• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell vs ZCO

I’m not comparing them at all, just saying once I get used to one level of performance I’m usually unhappy using stuff below that level.
I have no issues with my bushy spotter but I can guarantee if I had a A Swaro with a reticle I’d probably never use the bushy again.
Once I got my Cronus I abandoned my cheapo vortex like a fat girl once I nutted and sobered up a bit.

and it's a steep curve. I had run NF, Vortex PST Gen2 and Razor etc for years, thought it was great. Really like the Mark5 for the $. However, moving to a ZCO and seeing how clear it is esp at distance is just amazing. My Wife didn't believe me so when we went to practice she got behind mine (she runs a Mk5).....now she has one too lol. Her quote, "holly shit I can see the paint chip at 850" Yes hun, I know lol. I am not knocking the other scopes either. I still have some X7 Ritons on some other rigs. They serve a purpose and they are good for their price point and what they are intended to do. Just a very big leap going from the 1500-2k line of scopes to a ZCO. I had no idea until I jumped in the deep end. Glad I did. For me, it was more about being able to win as opposed to just being competitive. The cool thing about this sport is I have yet to quit learning. Now I'm learning what high end equipment can do for me and my abilities.

and it's a steep curve. I had run NF, Vortex PST Gen2 and Razor etc for years, thought it was great. Really like the Mark5 for the $. However, moving to a ZCO and seeing how clear it is esp at distance is just amazing. My Wife didn't believe me so when we went to practice she got behind mine (she runs a Mk5).....now she has one too lol. Her quote, "holly shit I can see the paint chip at 850" Yes hun, I know lol. I am not knocking the other scopes either. I still have some X7 Ritons on some other rigs. They serve a purpose and they are good for their price point and what they are intended to do. Just a very big leap going from the 1500-2k line of scopes to a ZCO. I had no idea until I jumped in the deep end. Glad I did. For me, it was more about being able to win as opposed to just being competitive. The cool thing about this sport is I have yet to quit learning. Now I'm learning what high end equipment can do for me and my abilities.
Yea
The glass in a ZCO and TT are definitely amazing
I love the clarity of mirage for wind reading.
if I had one I’m certain I’d dump my Cronus or put it on my loader rifle.

Yea
The glass in a ZCO and TT are definitely amazing
I love the clarity of mirage for wind reading.
if I had one I’m certain I’d dump my Cronus or put it on my loader rifle.
Oh hell nah you did not just bring up TT. If a bushy is dollar for dollar better than a zco, we all know a g2 razor shits on a TT.

Of course the ZCO is gonna trounce the Bushy. Even if the Bushnell is a great scope in one aspect the ZCO is a great all around package. The ZCO is great in every aspect and that is why you pay the $$$. Yes the Bushnell can get it done but not as easily. All these pointless comparisons turn into mental masturbation…. You get what you pay for and yes you pay a lot more for the last 10% of performance but that’s just how it is.

Oh hell nah you did not just bring up TT. If a bushy is dollar for dollar better than a zco, we all know a g2 razor shits on a TT.
I dunno man I have a TT and a whole bunch of G2 Razors and when I close my eyes I can barely even tell the difference. Glass on both is dark as fuck when trying to look through your eyelids anyway nomsayin

I dunno man I have a TT and a whole bunch of G2 Razors and when I close my eyes I can barely even tell the difference. Glass on both is dark as fuck when trying to look through your eyelids anyway nomsayin
Having compared @NoLegs24 TT side by side with a razor I can definitely say the TT is a hunk of shit.

If you're meaning call a tow truck because you think this thread's a wreck ... there might be a possibility to salvage it somewhat.

I don't know what the OP's criteria are for this comparison; I'm not even sure from their posts that they do. :unsure:

And, most of us can probably agree that the ZCO is going to be the better all-round package ... and that making a 'dollar for dollar' comparison is not very accurate, or helpful - you're still putting value on the difference of those dollar amounts for the features and build, and that's in the eye of the beholder.

