• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Bushnell FFP mildot spotter

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    This is for anyone interested in the Bushnell Excusrion FFP 15-45x Spotter.

45x magnification
    2,750 meters / 3,007 yards (checked on google earth)
    24 degrees celcius / 75.2 farenheit
    1-2 meters per second wind from 11. Heat mirage visible.

For $400 it's a good spotter, happy with mine.

Re: Bushnell FFP mildot spotter

Glad I could help fellas.

I got mine from "huntler" here on the hide. He's a good guy to deal with, very helpful and quick!

very cool
    wink.gif

Nice. We should have some objects up like this to approximate the range of the target out of these spotters - just for fun. It would give those new to this type of optic some reference on how to properly "read" the mil-dot reticle. If the window to the upper left of dead center in the above picture is the "target" and is figured to be 48" tall, it could be measured at .08 mills, correct?

What's the yardage to the "target"?

I like this spotter from Bushy as well..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splatroll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. We should have some objects up like this to approximate the range of the target out of these spotters - just for fun. It would give those new to this type of optic some reference on how to properly "read" the mil-dot reticle. If the window to the upper left of dead center in the above picture is the "target" and is figured to be 48" tall, it could be measured at .08 mills, correct?

I like this spotter from Bushy as well.. </div></div>

I used the above picture and figured an outside wall height of 8' or 96" and about 0.9 mil. Came out to 2965yd. That's pretty close to actual.

I like the idea of having an informal mil ranging topic that we can all try to learn from. Give us a picture with the mil reticle over-layed. Don't give distance and give people a chance to apply their skills given the information presented. At the end of the week give the answer.

Sounds like a great Idea Mark,
    I personally shoot at 8.5x11sheets of paper and range on the range using that. With Google earth verification later.

One must always remember though that google earth is not a "as the crow flys" ranging tool, it sticks to the land contour.

For the range you give

9'walls = 108" = 3 yrds

3x1000 = 3000/ visual size in mils = 1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That will be my next purchase. </div></div>

I beenw anting to try one of these myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splatroll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. We should have some objects up like this to approximate the range of the target out of these spotters - just for fun. It would give those new to this type of optic some reference on how to properly "read" the mil-dot reticle. If the window to the upper left of dead center in the above picture is the "target" and is figured to be 48" tall, it could be measured at .08 mills, correct?

I like this spotter from Bushy as well.. </div></div>

I keep trying to measure against they hay bails and I'm getting a hundred or so yards more - Doesn't Google earth measure distance without any regard to elevation? Could it be that with the elevation that you're at, you're getting about another 100yds worth of distance? I'm a newb to slope/doping, but I'd love to know the elevation of you and the house just to check my own math
    laugh.gif

Oh and that's a kick-ass deal for $400.

Very cool to share this one. Thank you! I have viewed the Bushnell without the reticle and was floored at the glass for that price. I am trying to use more $ for a LRF - Leica 1200, Zeiss or Swaro, and although I hate to try to "save money" on spotter glass- because I have always felt I got what I paid for - these pics answer a few questions. Thanks again.

Wait, is that my house? What are doing in my front yard? No, wait a minute, that's not my house. 2 too many carports.

I have one of these its a great scope but PLEASE do not ever drop it from just a few inches of the ground, My tripod fell over and and the scope is toast.

The glass is still ok but the milldot ret spins with the zoom ring, I tried calling to talk to someone about getting it fixed but it seems like I just have to send it in and pray they can fix it.

I would have thought a field scope would be able to handle a few bumps and dings. I am not happy.

wish we had all that land around here to shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is for anyone interested in the Bushnell Excusrion FFP 15-45x Spotter.

45x magnification
    2,750 meters / 3,007 yards (checked on google earth)
    24 degrees celcius / 75.2 farenheit
    1-2 meters per second wind from 11. Heat mirage visible.

For $400 it's a good spotter, happy with mine. </div></div>WOW!!!!!

Great Pic!!!!

Is that a Leupold cover or does the Bushnell come with one as well?

hey mate, its the bushnell one that comes with the scope. about 3mm neoprene foam. i tried spray painting it like i did with the tripod but it just soaks it in... no biggy.

the cover protects the rear eyepiece lens when closed (zippered) while the front has the velcro down flap AND a plastic lens cover.

To echo what 96C and others have already posted, the Excursion FFP Mil-dot is a great value with good glass and an accurate reticle. I have bumped mine around and not had an issue with it breaking but I could just be one bump away from "oh shit" but so far it has held up well. I talked with the folks at Bushnell awhile back on another matter and they were very helpful and seemed eager to help out, so I would send the scope back and see what they could do to help you, I am sure they will make it right. The cover works well I would like to make a few improvements to include different colors and will have to work on that. Thanks 96C for the pictures. I believe there is a thread in the feildcraft or training that has an ongoing mil dot ranging exercise via pictures. I will see if I can't find it later and post a link here.