• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell or Kowa?

m1a convert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2003
Idaho Falls
I would like to have great glass in my spotting scope, but I would like to have mils in it as well. It seems like unless I want to spring the 5K for the tactical zeiss then I have to choose one or the other. (Correct me it I am wrong)

So, for field use would you use the bushnell so you can have the mils in it, or the Kowa for the glass?

Re: Bushnell or Kowa?

Two very different scopes the bushnell will be a more compact field scope.Glass is reported to be on par with leupold mk4s.The Kowa is a true spotting scope it is quite large not something you want to pack.The glass on Kowas depending on the model can be quite fantastic.

I have a Kowa TSN 822. The glass is spectacular, but it is a range scope. It fits in my pack, but takes a lot of room. Awesome spotter.

Thought about the USO spotter? If your getting a USO scope, it'd be nice to be able to have the same reticle as your scope has.