• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Tactical G2DMR FFP or something else?

Fourtyfive

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2019
Browsing for a new scope and came across a Bushnell Elite Tact G2DMR 6-24x50 for $655. From what I can find, the elites seem to be pretty good and track well. My only concern is that they seem to be discontinued and replaced by the Forge line. So no sure how that would work with the bushnell guarantee warranty.

Would this be a good buy at this price range, or should I go with a different model? I am currently looking at the Bushnell G2DMR, an Athlon Midas Tac 6-24, or jumping up to the Bushnell Elite Tactical LRTS 4.5-18 G3 or Athlon Ares ETR

The warranty still applies, even on the older Elite models. If you can stretch that budget a bit, though, camera land ny had open box DMR2s (3.5-21x50) in stock recently for $899, and new ones with a Kestrel Sportsman included for $1050.

It would be doable, but one of the reasons behind the scopes I have listed is that I can get them on Amazon as a payment option and not be out the $$ right away, which is great with the holidays right around the corner. I do appreciate the lead on the DMRII's though.

Camera land has stuff on amazon, just have to look at who the seller is.

I'm pretty sure he is talking about he prime feature where you make payments over the course of a few months. I think only certain sellers do that. Cameraland may not even participate in it, wouldnt hurt to ask or try to find out though

It would be doable, but one of the reasons behind the scopes I have listed is that I can get them on Amazon as a payment option and not be out the $$ right away, which is great with the holidays right around the corner. I do appreciate the lead on the DMRII's though.

Doug may be willing to work with you. Give him a yell.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
I'm pretty sure he is talking about he prime feature where you make payments over the course of a few months. I think only certain sellers do that. Cameraland may not even participate in it, wouldnt hurt to ask or try to find out though
You would be correct.

The 6-24x50 is the early elite tactical and has no locking turrets, no zero stop, and only 5 mils/turn turrets.

I had one and they are decent scopes, but I’d keep pass at only a couple hundred les than a dmr2

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
I would say hard pass at that price. I think you would find most of the current production stuff in the 500-700 range to be better all around.

Good scope but dated. If you need a scope and can do the Payment option like you state, the scope is solid. It’s tough, and it will track.
There’s more up to date scopes out there to choose from in that price range.
2020 you’ll probably see some close out prices on some very good scopes, making way for new models.

Thanks for all the replies. I definitely don't want to impulse buy, so I have no problem in saving for a better quality scope later on, so will continue to look around. Thanks again

I second the posters above, the old elite tactical 6-24x50 is a bit dated. It lacks some features you might regret not getting later on. For not a lot more, a DMRii can be had which is leagues ahead in todays market and one of the best values out there for scopes right now IMO...