• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Tactical 4.5-30 x 50mm Scope

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
I searched but found little info on this scope. I sent in a old Bushnell Trophy 5x15 mildot for warranty work, the windage fingertip turrets would not adjust easily. Bushnell was going to send me an Elite scope in lower power so I asked fort a higher power instead. They offered the 4.5 x 30 for 390 price difference, I though it was a good deal for this scope vs the other one I paid $200 for 6 years ago, so I took it. Did not have time to research before I pulled the trigger but always happy with the Bushy elite glass and Bushnell customer service. If anyone has this scope would appreciate your thoughts as I can probably still change my mind by tomorrow.

Scope link

http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/elite-tactical/xrs-4-5-30x-50mm-mil-dot#

Re: Bushnell Elite Tactical 4.5-30 x 50mm Scope

They are great scopes for the $$$. The 90moa is really closer to 80moa so a big one finger salute to Bushnell for that but otherwise they have a great zoom ratio and lots of travel. I have several of the 6500 tacticals and love the 2.5-16's and the 4.5-30's. You will be happy with it.

Thanks for the feedback Icedragon. Will be on a 308 Rem 700 or a Model 70 WSM both with 20moa rails so adjustability should be fine.

Just because there isn't much feedback I wouldn't worry. All of my scopes have been bushnells and they're great. I don't see any reason why one of their higher end scopes would need to be worried over just because it doesn't have much feedback.

Id say you got a good deal going, $590 is a very decent price for it. They used to be more readily available at that price and has seem to go up a bit lately.

With that said, the 4.5-30 would not be my first pick out of the Elite Tactical if I was in negotiations with them (and I did consider that particular model).

In my book the drawbacks are being mil/moa and having a less than optimal usability above 24x. After consideration I purchased the 2.5-16x42 which ive been very happy with (aside from the mismatched turrets), the picture is clear, bright and has an incredibly useful mag range.

Aside from lacking the larger range, the 3-12 and 6-24 models can be had with mil turrets, more reticle choices and FFP option (might be worth considering if they are also an option).

For higher magnification I decided to opt for Sightron's 8-32x56 (opposed to the Bushnell). It has matching turrets, more reticle choices and better glass. Im happy with the Bushnell I have, personally feel the 2.5-16 is a better buy than its larger brother. It also has 120 moa of adjustment.

Either way it sounds like you are getting a good deal. For the money, they are nice. I dont want to insue that the 4.5-30 is not nice, only wanted to point out some other options.

Good luck with your upgrade-

Edit: hadn't noticed how long ago you bought the original...considering that scope is almost completely depreciated I would even venture to say your getting a steal at that price. Money very well spent-

I have the Eltie Tactical in 6.5x24-50 and am really pleased with it. Sounds like you got a good scope for a very reasonable price.

I really don't have anything to add because I have never owned a 4.5-30 but it would be nice if when you read the specs on Bushnell's site, it would at least seem like they knew what they were talking about. In the upper part of the page where you can expand out the features it states that it has .25mil click value. Then farther down in the specs toward the bottom of the page it states .25"/100 yards or 7mm at 100 meters.

Again, not at all meant to be a slam on you for getting the scope. I think you got a heck of a deal and good for Bushnell to make you the deal.

Very happy with my 5-15x40, and thats the 3200! Your 6500 will be nicer yet. Best warranty going, cant complain. Wonder why they dropped the numbers from the name?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: erslll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... on Bushnell's site, it would at least seem like they knew what they were talking about. In the upper part of the page where you can expand out the features it states that it has .25mil click value. Then farther down in the specs toward the bottom of the page it states .25"/100 yards or 7mm at 100 meters.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmyJerry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed that too and asked them direct on the phone. </div></div>

I must say this is a pretty common problem... As much as I like Bushnell, they are horrible at updating and maintaining their website. From what I've seen assigning proper adjustment value is a common error. They are MOA though. They do mark a number of scopes in IPHY but I think they complicate their description by listing their vall their values as (x) value at 100 yards in their spec spec area and listing differently in "features". Ive seen and heard scopes listed as 1/10 mil and inch for same model in past when was actually moa. Remember someone on here a few months ago returned one for that reason (expecting mil).

I know people have made them aware of it. I have no idea why they haven't cleaned it up. I think its better now than it was before but I would still confirm specs elsewhere ie. Over the phone

When's your new 4.5-30 supposed to come in (if you placed the order)?

Scope came in wednesday but on business trip will see it this afternoon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
erslll said:
I know people have made them aware of it. I have no idea why they haven't cleaned it up. I think its better now than it was before but I would still confirm specs elsewhere ie. Over the phone

When's your new 4.5-30 supposed to come in (if you placed the order)? </div></div>

Just got my XRS yesterday. I'm cerakoting it tonight so no pics right this second. I'll get some pics either late tonight or tomorrow for you.

So far, the scope rocks. I'll have time behind it on Sunday when I zero it.

Branden

67011_226919444111972_914427817_n.jpg

Definately a really, really nice scope.

Branden

Nice I just mounted the ERS, was thinking abut sending it back for a XTR or other mil mil, but SWFA sent me the 16X in MOA after I cancelled original MOA and tried to get the Mil Mil, my fault not theirs. They told me to and it back but will keep it and order another in 20X. I think I will stick with MOA-Mil dot now since that's what all my guns have anyway. Nice job on the coating, no way I would attempt that. The Glass on teh SWFA 16 is about the same as the glass on teh Bushy at 16 power. Am happy with both scopes but the SS is a better buy if you can use fixed power.

Did you rough up the texture on the scope in anyway before spraying?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you rough up the texture on the scope in anyway before spraying? </div></div>

No, the anodizing holds paint really well.

Branden

Just to be clear, Short Bus has the higher mag range version of HDMR v2 while ArmyJerry got the old 4.5-30 ET that retailed for less than $1k.

Not nearly the same scope.

Joe

I had the 4.5-30 and just sold it a couple of months ago. My problem was that although the glass is good up to about 20-24 power, after that it seemed to fall slightly out of focus. Also, it seemed after every shot with a .308 I had to readjust the focus knob. It's still a good scope but I decided not to deal with it and upgraded to a Razor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short-bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
67011_226919444111972_914427817_n.jpg

Definately a really, really nice scope.

Branden </div></div>

Branden,

I'll be getting mine on Wednesday (just got tracking number from GAP).
Does it come with the sunshade?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Original_Copy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Branden,

I'll be getting mine on Wednesday (just got tracking number from GAP).
Does it come with the sunshade?
</div></div>

Yes it does.

Branden

Mine should be here soon, but my concern is with the felt clicks? I know it's not a big issue either way, but how are the clicks? Are they audible, crisp, mushy, or? Just curious.

I went with the XRS so I could have Mil/Mil. Great scope. I like Bushnell but they need to try a little harder..lol