• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Legend Ultra-HD 10x Monocular reticle view

Maelstrom

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2007
Southern Maryland
I am looking for a picture of the reticle in the tan Bushnell Legend Ultra-HD 10x Monocular. I have not been able to locate any pictures of the reticle. I see it listed on several websites as having a mil hash mark reticle but even Bushnell does not show a picture of it. I am debating whether I want to go with the black version without the reticle or the tan version with it. If anyone has one and can post a picture of the reticle I would appreciate it.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-legend-ultra-hd-10x42mm-monocular.html
http://www.shopbushnell.com/products/scopes/spotting/legendultra_hd

Last edited:
Now to place an order and then find flip up caps if possible. Anyone recommend a good case for transport that will help protect the lenses?

Also I see in the pics what looks like a small rail on the bottom. Is that built in or is it removable? If it is removable does it come with the monocular or do you have to purchase the rail separately. Does it still have a threaded attachment for using on a standard tripod? If it has the threaded attachment this will see some significant time mounted to a window mount in my truck while glassing for critters as well as at work some.

I just got one today, the rail on the bottom comes with the monocular and is removable with two small slotted screws. The rail is also tapped 1/4-20 for attaching to a tripod directly. The monocular also comes with a flip open front cover and a slip over ocular cover that's tethered in place, although I may replace the tether with some 550 cord. The monocular also comes with a pretty nice padded case that looks like it has room for the monocular and some other gear in it, a tripod mount maybe or a cleaning kit. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next couple of days.

FYI, this is it..

249053_10151666173372953_1593666096_n.jpg

from https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...077952.-2207520000.1375674340.&type=3&theater

I wasnt sure about buying this because of its size and the fact I had already bought My Leupold Mark 4 10x50s but I think it is a very useful piece of kit,

John

Has anyone had a chance to compare this to a vortex Solo Tactical R/T 8x36? I was looking at getting the Vortex, but then I came across this.....

I don't have anything to compare to but these are awesome! Used mine to spot hits/misses on dessert rock walls out to 700 yds (haven't been able to shoot further just yet) and they work beautifully!
Glass is a little hard to focus edge-to-edge and still maintain reticle focus at some distances, but that is just the peripheral region. Even that is probably possible with very small movements of the focus knob, but we didn't have all day.
I highly recommend a good tripod to put the reticle to use at long range.

I agree for the price it's a great little monocular for short/mid-range spotting and scouting needs. I used it at a match last month and was spotting trace pretty easily with the guys using .284's or .300WM's but the guys shooting .308's were a little more difficult, I had to be directly behind them. Like Supergyro said I've found my monocular to work great out to about 700-800 yards but past that the limitations of the glass begin to show through, you can still see targets swinging and maybe splash if the ground is dry and dusty. For about $200 this optic is hard to beat for the features.

I agree for the price it's a great little monocular for short/mid-range spotting and scouting needs. I used it at a match last month and was spotting trace pretty easily with the guys using .284's or .300WM's but the guys shooting .308's were a little more difficult, I had to be directly behind them. Like Supergyro said I've found my monocular to work great out to about 700-800 yards but past that the limitations of the glass begin to show through, you can still see targets swinging and maybe splash if the ground is dry and dusty. For about $200 this optic is hard to beat for the features.

I think you're right about the limitations of the glass. But for my purposes (glassing for coyotes, spotting hits/misses under 800) it seems to work great.
Also, I was able to watch the trace of a 308 when I used it, but conditions were pretty favorable and I was just behind the shooter's left shoulder.

I had the chance to compare one today against my Opticron DBA 8x42 which I use when stalking . I found the glass every bit as good as the DBA's which I rate highly . Things that stud out were the difference in depth of field which I guessing was just down to the 2x difference but I found myself continually re-focusing when I just wanted to point and view . The picture of the reticle in Ring's thread seems very fine but I found it to appear a lot thicker than the picture suggests and anyone using the reticle occasionally may find as I did that it would get in the way .