BUT ... and here's the but ... Bushnell do seem to be pretty underrated for their reliability. Check out Frank and Marc's scope tracking results - the Bushy scopes are split across the list by model. But if you add up all of the Elite models, they make up one of the largest samples ... and their results were solid.

There's also an occasional member here who has done a bunch of scope reliability testing ... his results showed the Elite XRS, DMR, and LRTS models to be just a nudge behind Nightforce for reliability, and that a lot of other brands had surprisingly high failure rates. This was in great part to a certain crew at Bushnell who really drove some build quality and QA improvements. Some of those folks have apparently now moved on, but hopefully the increased specs they requested from their LOW-built models will remain; only time will tell.

However, while we can all have opinions about different feature sets, glass, and so on, reliability should surely be our number one priority. In that context, for some of us, reliability puts ZCO, NF, Bushnell, and SWFA on the shortlist - and roughly in that order of price and overall performance. So a sensible discussion about the differences between them might not be as unwarranted as first appears.

It gets even better, there are guys in the "arken threat " stating this $400 scope is equal or better than a g2 razor....

If you’re excited to try this $400 Arken that is better than a S&B PMII go ahead and mash that affiliate link to pay for my mortgage.

• Haha
Reactions: Bb214 and Kpchurch
I was close to ordering a NF ATACR 5-25 to upgrade my PRS 6GT rifle’s current scope…should I wait?

Because if it’s made in China, it might be a strong indication that it’s not a Atacr killer.
You mean its a COMMIESCOPE? Or a KNOCKOFF???

Oh, Same diff.

I'm sure they've got some good stuff.......and I'm sure they can keep it.

I would like to see a head to head with Bushy DMR3 3.5-21 vs Burris XTR III 3.3-18 vs ATACR 4-20......
I've only looked through one atacr and was happy I went with the XTR3. I'm not sure if it's the name or not enough have looked through one but the burris is nice.

Wait to see how much 'value' you get when you go to resell your Bushnell vs. ZCO.

Not even close, especially being so close in price. I have an ATACR and a S&B PM2, the PM2 is hands down better than the NF. I put the ZCO next to my S&B at a match a couple of months ago and there really wasnt that much difference to make me want to upgrade plus I like my H59 reticle for PRS.
I have 4 PM2s, and 3 ATACRs.... and I also have a friend with a handful of ZCOs, so I have been behind them both on the same day. I have to say to my eyes the PM2 is neck and neck with the ZCOs I have looked through. That is one of the reason I still have them.... I just really like them. Now the ATACRs I a have are awful nice, they are a step behind the PM2 and ZCO that is for sure... but it is a small step, the ATACRs are better then the Razors and K624Is I have looked through by at least as much as the PM2 is over the ATACR. I really want to try a newer Bushy, almost ordered one while reading this... just to play with it. I mean if they are good enough for Robert Brantley, they have to be good enough for me.

I have 4 PM2s, and 3 ATACRs.... and I also have a friend with a handful of ZCOs, so I have been behind them both on the same day. I have to say to my eyes the PM2 is neck and neck with the ZCOs I have looked through. That is one of the reason I still have them.... I just really like them. Now the ATACRs I a have are awful nice, they are a step behind the PM2 and ZCO that is for sure... but it is a small step, the ATACRs are better then the Razors and K624Is I have looked through by at least as much as the PM2 is over the ATACR. I really want to try a newer Bushy, almost ordered one while reading this... just to play with it. I mean if they are good enough for Robert Brantley, they have to be good enough for me.
This post is an excellent example of how individualized optics can be. I have owned 4-6 PMIIs, 3-4 ATACRs, 5 Razor Gen II, and several DRMs & DMR II PROs, 1 K6-24i, 3-4 MK5s, 2 Hensoldts, and several others. Between the PMII, Razor, K6-24i, MK5, & ATACRs optically (out to 1000 yard targets from bright sunny days to basically dark) I think the MK5 is the best with the Razor & PMII a close second followed by the ATACR, then the Kahles with the DMR II PRO last in this group. I am excluding the Hensoldt from this list b/c I was never able to compare them directly to the K6-24i or MK5, but I preferred it over the Bender optically. However that do mean I choose to run a MK5 on my rifles anymore because some of the other features don’t work for me (reticle), same thing with the good old Hensoldt which I love the optics in just not the reticles. Optical quality can me scientifically measured but that doesn’t always correlate to what a shooters sees.

