• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5X24 or U.S. Optics SR-8c for SCAR 17

BimotaBiker

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2011
Ohio
I own a SCAR 17 that I had put on a Zeiss Victory 6-24 x 56. The Zeiss is a great scope but I feel it’s a bit too big and bulky for the SCAR. I’m looking at both a Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5X24 or U.S. Optics SR-8c as a replacement. I was shocked when I saw the price on the Bushnell at over $2000 but like the idea of a 34mm tube. I didn’t realize that the prices for the Elite line had risen so much. I’ve always heard that U.S. Optics has great customer service and I like the fact that they are an American company. Any input including other scopes that I should consider would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Saracen7
I dont have any experience with any of them but if they are close in price I would go with the USO as it would probably have better resale value. I am sure their is others that can chime in with more experience with one or both but personally I would go with the USO as I was looking at getting one and still might in the future.

I've got the Bushnell. You can get it for less than $2000. For a recce rifle, it's a great option. The illuminated reticle is daylight visible, the turrets are good, glass is nice and it's not terribly heavy. I've used it out to 600m. I looked hard at both but the Bushnell to me came out ahead.

Talk to Scott @ Liberty Optics.

One thing to consider, the USO is a TRUE 1X, and it is made in the USA.
John III

John, I'm interested in the SR8. From the info I've seen on-line, it looks like it meets my needs and then some.
Is the SR8 shipping out to dealers yet? Larue Tactical is the only one I've found to list it and they list it as a pre-order.

-Rambob

Last edited:
Rambob,
1st Class Tactical (Lazy21 here on the Hide) has the SR8s scopes in stock as well as Tacticla Firearms. We willl start shipping the SR8c models to the dealers in the next couple of weeks.
John III

I think that I want to go with the USO featuring the blue illumination. Any thoughts on the blue? Where/who should I buy it from?

It's been a little over a years since I asked about the blue illumination and where I might procure a USO SR8. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My GAP 10 is supposed to be finished this month....