• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Bushnell Match Pro 15x56 binos with reticle.

Looks like FedEx dropped the ball. Mine won’t be here until tomorrow.

So... when is someone going to post a through-the-optic pic, even if it's just a crappy phone pic that's not lined up to the exit pupil perfectly?

Got mine today and had a chance to play in this blistering NC heat. Did a side by side with my trusty Leupold BX4 12x50, been using these about 2 years in prs matches. The Bushnell did really well, about the same optically. I'm in my fifties and wear glasses with an astigmatism and almost didn't have enough focus on the left barrel, but made it barely. The reticle is nice, focused well and is not obtrusive in field of view. I see the reticle being very useful in matches. Was really set on using my rrs cinch mount but I don't think it fits very well, feels sloppy with the size and weight. Overall, I'm very happy. I think if one is looking for binos for prs and you don't already have alpha binos these are a great choice.

Got mine today and had a chance to play in this blistering NC heat. Did a side by side with my trusty Leupold BX4 12x50, been using these about 2 years in prs matches. The Bushnell did really well, about the same optically. I'm in my fifties and wear glasses with an astigmatism and almost didn't have enough focus on the left barrel, but made it barely. The reticle is nice, focused well and is not obtrusive in field of view. I see the reticle being very useful in matches. Was really set on using my rrs cinch mount but I don't think it fits very well, feels sloppy with the size and weight. Overall, I'm very happy. I think if one is looking for binos for prs and you don't already have alpha binos these are a great choice.
Setup on them can be a bit tricky for sure. Almost like a cross between setting up a scope and a bino. https://www.bushnell.com/bu-blog-precision-shooting/matchproed15x56binocularsetup.html

I did a while ago on Reddit.

How accurately can you reasonably MIL with the reticle? Is 15x enought magnifaction to realistically call .2 or .5mil corrections?
Or is whole MIL more realistic?

Obviously I'm aware a normal scope at 15x you can make .2 corrections.
I'm wondering if being in bino for makes this harder or (more realistically) easier that a scope at 15x.

Come on it wasn't blistering today. That will be Friday and Saturday. LOL

Good to hear the binos are a good buy. I need a spotter for matches and looking forward to using them. Mine will be here tomorrow as they got hung up in Durham.

Come on it wasn't blistering today. That will be Friday and Saturday. LOL

Good to hear the binos are a good buy. I need a spotter for matches and looking forward to using them. Mine will be here tomorrow as they got hung up in Durham.
The 12x binos are great, but these 15x are really gone help these aging eyes, most are just too darn pricey. Really can't say enough good things about them. Look forward to your thoughts as well.

The 12x binos are great, but these 15x are really gone help these aging eyes, most are just too darn pricey. Really can't say enough good things about them. Look forward to your thoughts as well.

Don't have to tell me. My aging eyes need some help too. LOL I am in the same boat you are for eyes so if the binos look good to you I am expecting the same. After I get them tomorrow I will post.

How accurately can you reasonably MIL with the reticle? Is 15x enought magnifaction to realistically call .2 or .5mil corrections?
Or is whole MIL more realistic?

Obviously I'm aware a normal scope at 15x you can make .2 corrections.
I'm wondering if being in bino for makes this harder or (more realistically) easier that a scope at 15x.
I was able to easily measure to see that my bullet was being pushed .4 mil at 700 yds so .2 measurements is very realistic IMO.

Reactions: beetroot
FedEx delivered! I got home and popped it out and threw it on my tripod for some horrible through the scope pics as promised. Lol Reticle was pretty easy to focus and to get level. All in all I think I will be pretty happy with them. Will bring them next range trip and do some spotting.

B9AAB4DC-1D7C-4AAA-B816-AFC456979B19.jpeg

74D101F9-9C50-47FC-A505-12F53AB4344F.jpeg

Very curious about these myself. Wish I had seen these at SHOT. The reticle looks good and 15x is awesome. Currently using kilo 10k’s so not exactly Apple to Apple but aside from the horrid blue tint anyone have these 2 to compare?

Yeah the reticle is really nice. It's much easier to see in person looking through the binos. I wasn't sure what to expect from the pics of it on the site but I am happy. Glass looks pretty good too. It looks better than my old Furys. Will be interesting to see it at longer ranges.

I have a set of the 15x Forge and love them.

Now, if we can just get a range finder added with an actual user 2k (which probably means 4-6k best case scenario) range, then they would be one of the best optical tools out there.

Waiting...

@Rob01
Is the reticle in the lower 1/3 or centered in the image?
Looks to be in the lower 1/3.

The picture is a little misleading with my expert photography skills but it’s not that low. It is just below center so you can still spot without it in being in your view but it’s easy enough to use it if needed.

Best I could do. 1000 yards to the back.

