• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Legend T Series 15-45x60 FFP

@TacticalDillhole - where is yours made?

Personally, I'm cool with Japan, just not China

I think bushnells Elite line is Japan?

i think this is a good balance between usability and budget from users statements.

not having one, sounds like you suggestions are all good ones.

@TacticalDillhole - where is yours made?

Personally, I'm cool with Japan, just not China

I think bushnells Elite line is Japan?

i think this is a good balance between usability and budget from users statements.

not having one, sounds like you suggestions are all good ones.
I want everything made in America. That part was really just a wish. It’s not realistic if we want it at the given price point. And yes, anywhere but China

Reactions: powdahound76
So kicking this back up. How are people still feeling about these. I want to pick up a spotter mostly for the occasional match, calling corrections, and the like. Given how frequently I shoot this one seems to be in the budget.
I received one as birthday present from my wife and kids last month. It had been on my Amazon wish list for over a year but was not a priority. The criteria you gave of "occasional match, calling corrections, and the like" was mine as well. So far I've used it in 2 matches and for spotting 22LR at 300 yards on paper at my club range. I'm not snobbish regarding glass (can't afford it) primarily use Sig3000BDX binos/LRF for spotting and scanning. I had debated the Athlon at double the price but for now this fits the bill nicely for a reticled spotter.

Question for those who have one or have used one:

What would you change about these if you could?
I think its awesome that you are looking for feedback to improve the product.

For me, I think the build quality needs to improve, even if that results in a higher price. I bought one of these a couple years ago and ended up getting a pair in binoculars shortly after, so I didn't use mine for very long. I still hung onto it since having a spotter with a reticle comes in handy for certain purposes and I kept it in a hard case in a climate controlled room for most of its life seeing very infrequent use. I went to use it a couple months ago and found that the magnification ring had come apart from the internal components while sitting in the case. I've had a few people mention similar issues as well including a buddy of mine who bought his at the same time I got mine.

I understand that you get what you pay for, but given the low amount of budget spotters on the market with a reticle, I'd say there is room to improve on the build quality and probably still be one of the cheapest options on the market. Budget glass is one thing, but its important that it works when you go to use it.

I will say however that the customer service I received was great and mine was replaced with a brand new unit which I ended up selling.

So kicking this back up. How are people still feeling about these. I want to pick up a spotter mostly for the occasional match, calling corrections, and the like. Given how frequently I shoot this one seems to be in the budget.
I really like mine.
It’s certainly not alpha glass or quality but it’s been really useful and I like the reticle.
For the price it’s a good unit.

Build quality is it’s only short coming I’ve seen.
the rubber on the magnification ring started slipping so I fixed it with some goop.
The reticle focus also has a tendency to move on its own and a rubber band adds some friction to keep it in place.
I’d be pissed but it’s been a handy spotter with a fairly cheap price so I don’t poo poo on it.

This is a good spotting scope. I think it is as good or better than what most hide members own and use.

I've had mine for a little over a year. I shoot PRS competitions very often. The scope is good for the price point, but my main complaint is glass quality. I can't see trace as easily as more expensive glass when spotting but I don't have an issue seeing impacts. The zoom range is great! 15x is what I use most of the time and it's the perfect balance for spotting impacts on steel anywhere from 200 to 1000 yards. 45x is good for seeing holes in paper, but the clarity at the higher end isn't great. The reticle is very usable without cluttering up your sight picture and I like it a lot.

Overall, it's a very good value considering the price point. It'll work well for what you need it to especially if you're only using it occasionally, but if you start using it in comparison to more expensive optics you may start to want better.

I may be spoiled since a good 40%+ of the glass at the matches is Swarovski and a majority of the remainder is higher end Vortex, Sig, and Leica.

So the discussion above brings a different point. Would I be gaining much going form the legend t to the LMSS other than the reticle options?

In my brief experience with one, you get a more inclusive zoom range (goes down to 8 and up to 40) and much better glass.

Agreed. The LMSS2 does come with a single picatinny rail, and last I heard Bushnell does plan to sell more as an addon at some point - or you can buy the Badger kit. Overall build quality on the LMSS2 is definitely better than the Legend T, but for the price difference that should be obvious. The inclusion of a throw lever on the LMSS2 was a nice touch, IMO.

Improve the glass & focus rings. The highest power is ok for short range but I find 20-32x better for longer range because it has better contrast, brightness, & color. Better glass & coatings would help a lot for higher power. Definitely fix the focus because I have to really work to get a crisp image. Maybe offer some different reticle choices. For the money I like this spotter

I do not own one, but used one in a work situation last year.

It’s a good enough spotter, especially given the price point. I feel the slight issue with the rubber piece is nothing more than annoyance. I have a Vortex Diamondback that has the same slipping rubber sleeve issue. Really, I’d say the glass is what kept me from buying. I truly wanted to, but I have a MK4 so it’s kinda tough to give the better glass. The reticle is fine for what I do.

Now, one reason I wanted this spotter is because like anything personally owned that goes into the cruiser, is on my dime if it gets broken. It’s a lot cheaper to replace the T-Series than the MK4. Keep in mind it’s not because I think I’ll break either of them from regular use, but car accidents, etc happen.

Better glass at this rough price point and I’d put one in the cruiser.

I'll echo what LAW-DOG said. With more emphasis on the focus ring. I find myself backing it off to around 30x at 1k. A fine focus adjustment would be great. And a hole for attaching a lanyard to the rear cap.

