• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50 Riflescope quality

Mjolnir23

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
My question is for anybody who owns one of these scopes or has some experience with one of them. I am looking at getting one and was curious how is quality compared to something like a Leupold MK4 LRT? I currently own a MK4 LRT but it is only a 3.5-10x and wanted something with a little more magnification. I was planning on transferring that to another rifle and put a Bushnell on my current LR rig (308). My planned uses for the Bushnell would be hunting and amateur competition shoots, so it needs to be durable because it will probably get banged around a little. Also thought I would mention that I know there are better quality scopes out there but I am able to get one of the Bushnells significantly cheaper than its list price so that is why I bring up the question. Any information is appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saracen7
I have a 4 x 30 x 50 elite 6500. My buddy has 2 - 6 x 24 x50 4200 elite models and the same 6500 as I do . They have not failed in any way, I believe the leupold (I have no exp with one, just looked thru at cabelas) has better more reliable internals but the glass is brighter on the bushnell. Just my opinion. At 1000 yds and full zoom the bushnell is not very clear. I had an opportunity to look thru a sightron this weekend (which is comparably priced) and I thought it was a better glass. Now I did not spend as much time as I wanted looking thru the sightron or tried adjusting the knobs. Now the owner commented that he thought the glass was as good as NF. After looking thru his sightron I looked thru my NF nxs, I didn't think the sightron was as clear. Is the NF worth double, no I would rather have two sightrons. Just my opinion. I would buy a sightron before another bushnell in the 1000$ range. The leupold and NF scopes are tanks and can withstand a lot of abuse. probably where some of the money goes.

My 6500 has caps which is nice for competition using the mildots for certain stages and on the longer shots I took the cap off for making adjustments. there was a guy in the competition that accidentaly bumped and moved his knobs. I don't remember which scope he was using.

Sorry to hi-jack but did you purchase this scope? Its the ET6245FG model your looking at correct?
I have a friend who is able to buy much nicer optics than me and he had purchased on of these and them purchased a NF for the intended rifle instead. He told me he would sell me the scope un-mount and new in the plastic for seven beans. I was thinking of using it on my Savage 10FCP-SR, what do you think?

Sorry to hi-jack but did you purchase this scope? Its the ET6245FG model your looking at correct?
I have a friend who is able to buy much nicer optics than me and he had purchased on of these and them purchased a NF for the intended rifle instead. He told me he would sell me the scope un-mount and new in the plastic for seven beans. I was thinking of using it on my Savage 10FCP-SR, what do you think?

Depends on the mount. You can get a brand new ET6245FG for $704 direct from bushnell if your mil/leo, and that comes with a 1 year money back if you dont like it, and you have the newest glass/internals/RAINHD Guard or whatever its called.

I kind of have the same question as I currently run a VX-6 1-6x24 but want more magnification on my current AR (223) platform. I will also be running a T1 on a GDI at an offset. Will this work well? I will be engaging targets from 200-600 and using the T1 for anything closer than that.

I believe the leupold (I have no exp with one, just looked thru at cabelas) has better more reliable internals but the glass is brighter on the bushnell. Just my opinion.

So based on no experience with either failing, and having no hand in designing or repairing either scope, you can form an opinion with regards to reliability and robustness of the design?
Do you have x-ray vision, too?

I have had several Bushnell ET6245s and still own an ET6245F.
In my experience they are robust scopes that track correctly.

Joe

Reactions: Saracen7
Appreciate the information from everyone, so is the consensus about Bushnell go or no go? Like I said before I know there are much better scopes but I wanted to pay less than $800. I have considered SWFA and Vortex but the Bushnell I was looking at appeared to be the most bang for the buck. Any additional information especially first hand experience with Bushnells would be greatly appreciated.

I have several bushnells and several NF's

If I don't think I need a NF on a rifle I go bushnell.

did it just so a few guns would deff have optics if I needed them but fate had her twisted sense of humor and now my top 2 guns have GDMR's on em LOL

My LR hunting rifle (Custon 7STW) has the bushnell 6-24 ELITE on it and I have no complaints. I've had it for many years and Ive never had to touch a thing. I can dial out to 1k with great tracking and come back down to a perfect zero and its held it that way for a long time. I have no problem with bushnell

I purchased a ET6245FG (G2DMR reticle) through Optics Planet in June of 2012. Paid $1k for it. I have not been delicate with it. It has performed flawlessly. As others have mentioned, I have been able to dial up and down with consistent and expected results. I am in the process of building a 6.5 Creedmoor and will be putting a Bushnell on that rifle as well. My vote is a go.

I am not sure I know what you mean by this.

Over years they have improved their product, including the glass (last year, according to rep) and some other small things. RAIN HD is the coating.

