• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Legend T Series 15-45x60 FFP

One thing that I wondered about was the box says Ed prime. So the new xrs2 & dmr2 pro use Ed prime but with different coatings. I wonder if there are different grades of Ed prime or the coating that makes the difference in the xrs2 because it is way nicer image. It’s hard to imagine the coating making it that much better because the xrs2 is very good

I just received mine. It has micro dots aloo g the stadia. I’m receiving a replacement. About ready to move up a notch.

With the new rebate, this spotter is impossible to beat. I have higher end optics but not with the mil reticle. All in all, it can get the job done.
It's a very good value even without the rebate.
I can spot .22 cal shoot-n-c bullet holes, not steel hits which are easier to spot, at 500yds.
Spotting all the way to 1000yds on good steel is nothing for this spotting scope.

I tested yesterday, and I could easily see hits on steel at 800 yds. I was happy with the clarity of the glass, but not the artifacts left on the reticle.

A quick pic on 4in and 10in steel at 300yds. This isn't the best since I didn't use a phone skope but you get the idea. It's pretty good.
20190205_122705.jpg

Had a couple of these eat shit in the field. Moved up the the Bushnell Elite that's Japanese made, and the Leupold MKIV.

I had high hopes for the Legend, and as long as it lasts its great.

Had a couple of these eat shit in the field. Moved up the the Bushnell Elite that's Japanese made, and the Leupold MKIV.

I had high hopes for the Legend, and as long as it lasts its great.
I went through 2 of them, now the one I have is really good. I ordered another one just to have a back up & I shoot with friends & family so this gives eyes to another spotter. We also have the kowa 88mm so we would have a good reliable spotter. They do break down but bushnell got me new ones in 2 weeks or less, so for the price I’m content

Reactions: Vamike9
I went through 2 of them, now the one I have is really good. I ordered another one just to have a back up & I shoot with friends & family so this gives eyes to another spotter. We also have the kowa 88mm so we would have a good reliable spotter. They do break down but bushnell got me new ones in 2 weeks or less, so for the price I’m content
I may have missed it, but just curious of what was wrong with those 2?
So far mine is great, so anything to look out for?

I may have missed it, but just curious of what was wrong with those 2?
So far mine is great, so anything to look out for?
The main focus went out on the first one & the second wouldn’t focus well at all the reticle focus was built incorrectly, you could turn it far right & barely past the center left. The main focus is just glued on so I probably could have just reglued the main focus which seems to be a common problem with them coming loose. The one I have now is seems better than the other 2 I had in getting a nice clear view. My cousin bought his right when they came out & he uses his almost every day & no problems & he got a good one too with a little less edge distortion than mine.

The main focus went out on the first one & the second wouldn’t focus well at all the reticle focus was built incorrectly, you could turn it far right & barely past the center left. The main focus is just glued on so I probably could have just reglued the main focus which seems to be a common problem with them coming loose. The one I have now is seems better than the other 2 I had in getting a nice clear view. My cousin bought his right when they came out & he uses his almost every day & no problems & he got a good one too with a little less edge distortion than mine.
Yeah mine appears to be a good one as well, but thanks for that info.

I was shooting the other day in the mountains with my son ( actually coyote hunting).
We had our ar's. No luck so we were setting there having lunch and I said set up your spotter cause I want to shoot.
I pick out a small rock and range it. 954 yds. Get my dope and send one. He couldn't see the splash. I was way off!

Finally he seen a splash and tried to give me corrections. He was using his Vortex Razor15-45x65.
I told him to set up my Legend and give me solid corrections. 3 shots and we were on.
We then started to compare scopes.
It was a beautiful day with good sun light and very little mirage.
We both agreed there was practically NO difference between the two except mine had the reticle.
Under different conditions ( low light, haze, etc. The Vortex would have probably held the edge but not that day.

I was shooting the other day in the mountains with my son ( actually coyote hunting).
We had our ar's. No luck so we were setting there having lunch and I said set up your spotter cause I want to shoot.
I pick out a small rock and range it. 954 yds. Get my dope and send one. He couldn't see the splash. I was way off!

Finally he seen a splash and tried to give me corrections. He was using his Vortex Razor15-45x65.
I told him to set up my Legend and give me solid corrections. 3 shots and we were on.
We then started to compare scopes.
It was a beautiful day with good sun light and very little mirage.
We both agreed there was practically NO difference between the two except mine had the reticle.
Under different conditions ( low light, haze, etc. The Vortex would have probably held the edge but not that day.
I have the Bushnell and love it, but my new Vortex Viper HD 15-45 is definitely better in terms of clarity.
If the Viper had a reticle then my Bushnell would be collecting dust.
Though my Bushnell stays with me because of the reticle mainly.