Attachments

• KIMG0464~2.JPG
    KIMG0464~2.JPG
    689.1 KB · Views: 213
I bet it looks better in person.
Yeah, crappy picture. Ran these at the range yesterday and they are awesome. Clarity was great in heavy mirage. Could easily mil a 4x4 post at 1000 yards. My Leupold mk5 was horrible compared to these as far as image quality.

Reactions: ZY100 and Rob01
If you had to choose between these and the bx4 witch you pick if the reticle wasn't a factor? Can you spot hits out to 1200 yards with the bx4's?

Okay, just got back from the range with the Match Pros.

First, at little background, I’ve been using a Bushnell T series spotter since they came out, and carry a set of SWFA 12x binos. In March Oklahoma wind blew my tripod over and broke the spotter, so I’ve been using the SWFA binos exclusively since then. I’ve spotted with a bunch of different glass, recently Bushnell Forge, Vortex Fury, Swaro SLC 15x56. In fact a couple years ago I won a set of Swaros and traded them off because I missed having a reticle.

I got my replacement spotter last Thursday, ordered the Match Pros Friday and got them Tuesday. Today I went to the range with both brand new.

Now for the part everyone is kinda interested in…
1: I can spot 6mm holes in paper at 100yds and mil my corrections while zeroing.
2: I had no problem seeing trace.
3: I had no problem milling a t post at 500yds

I shoot a Razor G3, the match pro glass isn’t quite as good, but is close, my backup rifle is a G2 Razor and the glass is pretty close to my eyes. As said, these are Forge 15x with an added reticle, also exactly equal to my t series spotter on 15x.

Overall, these will do everything I need for PRS as a mid pack mafia member.

Last edited:
Reactions: giumau1
If you had to choose between these and the bx4 witch you pick if the reticle wasn't a factor? Can you spot hits out to 1200 yards with the bx4's?
For strictly prs matches or similar, the Bushnell all day. The BX4 12x50 are awesome, and they do really good in matches and you can see trace really well with them. Plus they are good for hunting as well. If it weren't for the reticle In the Bushnell I probably wouldn't have bought them, already having the BX4, but really glad I did. 12x binos are good for fov and acquiring targets, but I think they lack for actually spotting past about 800 yards. 1200 yards should be a breeze with the Bushnell. So yeah, for long range shooting the Bushnell's are a no brainer.

Reactions: louu
For strictly prs matches or similar, the Bushnell all day. The BX4 12x50 are awesome, and they do really good in matches and you can see trace really well with them. Plus they are good for hunting as well. If it weren't for the reticle In the Bushnell I probably wouldn't have bought them, already having the BX4, but really glad I did. 12x binos are good for fov and acquiring targets, but I think they lack for actually spotting past about 800 yards. 1200 yards should be a breeze with the Bushnell. So yeah, for long range shooting the Bushnell's are a no brainer.

Interesting you ask that today, my shooting partner has BX4s, today we agreed that the Bushnells are better.

ETA: for PRS
Thanks you guys! I'll rule out the Leupolds and move these to the top of the list.

Does anyone have a upc number for the Bushnell's?

Reactions: Force_Multiplier
Just ordered a set. I’ve been looking at binoculars for several weeks and been looking at Swaro’s, Leica, and Zeiss quite a bit but really didn’t want to spend that kind of money right now. These seem like a decent set of binoculars and with their military discount it just made my decision much easier. Hopefully they’ll be here within a couple of days.

Just ordered a set. I’ve been looking at binoculars for several weeks and been looking at Swaro’s, Leica, and Zeiss quite a bit but really didn’t want to spend that kind of money right now. These seem like a decent set of binoculars and with their military discount it just made my decision much easier. Hopefully they’ll be here within a couple of days.
I ordered mine direct on Friday and got them on Tuesday

Reactions: C130
Now put a LRF in it…pwiddy pwease
Y E S !!!!
@Team RCBS & Bushnell I know a bunch of shooters like myself that have been dying to have a 12-15x bino with a GOOD range finder. This means real life ranging to 2K or beyond (probably would need to be marketed as a 4-5k then right 😄). The laser needs tight beam divergence and needs to centered in the reticle. The reticle needs to be small or adjustable so we can range with precision. The tight beam and small reticle shouldn't be a problem since 15x binos will be used from a tripod 99% of the time and not freehand hunting like some 10x binos. It also needs a mil reticle, this could be a digital option that can be turned on/off, or a etched one lower in the FOV like the match pro. Bonus points if you include a ballistic solver and atmospheric sensors on board the binos, if this is asking too much then maybe a model with and without ballistics? Nothing exists like this on the market, and competitive shooters as well as LR hunters need this!! Charge what you want and take my money yesterday! 😄

- 15x
- 2K+ ranging ability
- tight beam
- small or adjustable aiming point
- mil reticle
- ballistic solver (I would survive without this but it would be sweet!)

