some minor issues but those have long sense been resolved...not your pappy's blister pack Bushnell.

Exactly. For me, the G2 reticle is the best ranging design on the market. Not too cluttered for precision work and easy to read. I have (3) 3.5-21X50 Bushies and they're all solid. No tunneling
at low mag, plus very good glass. I use TPS TSR steel alloy rings (34mm for the 3.5-21X50) and they've been great.
Good luck. You'll really like the scope.

I have one and it's been very good. And agree with seekins rings that is what I used and they are great quality.

Exactly. For me, the G2 reticle is the best ranging design on the market. Not too cluttered for precision work and easy to read. I have (3) 3.5-21X50 Bushies and they're all solid. No tunneling
at low mag, plus very good glass. I use TPS TSR steel alloy rings (34mm for the 3.5-21X50) and they've been great.
Good luck. You'll really like the scope.

No tunneling?
Not true, the ERS and the DMR both tunnel.
I've seen it (have owned 2 DMRs and an HDMR), and it's in the published specs.

They are good scopes nonetheless.

I just got my first one a couple weeks ago. And am seriously considering buying 2 more to put on my other rifles. At the price point I don't think it can be beat.

I've had one a year and love it. Best way to spend $1200 on a scope IMHO. Mine does tunnel though, but who cares. I don't think you will find a better optic in that price point.

I shot one for 6 months. For the price I think they are hard to beat. They are not quite as clear as my NF F1 but never had any issues with it. Actually my youngest son is shorting with it. They don't have the light gathering of the higher priced scopes but for the price I don't think they can be beat.

No tunneling?
Not true, the ERS and the DMR both tunnel.
I've seen it (have owned 2 DMRs and an HDMR), and it's in the published specs.
They are good scopes nonetheless.

My Elite 6-24X50 DMR tunnels. I just got one less than two weeks ago and noticed it immediately - like within one minute.
It was surprising because I hadn't seen that before in my 3.5-21X50s, which is the model we're talking about.
None of my 3.5-21X50 DMRs tunnel. Even though I've used them all a lot, I just double checked.

I have a G2 and a Tremor2. I love them both. Both track 100% and have very optics. I could not be happier with them. I am not sure if they tunnel because I am so used to my PMII doing it I don't even notice any more...

I like the Seekins rings, but the APA's are my favorites!

I like mine. It does tunnel from 3.5 to about 5x if I recall. I don't use the low end of the magnification anyways, so it doesn't bother me. Glass is clear. Reticule is a little thin at the lower mags and a little thick for my liking at 20-21x, but nothing that can be done about that on a FFP scope with a wide mag range.

love my tremor 2 just bought one for 900 too trying to sell stuff to get another at this price. mine does tunnel from 5-3.5.

Last edited:
I bought one of the FDE GZA models with 10 mil turrets & zero stop. Very good optics, tracks well, really like the G2 reticle. Not sure how these newer GZAs compare to the previous 5mil turret/no zero stop models, as I've not yet had the chance to do a side-by-side, but several of the guys here claim the glass is the same in both. If that's the case, I'd like to get one of the 5 mil models for one of my other rifles.

My ERS 3.5-21x50 tunnels ever so slightly from 3.5-appx 4.5. Its good before you get to the full 5 mark.

I just sent a HDMR back to Midway a couple days ago and ordered another NF high speed with zero stop. I loved the Bushy and ran it for a couple months on a 7 mag but last week after dialing out for the 1300 yard steel then back to 700, and down for another 100 yard group it did not come back to zero. It was 2.5 mils high on the hundred yard line so I rezeroed and reapeted the above. Again for the second go around it did not return to zero this time almost a full 3 mils low. It was in a Larue LT120 all snugged to spec with both levers locked. After trying some more it was only getting worse and I was done messing with it. This is the first time in ten years I have ever ventured from Nightforce and It will not happen again. Midway and Euro have NF on sell now from 1200 to 1499 depending on the model. I have never had any issues with NF of any type maybe Ive been lucky and on the same note maybe just unlucky on my first Bushy. My Brother runs the same Bushy I had troubles with on a Win Mag with zero issues so it was probaly just a bad egg.

I just sent a HDMR back to Midway a couple days ago and ordered another NF high speed with zero stop. I loved the Bushy and ran it for a couple months on a 7 mag but last week after dialing out for the 1300 yard steel then back to 700, and down for another 100 yard group it did not come back to zero. It was 2.5 mils high on the hundred yard line so I rezeroed and reapeted the above. Again for the second go around it did not return to zero this time almost a full 3 mils low. It was in a Larue LT120 all snugged to spec with both levers locked. After trying some more it was only getting worse and I was done messing with it. This is the first time in ten years I have ever ventured from Nightforce and It will not happen again. Midway and Euro have NF on sell now from 1200 to 1499 depending on the model. I have never had any issues with NF of any type maybe Ive been lucky and on the same note maybe just unlucky on my first Bushy. My Brother runs the same Bushy I had troubles with on a Win Mag with zero issues so it was probaly just a bad egg.

I've had a NF 5.5-22's elevation get stuck on one occasion, turret turned but reticle didn't move past a certain point. A guy I know had a F1 that was DOA right out of the box.

You just got a bad one, happens sometimes.

If its a demo I sure can't tell it from new. It came in a factory sealed box and no signs of use whatsoever.
Same here. Factory sealed box and no evidence at all that it had ever been out. I couldn't pass up the deal, even though I would have preferred a different reticle.

Same here. Factory sealed box and no evidence at all that it had ever been out. I couldn't pass up the deal, even though I would have preferred a different reticle.

What all came in the box if you don't mind me asking. Sunshade? Scope caps? ext?

yea it said demo so i was surprised when mine came in a sealed box too. mine came with all accessories too. i was worried it would not come with a shade. they must have had a hand full of these as many people as i have seen who bought them

Last edited:
I'd probably buy a third one for $900 brand new if it had the G2. I have one of the G2DMRs from the first group buy and an ERS and the reticle is awesome. My G2DMR will be headed back for warranty repair or replacement for a known issue for some of the original group buy scopes. "Dust" from the glue used to hold the lenses in place has gathered on the lens. I don't mind the hassle too much, love the scope and shit happens. It's still usable but will be going back for repair. I've heard it's been taken care if and not an issue any more.

For me I love this scope. I think it offerers a lot for the price & if I ever do have a problem, knowing Bushnell will stand behind it as long as I own it is a nice security blanket. Love the G2 reticle, very useful without a lot of clutter. It is a little heavy & finding the large rings can be a treasure hunt. I just wish I could have got it for some of the prices you all are getting them for.