• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell LRTS need help

ssdrew

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2014
Mena, AR
So I decided to upgrade my optic on my 6.5G for the upcoming Christmas hunt. I ordered the Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18 and it just showed up. I unboxed it and started messing with it like anyone would. Started feeling the turrents and noticed the windage turrent feels frozen. I cant get it to budge, and I have applied a moderate amount of force, but didnt want to go too far and break something. Its almost like its a locking turrent like my XRS but it doesnt pull out to unlock. I first tried calling Bushnells CS to inquire, but got a recording that everyone is out of the office from 12-5 today for a company event and to call back tomorrow. I figured I would post up on here and see if anyone can point out something I'm missing.

So I decided to upgrade my optic on my 6.5G for the upcoming Christmas hunt. I ordered the Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18 and it just showed up. I unboxed it and started messing with it like anyone would. Started feeling the turrents and noticed the windage turrent feels frozen. I cant get it to budge, and I have applied a moderate amount of force, but didnt want to go too far and break something. Its almost like its a locking turrent like my XRS but it doesnt pull out to unlock. I first tried calling Bushnells CS to inquire, but got a recording that everyone is out of the office from 12-5 today for a company event and to call back tomorrow. I figured I would post up on here and see if anyone can point out something I'm missing.

I believe the LRTS does have a locking windage turret, correct? My DMR2 was the same way when I got it. When unlocking the turret, there is a bit of suction (i.e. vacuum) resisting the unlocking motion. Try pushing the turret in (towards locked position) and giving it a very slight wiggle to loosen the vacuum, then proceeding to pull it out to unlock it. You will find that the locking turrets on the bushnell scopes is a bit of a nuisance, hence why they probably got away from locking elevation turrets.

I believe the LRTS does have a locking windage turret, correct? My DMR2 was the same way when I got it. When unlocking the turret, there is a bit of suction (i.e. vacuum) resisting the unlocking motion. Try pushing the turret in (towards locked position) and giving it a very slight wiggle to loosen the vacuum, then proceeding to pull it out to unlock it. You will find that the locking turrets on the bushnell scopes is a bit of a nuisance, hence why they probably got away from locking elevation turrets.

Wow, i feel like an idiot. In my defense, no where in the manual does it state its a locking turrent. It took some considerate force and wiggling, but it popped out. Thank you so much.

Itll loosen up a tad with use as well, I no longer have to secure the entire rifle to pull mine out like when it was new, pulling on it wont tump the whole thing over now after working with it a bit.

The one thing that pisses me off about the LRTS is that the parallax yardage markings are inverted, 75 is infinity and infinity is 50 yards.

Itll loosen up a tad with use as well, I no longer have to secure the entire rifle to pull mine out like when it was new, pulling on it wont tump the whole thing over now after working with it a bit.

The one thing that pisses me off about the LRTS is that the parallax yardage markings are inverted, 75 is infinity and infinity is 50 yards.

I pulled it out several times and started to loosen up a bit. I read that was an issue with the first ones, but thought they had fixed it on the recent ones. I guess I'll have to test mine out. My Badger mount should be here tomorrow so i can get it on the gun.

Call Bushnell. I read elsewhere they had a batch of scopes go out with the parralax knobs indexed incorrectly and they'll fix it quickly.

Mike

Call Bushnell. I read elsewhere they had a batch of scopes go out with the parralax knobs indexed incorrectly and they'll fix it quickly.

Mike

I have and last I heard from them it is what it is and Ive read that they'll only send a sticker but not even that was a possibility from my conversation. That was about 4 months ago though when they had the big rebate going on but the parallax inversion was an issue long before that.

I have and last I heard from them it is what it is and Ive read that they'll only send a sticker but not even that was a possibility from my conversation. That was about 4 months ago though when they had the big rebate going on but the parallax inversion was an issue long before that.

That's extremely unfortunate. Another forum I'm a member of had a post from 4-17-2017 saying the same issue happened with a members scope. They were given the option of the sticker, or a return label for repair/replacement. Said poster updated the thread on 5-06-17 saying they received a new scope from bushnell and service was A+ for everything. That's extremely unfortunate that your service experience was polar opposite of theirs. Good luck if you attempt to contact them again.

Mike