For the others that are asking, Bushnell is no shit the absolute best value in premium glass out there right now. They are what NF was, 4-7 Years ago. Fantastic products at a very good price point. Durrable, rugged, and made for shooters. In time, like everything else, their brand will rise and move into more expensive brackets. Buy them now why they are realitivley cheap (with discounts or used)

I have the scope mentioned in the thread title. It's mounted on a Remy 700 in .308. It's been a great optic so far. Does well in the field, shooting out a little past 8, and also well shooting in 600 competitions. Good value for the money. I treat it well, and have had no issues.

Got one of the ET6245FG w/G2DMR reticle a couple weeks back, my limit was 1k for new scope. Read alot of good reviews of the newer Bushnell products, so I opted to try one. Having had a Vortex PST previously on my steel banger rifle. After a few outings with the new scope, I kinda felt like I took a step back going with the Bushnell (*see problem below).
Returned the Elite and got a Vortex PST (6-24ebr1)for $49 more and couldn't be happier (for under 1k). Nice feeling turret adjustments, audible adjustments, slightly lower turrets, more heavy duty looking turret internals (brass mass), zero stop and illumination. Did like the G2DMR reticle better, but the EBR1 is good and plenty functional, imo.
Glass quality seemed identical to me at all powers, daylight, dusk, etc.
The Bushnell Elite elevation turret would "lock up", firmly lock up, at least once per revolution when dialing up/down, which is when I started having second thoughts. Not having kept it, I'm not sure if it would have just gone away with use or not....

Last edited:
Appreciate the information from everyone, so is the consensus about Bushnell go or no go? Like I said before I know there are much better scopes but I wanted to pay less than $800. I have considered SWFA and Vortex but the Bushnell I was looking at appeared to be the most bang for the buck. Any additional information especially first hand experience with Bushnells would be greatly appreciated.

My model number is 654306MD. I do like it better than the 6 x 24 x50 4200 elite model my buddy has with the turrets. very easy to reset to 0. Always accurate. Optics planet does have them for 789 I think. I bought mine BNIB off ebay 2 years for about 730 ish.

Thanks for the clarification Cobra. Gentlemen thank you for the information, after reading replies I think I am going to give the Bushnell a shot.

My Vote is SS from SWFA

My question is for anybody who owns one of these scopes or has some experience with one of them. I am looking at getting one and was curious how is quality compared to something like a Leupold MK4 LRT? I currently own a MK4 LRT but it is only a 3.5-10x and wanted something with a little more magnification. I was planning on transferring that to another rifle and put a Bushnell on my current LR rig (308). My planned uses for the Bushnell would be hunting and amateur competition shoots, so it needs to be durable because it will probably get banged around a little. Also thought I would mention that I know there are better quality scopes out there but I am able to get one of the Bushnells significantly cheaper than its list price so that is why I bring up the question. Any information is appreciated.

I had the ET6245FG, with the G2DMR reticle...actually it is riding the 10FP on the profile pic. Great glass,great reticle....BUT....several months into ownership, I had to rezero my scope due to a major loading change. The turret markings fell between marks. To Bushnell's credit, they sent me new turrets. No go. Then I shipped the scope back...they moved my zero to a spot that lined up and sent it back as fixed. Again...No go. Then I demanded a new scope....the replacement was 'double-checked' before they shipped and to my horror had the EXACT same issue PLUS a 5-6 degree canted reticle. So, I requested they honor their Bulletproof 100% money back promise...which they did. Like I said...great glass, but when you have 50 potential mil marking stop points, and only 49 gear teeth on a cap/spindle you are going to have problems. I don't think they ever corrected the problem either....even though one tech at Bushy admitted it was an issue but he just 'lived' with it. Not bashing Bushnell in general...but that left a bad taste in my mouth for their QC.

On the flip side....as soon as SWFA noted a problem with their turret on the 5-20 (similar situation), they corrected it and I have read very positive reviews ever since. Just my $.02.

I'm with ya OP!
I work in a PD but I am not an officer just IT. The guys here are cool though and got the ET6245FG ordered up for me for under 7 beans.
Let me know what your impressions are when you get a chance to use yours. Mine should be here Monday.....

I recently purchased the ET62450FG (G2) (in New Zealand) and experienced a spot of bother with it. After adjusting the elevation turret, the reticule would either stick, or jump to a random position for the first shot of the group. The following shots would land where expected.
I brought it back to the shop and they sent it off to get it fixed; here in NZ, so not by Bushnell. Got it back, ran a tracking test, and it seems fine now.

I have not banged it about, nor do I intend to.

I run an SS 5-20 x 50 on another rifle which seems to me to be more rugged. This is purely subjective, and it is not to say that I expect the Bushnell to fall apart on me. Apart from a bad start (which admittedly leaves me a tad nervous), in many ways I prefer it to the SS. The SS has the (well known) stiff magnification and parallax adjustments, and I far prefer the G2 reticule over the milquad. Cons on the Bushnell are the limited elevation and windage range, and the fact the there are only 5 Mils in a turn, although I don’t mind the latter that much. I find the glass on both very good but am yet to critically compare the two side by side. I have managed to observe .308 bullet holes at 450 metres (500 yards for you foreigners) with the SS…very impressive.