Mine had the reticle pop out and go on vacation inside and the second one lost its sealing integrity while moving the focus. You can tell when it does that because there will frequently be clear lube dots on the inside lenses.

I will say the leupold mk4 spotter was a bit better in clarity

Mine had the reticle pop out and go on vacation inside and the second one lost its sealing integrity while moving the focus. You can tell when it does that because there will frequently be clear lube dots on the inside lenses.

I will say the leupold mk4 spotter was a bit better in clarity
The golden ring hd is even better than the mk4. If I was thinking about upgrading, I would pass on the mk4 & go with golden ring hd, the hd glass is very good & has a more noticeable difference vs the bushnell

Last edited:
A $400 optic is NOT going to compete with a $800 and up optic. It is just not going to happen. I looked through a Vortex Razor spotter and loved it glass. I do not shoot PRS or any other competitions. I shoot paper, steel, and rocks. I do not need a V Razor, or MK4. Can I afford a V Razor, sure. But for me, I have a Konus 20-60x100 that gets used a couple times a year. Spending $800 and over is a waste to me when the one I have does not get much use.

I hope to use the Bushnell as a tool for my shooting buddy and myself. Almost sold him the Konus for $50, or breakfast.

Decided to resurrect this thread. From what I am seeing it looks like they started great, QC took a dump, then they are back to being ok as of the latest posts. Overall what is the consensus, good value or chill a little longer and get a LMSS?

Decided to resurrect this thread. From what I am seeing it looks like they started great, QC took a dump, then they are back to being ok as of the latest posts. Overall what is the consensus, good value or chill a little longer and get a LMSS?

I've found mine to be decent, been using it for a bit over a year, I think. It doesn't pick up trace as readily as say a Mk4. Just the other day the threaded insert (where you attach an arca plate) stripped out so it's going back for warranty. I've got an LMSS coming in on loan to review so I'll be comparing the 2 side by side.

I've found mine to be decent, been using it for a bit over a year, I think. It doesn't pick up trace as readily as say a Mk4. Just the other day the threaded insert (where you attach an arca plate) stripped out so it's going back for warranty. I've got an LMSS coming in on loan to review so I'll be comparing the 2 side by side.
Ability to pick up trace and mirage are my key requirements along with some sort of a reticle. I've also been looking at the Razor line with the eyepiece but have never been behind one. Let me know what you think of the LMSS.

I've been fairly happy with mine, especially for the price, but if you're looking to pick up trace and general spotting use (and can live without a reticle), I'd suggest a set of Forge binos. I use the hell out of my Forge binos, and my spotter really only comes out now for recording via PhoneSkope.

Reactions: elmuzzlebreak
These cheap spotters are great for the $$. If you want a step up check out the golden ring hd spotter & have reticle installed. The swaro str or hendsoldt are the best but they cost big too. Like 6mm I also use binos too, the meopta 15x56, they are awesome, almost as good as the swaros at half the cost. I wish meopta would make some reticle version of the 15x56 binos.

I've been fairly happy with mine, especially for the price, but if you're looking to pick up trace and general spotting use (and can live without a reticle), I'd suggest a set of Forge binos. I use the hell out of my Forge binos, and my spotter really only comes out now for recording via PhoneSkope.
I’ve been wanting to check those forge binos out. Have you compared the forge binos to any other 15x56. I would put #1 sawro #2 meopta #3 zeiss/maven/leupold tie. Another good one for the $$ is the nikon 20x56, you can get grey market bins for $450-550 for the 16x56 or 20x56.

I’ve been wanting to check those forge binos out. Have you compared the forge binos to any other 15x56. I would put #1 sawro #2 meopta #3 zeiss/maven/leupold tie. Another good one for the $$ is the nikon 20x56, you can get grey market bins for $450-550 for the 16x56 or 20x56.

The only other binos I have any significant time behind are the Swaro SLCs (and maybe a set of ELs along the way). Personally, I can't see any way to justify the price of the SLCs compared to the Forge for match use and general shooting. I haven't had a chance to compare them in low light conditions yet, but a friend did (he owns both), and he actually thought the Forges performed better than the SLCs.

The only other binos I have any significant time behind are the Swaro SLCs (and maybe a set of ELs along the way). Personally, I can't see any way to justify the price of the SLCs compared to the Forge for match use and general shooting. I haven't had a chance to compare them in low light conditions yet, but a friend did (he owns both), and he actually thought the Forges performed better than the SLCs.
Are you talking about the old slc or the new hd slc because the new ones are a big step up & are close to my 10x50 el sv in performance. At the forge price I would be surprised if they were as good as the ziess hd or leupolds but the swaro & meopta are quite a bit better than the others.

