• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes bushnell lrts 4.5-18x44 experience?

I missed that Bushnell open box sale. Darn!
But Optics Planet sold me my LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 for $958.40 so I'm happy with that price, considering it had an MSRP of $1,499.99.

Re. the SWFA scopes - I have a SWFA SS 3 - 15 x 42 on my current 6.5 CM Browning X-Bolt Pro and it is pretty good for a $600. scope (on a once a year sale). But no locking or zero lock turrets kinda turns me off. I know the Bushnell LRTS will be better.

BTW, What is the difference between the earlier LRHS and the current LRTS scopes?

Eric B.

I have the 4.5-18 LRTSi. I have used one as Allegheny Sniper Challenge dialing up, down and it has taken a beating in the pack and on the farm.
For its price, I'm content.

BTW, What is the difference between the earlier LRHS and the current LRTS scopes?
The LRHS has a capped windage turret.
LRHS has the gH2 reticle reticle with the 2mil circle of doom for easy viewing at low power.

The LRTS has an exposed locking windage turret and a magnification lever.
The LRTS has a g3 reticle. Its missing the big circle and has a 1.25 mover dash on the horizontal axis.

In both of them the illuminated model has a cross hair that maintains the full thickness for the entire reticle.
The non illuminated has a center section where the reticle goes to half the thickness for a finer center aim point (you can kind of tell that in the g3 image).

Last edited:
Not sure if there are any LRHS with 100 spline turrets and covers like the LRTS. With the LRHS you may end up .1 off when zeroing the turret cover because there are less splines than possible positions. The LRTS also has a built in cat tail.

Happy to see so many others loving their LRHS.

I’ve kept waiting for someone - SS, NForce, etc - to release a scope that competes on the same field in terms of glass, weight, price, and features. So far, I haven’t seen it. Especially when the 2-12 (my fav model) can be had for $700ish in classifieds.

Reactions: Snook300
Not sure if there are any LRHS with 100 spline turrets and covers like the LRTS. With the LRHS you may end up .1 off when zeroing the turret cover because there are less splines than possible positions. The LRTS also has a built in cat tail.

I believe if you complain about that to Bushy they will swap out for 100 spline ones, although at this point they may just give you a new scope. I have heard this is in the US, I tried in Canada and they were unaware... or just had no interest in servicing the scope.

I believe if you complain about that to Bushy they will swap out for 100 spline ones, although at this point they may just give you a new scope. I have heard this is in the US, I tried in Canada and they were unaware... or just had no interest in servicing the scope.

I have read that before, but it has never bothered me enough to send one in. I managed to bend the turret on one of my 3-12s, bushnell replaced the scope. The one 3-12 I still have is one got when they rolled them out. Its been fantastic IMO. I got an LRTS last year, and I like it a little better. I thought I would like the capped windage, I prefer uncapped locking windage. I like the non-illum G3, the illuminated is too thick in the middle. Just nit picky stuff. I am aptly satisfied with either. LOL

Reactions: adamjma
Just bought the LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 for my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro mountain rifle and it has the same very good quality of glass and turrets as my ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 (H59 reticle) competition scope.
The illuminated G3 reticle is very good and the little Xmas tree is great for holding windage instead of dialing.

Tall taret ladder test shows the vertical turret works perfectly vertically. 100 yard test shows 0.1 mil clicks are exact on both turrets.

** Bushnell, put put a few more objective lenses in and SHORTEN this scope from 14+" to 12". PLEASE.

Still looking at Nightforce NX8 and ATACR equivalent magnification range 12" scopes. Might get one and sell the Bushnell - or not.

Eric B.

Just bought the LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 for my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro mountain rifle and it has the same very good quality of glass and turrets as my ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 (H59 reticle) competition scope.
The illuminated G3 reticle is very good and the little Xmas tree is great for holding windage instead of dialing.

Tall taret ladder test shows the vertical turret works perfectly vertically. 100 yard test shows 0.1 mil clicks are exact on both turrets.

** Bushnell, put put a few more objective lenses in and SHORTEN this scope from 14+" to 12". PLEASE.

Still looking at Nightforce NX8 and ATACR equivalent magnification range 12" scopes. Might get one and sell the Bushnell - or not.

Eric B.
Just sell the Bushnell to me at the going rate in the exchange today and try again. Hurry as there is no time to waste!

I have pretty much settled down with Bushnell LRTSI and SWFA 5-20. These two are my go to scopes.

I just got an open box 3-12 from cameraland. So far couldn't be happier. I haven't done a tall target test but seems to track good. Clicks and reticle match up and it returns to zero. G3 is probably my new favorite reticle for hunting. And glass is good.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Been very happy with mine. replaced a 25 yr old M1 -10x Leopold Mark 4.
Glass (to me) is clear
tracking (100 yd box test) was spot on.
Love the lower profile turrets and the clicks.
Love the G3 reticle

I agree Harv, the G3 "small Xmas tree" reticle is great for long range hunting. Not as cluttered as the H59 reticle in my competition ERS 3.5 - 21 x 50 scope so a bit faster to use. Mine is illuminated and that is great for "finding" the reticle at the lowest 4.5 X setting with the FFP reticle.