• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Elite Tactical Sniper Challenge Change of Venue

MosesTheTank

Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
SC
This may make the match more or less attractive depending on where you are.

https://practiscore.com/bushnell-elite-tactical-sniper-challenge-presented-by-beretta-usa-1/register

Bushnell Elite Tactical Sniper Challenge presented by Beretta USA
Due to situation entirely beyond my control, It has become necessary to move the 2020 Bushnell Sniper Challenge from Rockcastle Shooting Center in Kentucky to Coleman's Creek Training Facility in Ellerbe NC.

Coleman's Creek is a new tactical training facility that is quietly used by elite Special Operations units for long range weapons training and off road vehicle training.

The facility is
-52 min. W of Ft. Bragg,
-1.25 hours E of Charlotte,
-1.5 hours SE of Raleigh,
-1 hour S of Greensboro NC,
-2 hours NE of Columbia, SC

After reviewing the body of competitors already registered, this change will put most competitors significantly closer to the match. Except for the Australian team and the team from CO, nearly everyone has less travel time.

Due to the location and terrain of the venue, match flow will be smoother, set-up will be easier, and consequently the stages can be more elaborate and creative. This move is a very positive thing and we are excited to bring you an even better match. This will be the best and most scenic Sniper Challenge yet. There are hills. It is rugged. There is the potential for lots of distance. There will still be blisters.

There is no onsite lodging at Coleman's Creek but camp trailers are welcome. Nearby hotel and food options are exponentially better than Park City, Clinton House, or Blakely if you have shot our previous sniper challenges. Rockingham (15 min) and Southern Pines (30 min) have every major hotel and restaurant option commonly available. It is frankly the closest I have ever been, at a major shooting venue, to this level of auxillary services. There are Super Walmarts in both towns, every major resturaunt chain, all the major hotel chains, some incredible local eateries, and even 4 micro-breweries (3 veteran owned) in Southern Pines.

Dates, divisions, total mileage, terrain, shooting, rules, and the spirit of the Sniper Challenge, all remain unchanged. Only the venue has changed. This is a very positive move and will only improve the quality of the match. Please contact me directly if you have any questions at..... [email protected]

We look forward to seeing you in February!

Reactions: TigernLionGSP
I believe the Hotel, Red Barn area and perhaps Thunder Valley have been sold to outside investors. Last time we shot, about 3 weeks ago. the place was peppered with Auctions Signs.

@MosesTheTank , I sent an email concerning Ro’ing/spotting at the match.

Hey Alan,

Any spotting you can do for my partner would be more than a little appreciated. He has never fired a bolt gun in a match of any kind, partly because he doesn't own a bolt gun. He had never used a magnified optic until he talked me into this match a few months ago and is borrowing a 20" 223 hunting rifle from me. Beyond putting about 100 rounds out to 340 yards through that rifle, his only experience with a bolt gun is with a 22 shooting squirrels in his back yard.

For this secondary rifle I have worked up a 77 SMK load that shoots bugholes at 100. It leaves the barrel at a blistering 2600 fps. God help him if there are any targets beyond 600 yards, especially with even a wisp of wind.

I'm not sure how much steel we'll ring, but we will make the ruck times. At least I think we have that going for us.

Hey Alan,

Any spotting you can do for my partner would be more than a little appreciated. He has never fired a bolt gun in a match of any kind, partly because he doesn't own a bolt gun. He had never used a magnified optic until he talked me into this match a few months ago and is borrowing a 20" 223 hunting rifle from me. Beyond putting about 100 rounds out to 340 yards through that rifle, his only experience with a bolt gun is with a 22 shooting squirrels in his back yard.

For this secondary rifle I have worked up a 77 SMK load that shoots bugholes at 100. It leaves the barrel at a blistering 2600 fps. God help him if there are any targets beyond 600 yards, especially with even a wisp of wind.

I'm not sure how much steel we'll ring, but we will make the ruck times. At least I think we have that going for us.

Sounds like the deck is stacked against you. Lol. Does that email address go to you or someone else at the match?

Hey Alan,

Don't worry man, me and my son in law will be right there with you. I have only shot 3 matches with my 308 which he will be using and i have a Valkyrie gas gun thats new to me. And my partner has been shooting for a short time. Granted we've got a range to 1000 but still....Your not going to be the only team that has new people on it. Should be fun though.

I wish I would’ve know about this match a little earlier. I seen there’s still spots open, but I’m rifle less at the moment and haven’t slung a ruck in about 4 years. Looks like I’ll just have to get trained up and ready for 2021s match.

Looking for a partner for this match.
Trooper division preferred, which is rucking the stages but staying in a hotel, but I'll do any division my partner is up for.

I live just NW of Charlotte

Looking for a partner for this match.
Trooper division preferred, which is rucking the stages but staying in a hotel, but I'll do any division my partner is up for.

I live just NW of Charlotte

if I had everything straightened out and a rifle setup ready to go I’d be down to do this for sure. Maybe if you’re looking for a partner next year though!

Anybody receive any additional info on this yet? Partner and I are registered, but haven't heard anything about check-in/sight-in/step off, etc times

Looks like their facebook page is where there is some Q&A. But I don't have a facebook account

Anybody receive any additional info on this yet? Partner and I are registered, but haven't heard anything about check-in/sight-in/step off, etc times
I haven't seen any info about times yet. I just found out its 100-150 pistol rounds each, and 200 rifle for each shooter. Joe Burdick has set up a face book. group called Hold Center for information but there hasn't been a ton of it. I was going to wait another day or so and then pose the question about schedules if he doesn't post something. When i find out it will post it here as well.

Reactions: Hoyt7mm
Got an update last evening...

Bushnell Elite Tactical Sniper Challenge presented by Beretta USA
Welcome to the 2020 Bushnell Elite Tactical Sniper Challenge.

I have changed things up this year to meet the growing requests for more shooting. As of now there will be 13-15 stages with 4-5 targets per shooter. Each target may be engaged 3 times with 3 opportunities to score. That puts the final round count between 160 and 200 rifle. Pistol will be more variable and require around 100 but there are usually a lot of pistol misses in these types of competitions. Bring 150 to be safe.

Registration will be from noon till 7P on Thursday. Waivers must be signed and you will get shooter packets then. Only after you register, will you be allowed to continue to the zero range. It is 100 yards and paper targets will be provided. Please be brief in checking zero. We will have a 25 yard pistol plate to verify your pistol sights. If you shoot the pistol plate with a rifle, Todd will DQ you before the match starts.

There are plenty of trees in the camping area for hammocks.

Water will be provided at every stage. Please bring something to drink out of.

Please bring a GOOD headlamp. You will be rucking early and late.

Shooters brief Friday morning will be at 0630 sharp. You will be directed where to park when you arrive. Please arrive early enough that you will be able to unload your gear from your car and be at the brief @ 0630. You will step off on your first ruck immediately after your brief.

There will be a "muzzle safe zone" marked by yellow rope staked to the ground at every stage. Rifles will be staged with muzzles perpendicular to and crossing the rope. No exceptions.

Your welcome email after you registered included my email address and instructions to email with any questions or concerns. Please use it if you have questions that arent answered here. I will be happy to answer your email. Please do not post questions on FB. Last week and all next week, I will spend every spare moment on the range preparing for the competition. Please use the recommended resources. Any answers you get on FB may or may not be reliable.

We look forward to seeing you all very soon.

Joe Burdick
MD, B.E.T.S.C.
[email protected]