Reactions: Changed
I'll agree with the cover. Factory isn't that good. Even with that I'll keep the caps. I put a clear butler creek flip up on the back for now.

Must Have -
  1. Better Quality Control
    1. I purchased three units and returned them all due to quality issues. On two the focus would not stay on my adjustment (I presume it is related to over pressure during purging).
  2. Better Glass
  3. Made in Japan at Least
  4. Fine Focus and Course Focus
  5. Lower the reticle to the bottom half to third of field of view. Change design to be two tenths in the center with Quick Ranging feature. Change reticle to "T" design with one tenth ranging stadia on the outer edges of the reticle.
  6. Send one to me to review/test.😬
Nice to Have -
  1. Better Lens Cover
  2. FDE Padded Cover
  3. Ability to manually adjust co-witness of LRF

How does the glass compare to meopta 15 x Binos? Been thinking about buying a cheaper spotting scope to see the finer details at longer ranges. Would these have much advantage over the meopta binos?

In my brief experience with one, you get a more inclusive zoom range (goes down to 8 and up to 40) and much better glass.

There may be some variance between units, like anything else. I was not particularly impressed with the only LMSS I used. Not a lot of difference in image between the Legend T and LMSS although the LMSS was easier to focus and seemed to have better depth of field. H32 was nice as well.

Mine developed an issue, sent it in, got a new one in return.
It’s a fairly decent spotter for the price. Especially with the MRAD reticle.
If I could find a pair of binos with a. Good MRAD ret I’d probably swap out.

Im pretty happy with mine, had it for a few months now. The focus does take a little getting used to how it works. The protective caps are a nice addition, but easily fall off. I regularly use mine for fun and its great. I didn't want to spend $2K on a spotting scope because to me, I can buy another rifle :) I dont know why some people are complaining about this optic and comparing it to much more expensive optics. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda...NOT apples to apples due to the much different price points. All the improvements some guys want will just drive up the price, why not move up to a higher performing optic?

The "wish list" i'm reading about make this better, improve this, etc....why not step up to the Bushnell Elite Tactical 8-40x spotting scope? I know, we all want our cake and to eat it also!!

Last edited:
Im pretty happy with mine, had it for a few months now. The focus does take a little getting used to how it works. The protective caps are a nice addition, but easily fall off. I regularly use mine for fun and its great. I didn't want to spend $2K on a spotting scope because to me, I can buy another rifle :) I dont know why some people are complaining about this optic and comparing it to much more expensive optics. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda...NOT apples to apples due to the much different price points. All the improvements some guys want will just drive up the price, why not move up to a higher performing optic?

The "wish list" i'm reading about make this better, improve this, etc....why not step up to the Bushnell Elite Tactical 8-40x spotting scope? I know, we all want our cake and to eat it also!!
I don’t think too many people are complaining about this spotter. I think most on here think it’s a really good spotter for the $$. Bushnell asked for some ideas on what could be improved so that’s why you are seeing ideas on what to improve. The focus ring could be improved without jacking up the price much. The optical quality could probably be improved a little without too much $$ also. With a slight improvement on the focus & optical quality this could be one of the most popular spotters. I’m not sure the lmss 8-40x would be a big jump since it uses the same glass & coatings but I’m guessing the build quality is much better. Bushnell now has on their site the lmss2 which uses the XRS2 glass & coatings, also the choice of the tremor 4 or h322 reticle. If I were going to upgrade & pay more $$ I think I would consider this new bushnell lmss2 8-40x60, Nikon monarch ED with 30x mrad, or maybe a leupold golden ring hd

Anyone have a problem with the focus ring retracting on its own? Mine does set it and you can watch it move by it’s self retracts counter clockwise

Ran into a problem with mine at a NRL22 match this weekend. I'm not sure how it happened, but noticed the magnification arrow was 180 degrees from the indicator numbers. The magnification was very slow to respond as you turned, like it slipped internally and there was no positive stop in either direction. I have it packaged up and sending it back on warranty today.
I really like this spotter, especially for matches when ROing and helping new shooters out with calls the reticle is great.

Ran into a problem with mine at a NRL22 match this weekend. I'm not sure how it happened, but noticed the magnification arrow was 180 degrees from the indicator numbers. The magnification was very slow to respond as you turned, like it slipped internally and there was no positive stop in either direction. I have it packaged up and sending it back on warranty today.
I really like this spotter, especially for matches when ROing and helping new shooters out with calls the reticle is great.

Before you ship it, make sure the outer rubber ring didn't come unglued from the actual mechanism.

Reactions: Changed
Anyone have a problem with the focus ring retracting on its own? Mine does set it and you can watch it move by it’s self retracts counter clockwise

I really wanted to like this unit.

I purchased one, and went on to exchange it. I did that three times and finally gave up. On two units the the focus retracted on it's own. On one there was an unacceptable amount of trash in the spotter. Maybe this could be called "overspray" from blackening the reticle in the scope.

So, I gave it three tries, and could not get an error free unit. I'd call that a sign.

I went on to purchase a Vortex Razor spotter. I just assumed that anything less that five hundred dollars could not be trusted.

I just got this spotter . I am having the same issue, the reticle focus is moving on its own like it's spring loaded. It will not stay where I adjust it too. Anyone find a fix for this?

I know this is really old but maybe yall are still looking at this. If my Legend T had 60x power I don't think I'd ever want to upgrade. I really like it because it's not huge and built tough. It works great for anything out to 500-700. Past that I really need more mag to see the actual rounds but I can see hits on white steel with it a little further. It works great out to 500.