Reactions: Niles Coyote
- 15x
- 2K+ ranging ability
- tight beam
- small or adjustable aiming point
- mil reticle
- ballistic solver (I would survive without this but it would be sweet!)
So, in case anyone is wondering, the closest thing we’ve got is the Leica Geovid R 15x56. I have the previous version, and I like it a lot. But I don’t have the needs some of you do.

It is:
  • 15x
  • Max stated range = 2000 yds (yes, I know, half it)
  • Very nice glass…some retailers will tell you otherwise
  • No weird color shifts
  • Rangefinder isn’t part of the optical system (it’s in the center bridge)
  • NO reticle (for me, any reticle would HAVE to be able to be turned off)
  • NO ballistic solver
  • 1200 yd max “equivalent horizontal distance” limitation, I guess due to some European law. Leica gets around this with their Pro lineup in part when you buy the AB upgrade. The 15x I’m pretty sure isn’t part of that, unfortunately.
  • Spec sheet attached

If you buy one, make sure you get the latest version; it has two round buttons on the RIGHT barrel. The prev version housed two buttons in a rectangular box on the LEFT barrel.

I like the “Leica look” which I think Zeiss binos have too. It’s not the flat field thing Swaro does, of which I don’t really like.

Attachments

• Leica_SO_Pi_GeovidR_42+56_0922_EN-I.pdf
    132.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: Covertnoob5
Well got to get out with the Match Pro ED binos today at a rimfire match. To say I am pleased with my purchase is an understatement. They were great in spotting and mil sizing targets and very easy on the eyes when looking through them while spotting. The farthest target at the match was around 250 yards but the range went out much farther and had targets in the wood line out around 600-700 yards. The binos did excellent in the wood line on targets. They really did do better than I expected. I’d definitely recommend them to someone looking in that price range for a set of binos with a reticle.

Well got to get out with the Match Pro ED binos today at a rimfire match. To say I am pleased with my purchase is an understatement. They were great in spotting and mil sizing targets and very easy on the eyes when looking through them while spotting. The farthest target at the match was around 250 yards but the range went out much farther and had targets in the wood line out around 600-700 yards. The binos did excellent in the wood line on targets. They really did do better than I expected. I’d definitely recommend them to someone looking in that price range for a set of binos with a reticle.
Do you think these are hands down the better choice for PRS vs a spotting scope?

I've just learnt that GPO does a 15-45x60 spotting scope that isn't badly priced.
I prefer using binos over a spotting scope but the added magnification would be handy for longer range matches.

Do you think these are hands down the better choice for PRS vs a spotting scope?

I've just learnt that GPO does a 15-45x60 spotting scope that isn't badly priced.
I prefer using binos over a spotting scope but the added magnification would be handy for longer range matches.

That would come down to personal preference. Some like a spotter. After using a spotter/monocular for years then starting to use friend's binos at matches over the past couple years I like the binos better as it's easier to get behind and no eye strain. Now with binos with reticles are available it's just an added plus for me.

As to higher power, that's another personal preference. What are you trying to see with the higher power? I can see what I need to see with the 15x as the monocular I had was also 15x and most friend's binos were only 10-12x. Do you use that higher power or is it a perceived advantage? Only you can answer that.

Reactions: beetroot
I too got to play with the Match Pro at a rimfire match yesterday. I also had a pair of Swaro 12x Pures to bounce back and forth between.
Our two longer stages were 335/385 so I had both out for those two just to see what I thought.
Well having the reticle to check target width was super nice( I let another competitor look who didn’t know about the reticle and he immediately accused me of cheating 😎 Anyway for my eyes if you stayed in the center of the Bushnell I really couldn’t see a big difference which is a testament to their quality.
I did notice while spotting movers at 170 yds when the target got to the edges of the glass there was degradation and it got fuzzy. That didn’t happen on the Swaro BUT For 700.00 versus 3300.00 I would hope I could see a difference.

Yeah I saw a little loss of clarity around the far outer edges and when spotting a stage with multiple targets and the closest was on the far left it was sitting in that area but I could still see hits and the other farther targets were in the center so they were very clear. As you said it's a trade off for $700 versus $3300 that I have no problem making.

I just got home from Silent Night and used the Match Pro ED 15x56s

Before dark I was spotting to 1340yds and during to 1050… at night

Reactions: Rob01
I just got home from Silent Night and used the Match Pro ED 15x56s

Before dark I was spotting to 1340yds and during to 1050… at night

Don't doubt that for a minute after looking through them where I did. I will be bringing them to my next centerfire match.

I received mine last Wednesday and took them to the range for the first time yesterday. I’m very happy with them considering the cost.

Yeah I saw a little loss of clarity around the far outer edges and when spotting a stage with multiple targets and the closest was on the far left it was sitting in that area but I could still see hits and the other farther targets were in the center so they were very clear. As you said it's a trade off for $700 versus $3300 that I have no problem making.
I loose clarity every time I look at the edges of any bino and scope, lol. I don't care so long as the rest looks sharp!

Reactions: Rob01