Are you talking about the old slc or the new hd slc because the new ones are a big step up & are close to my 10x50 el sv in performance. At the forge price I would be surprised if they were as good as the ziess hd or leupolds but the swaro & meopta are quite a bit better than the others.

Honestly, I don't know for sure. Some were owned by Altus, and some were provided by Swaro for RO duties at matches. Come the fall classic, I can lay my hands on some SLCs and figure out which they are, and do some side by side comparisons with my Forge binos. I'll be ROing it again this year instead of shooting.

I would love to get a swaro spotter but it is outside of my budget for a while. Must haves are a reticle, ability to see mirage, and ability to see trace. Would not mind binos but haven't found any with a reticle.

Steiner has the m2080r & m1050r. Newcon has the 20x80 m22. Vortex ranger hd rt 10x50. Leupold has the bx Tactical 10x42. From these reticle bino choices I would go with the m1050r or the m2080r. I’m hoping bushnell comes out with a reticle 15x56

Just picked one up on Amazon sale day for a tic under $400 shipped. Initial optimism gone, guess I got one of those that never was QC’d, as in spite of working all the possible adjustments, won’t focus clearly above 20x, even at 600 yds. Going to talk to Bushnell customer service Monday, but it’s going back.

Just picked one up on Amazon sale day for a tic under $400 shipped. Initial optimism gone, guess I got one of those that never was QC’d, as in spite of working all the possible adjustments, won’t focus clearly above 20x, even at 600 yds. Going to talk to Bushnell customer service Monday, but it’s going back.
I think I'm going to hold off in that case. I just dealt with poor QC from a scope company and don't want to deal with that nonsense again.

I think I'm going to hold off in that case. I just dealt with poor QC from a scope company and don't want to deal with that nonsense again.
I’ve never had an issue with mine. Been 2 or 3 years now. It’s a good scope for the money but it’s basically relegated to recording now. I use my buddies swaro now until I buy my own swaro.

@TacticalDillhole I may be reading things in the above posts wrong but it seems like they started off great, went through a run of bad QC, and now there's a mix of bad and good ones out there so it's luck of the draw which you get. I'd almost prefer just saving more and going for a LMSS.

@TacticalDillhole I may be reading things in the above posts wrong but it seems like they started off great, went through a run of bad QC, and now there's a mix of bad and good ones out there so it's luck of the draw which you get. I'd almost prefer just saving more and going for a LMSS.
Basically sums up anything made in China ?

As for the LMSS, it’s a nice scope but I’d rather just save up for a Mark IV for only 2-300 more

Bushnell is blowing out LMSS now for $850 with a carry case and Silk tripod, fwiw. So more like $600 less than a Mk4.

Basically sums up anything made in China ?

As for the LMSS, it’s a nice scope but I’d rather just save up for a Mark IV for only 2-300 more
I agree but would take the leupold golden ring hd over the mk4 because of the better glass.

I had some problems with mine but they sent me another one very quickly. Now I have 2 good ones & another person to spot with the 2nd one. It’s nice to have some cheaper optics along side my expensive ones that I’m not worried about getting messed up. For the $$ they are worth the risk because bushnell will get you another one quickly if there’s a problem

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Bushnell is blowing out LMSS now for $850 with a carry case and Silk tripod, fwiw. So more like $600 less than a Mk4.

Direct from Bushnell, or somewhere else? Edit: Google is my friend. Direct from Bushnell it is.

I hope they aren’t being phased out.

The LMSS2 should be shipping this fall/winter last I heard. They added a throw lever to the magnification, updated (H322 and Tremor 4) reticles, and there was talk of shipping them with 1 picatinny rail and having extras available as accessories.

Quick update. Got hold of Bushnell Customer Service today and have a return shipping label coming. They are responsive. Have to say too, though disappointed with product QC right out of the box, they’ll make it right. Have 8 Bushnell scopes that are used regularly, and a big fan of the DMR 2 Pro, LRHS/LRTS formats. Just have to suck up the wait, and not notably patient by nature.

Reactions: elmuzzlebreak
So kicking this back up. How are people still feeling about these. I want to pick up a spotter mostly for the occasional match, calling corrections, and the like. Given how frequently I shoot this one seems to be in the budget.

So kicking this back up. How are people still feeling about these. I want to pick up a spotter mostly for the occasional match, calling corrections, and the like. Given how frequently I shoot this one seems to be in the budget.
I still have mine, doesn’t get a ton of use but it’s a good choice for the money.