Optical quality can me scientifically measured but that doesn’t always correlate to what a shooters sees.

This is something a lot of people still don't seem to grasp, either. It's not because someone that sees something different doesn't know what they're looking at or talking about, it's because their eyeballs aren't the same as yours.

Hands down the best dollar for dollar, pound for pound, punches above its weight class scope out there.
I have to say, if you like the current Bushnell offerings at all, you will absolutely love the current line gen3 scopes. I just received my LRHS2, and while it’s not labeled as a Gen3, the ED glass, integrated switch view and bonus zero stop blow away the previous version. I’m really not sure if anyone else in the respective price ranges even come close. Especially when one considers the known durability and turret repeatability of the Bushnell line.

There. If that didn’t make me sound like a Bushnell fanboy, I don’t know what would, lol. But I mean it, I was impressed with the improvements for no more money than I paid for the original line.

Bushnell DMR3
Here’s my DMR3 mated up to my Defiance 6GT in a KRG Whiskey3 stock. Scope is in Vortex PMR rings (Seekins) 34mm 1.26”. Hopefully get to shoot this weekend. Scope is incredibly clear to me and I’m impressed so far.
Jim

Attachments

• E5EFF2D0-D72E-465A-BA6E-5FA63094FA40.jpeg
    E5EFF2D0-D72E-465A-BA6E-5FA63094FA40.jpeg
    549.7 KB · Views: 121
I'll take the Civic. I'll win because it will actually get to the finish before breaking down.
Me too. I love CTRs and Honda in general. Always wanted an EK CTR. I still have my 88 CRX though. Gonna pass that down to my son when he’s old enough to drive.

Me too. I love CTRs and Honda in general. Always wanted an EK CTR. I still have my 88 CRX though. Gonna pass that down to my son when he’s old enough to drive.
I picked up an Accord Sport 1.5T last year. They had a dark blue CTR in the showroom. It was really fucking hard to not call USAA right then and there.

I have to say, if you like the current Bushnell offerings at all, you will absolutely love the current line gen3 scopes. I just received my LRHS2, and while it’s not labeled as a Gen3, the ED glass, integrated switch view and bonus zero stop blow away the previous version. I’m really not sure if anyone else in the respective price ranges even come close. Especially when one considers the known durability and turret repeatability of the Bushnell line.

There. If that didn’t make me sound like a Bushnell fanboy, I don’t know what would, lol. But I mean it, I was impressed with the improvements for no more money than I paid for the original line.

Wait wut? I thought you were all bout those sightrons!? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: lash
I’ve owned and had the luxury of being able to get behind a lot of scopes. The difference between most will be in reliability, repeatability and low light performance. Most people, under normal conditions cant spot the difference, but low light performance always humbles certain ones over the others. Is it enough to pay all that extra money for that little bit of difference? That’s up to every individual to decide. In the end, who freaking cares as long as the tool does the job. Most modern day scopes are pretty good. If you can’t hit the target with a cheap scope then a $5000 scope ain’t gonna help you do it. Get whatever flavor you like with the reticle that best suits you and go out and shoot. This is like arguing whether a vette is as good as a Porsche. It all depends.

Where did you get an LRHS2? I didnt even know they were making one. What are the specs on it? What does the reticle look like? Is it illuminated?