• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Warranty? Lol

My last ladder fall cracked three ribs, I got off light, eh?
Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear that. My buddy is lucky he still has a leg. The issue wasn't the ligaments and tendons he trashed, it was the swelling and tissue damage cut off circulation below the knee and the big deal was the vascular surgery to repair it.

Reactions: rottenruger
Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear that. My buddy is lucky he still has a leg. The issue wasn't the ligaments and tendons he trashed, it was the swelling and tissue damage cut off circulation below the knee and the big deal was the vascular surgery to repair it.
Like I said, I got off light. Hope your buddy has recovered. What he went through can involve a LOT of complications. Take care!

Reactions: Baron23
Fine print on the warranty reads:
“This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage; damage caused by failing to properly maintain the product; loss; theft; damage as a result of unauthorized repair, modification, or disassembly; intentional damage, misuses, or abuse.”

What I’m failing to understand is where “wind blowing a tripod over” would be included in any of the above verbiage. At least these were sub $500 Binos. I’d hate for the same BS to happen to someone with one of the new XRS3s.

Anyway, let it be a word of caution… sure as hell makes you appreciate companies like Vortex and others that will replace stuff no questions asked.

Anyway a word of caution. People these days are entitled pricks and think that they are blameless in everything and the manufacturer should cover any and all problems from now until the universe dies of heat death. If you can't figure out that the wind blowing a tripod over falls into one of the two categories, how do you fucking breathe during the day

Holy shit I need a drink. OP punch yourself for the good of all mankind. You are the reason we have 40 pages on warnings in gun manuals and 0 actual info.

Anyway a word of caution. People these days are entitled pricks and think that they are blameless in everything and the manufacturer should cover any and all problems from now until the universe dies of heat death. If you can't figure out that the wind blowing a tripod over falls into one of the two categories, how do you fucking breathe during the day

Holy shit I need a drink. OP punch yourself for the good of all mankind. You are the reason we have 40 pages on warnings in gun manuals and 0 actual info.

Lol you should try and take things a little less personally, pal. That drink would probably be a good start.

But I am SINCERELY sorry for hurting your feelings.

Ease up or you're gonna need three drinks. I'm having mine right now.

My wife thinks a return policy is eternal and boundaryless. She AMAZES me with what she gets away with. But I've sinned, too....... just less?

I'm not seeing the issue. Why a manufacturer would need to cover this type of damage is beyond me. Some may do it but they charge 2-3X for their products to cover this situation.
Vortex optics would undoubtedly be less expensive with a less expansive warranty. I’m not sure 3x less, but less all the same.

Vortex optics would undoubtedly be less expensive with a less expansive warranty. I’m not sure 3x less, but less all the same.
I'm not as well versed at these warranty issues, though I've got lots of scopes I've been blessed with few problems.

But I compare my Vortex to my Nightforce, midrange and lowrange respectively, and I consider my Vortex reasonably enough priced, and the great warranty is just a plus. The Nightforce is my best scope, but also the most expensive by far.

A Hawke is the only scope I've ever exercised the warranty on, and they immediately sent me a brand new scope.

Similar thing happen to my Swarovski Binos. I was convinced that 'famous' Swaro warranty would cover it...hell no. Basically they fell off the tripod at the match due to windy conditions. Contacted Swaro...told me to send them in and $175 later I had them back. "Thanks" Swaro...not.

• Haha
Reactions: DIBBS
Similar thing happen to my Swarovski Binos. I was convinced that 'famous' Swaro warranty would cover it...hell no. Basically they fell off the tripod at the match due to windy conditions. Contacted Swaro...told me to send them in and $175 later I had them back. "Thanks" Swaro...not.
What did those binos cost new? You broke them (We're still not talking about a manufacturing defect, or issue arising from materials or workmanship) and Swaro charged you a fraction of the new cost to repair/replace? Sounds pretty good to me.

$175 is less than a single 2 day match fee, and about what you might shoot in ammo- or less.

What did those binos cost new? You broke them (We're still not talking about a manufacturing defect, or issue arising from materials or workmanship) and Swaro charged you a fraction of the new cost to repair/replace? Sounds pretty good to me.

$175 is less than a single 2 day match fee, and about what you might shoot in ammo- or less.
? You are kidding me , right? Swaro is not Vortex and Vortex is not Swaro when it comes to 'we'll fix it no questions asked'. The point is my other friends had their swaros fixed that they were in much worse shape then mine when they fell over and they did not pay a dime when they sent them in...but now that 'warranty' is no longer applied the same way across the board for the rest of us? Swaro makes a great glass, no question. However what is the purpose of warranty if it's not applied evenly across the board.

The reason it costs something for the premium products is because they build it in house and they have people to repair it. If you are getting a new scope for free under warranty you just overpaid on the original item, so you basically payed for the replacement in advance. (talking about the cheaper scopes)

The reason it costs something for the premium products is because they build it in house and they have people to repair it. If you are getting a new scope for free under warranty you just overpaid on the original item, so you basically payed for the replacement in advance. (talking about the cheaper scopes)
Someone understands the concept of free lunch!

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Have a set of 15x Forge Binos that I’ve had for about 2 years. Absolutely loved them.

I recently had my tripod blow over on a concrete pad (it was really windy and the tripod caddy served as a parachute of sorts). Binos hit hard, broke the stud for mounting them. Didn’t think anything of it so I submitted a warranty request, boxed them up, and sent them out.

Went through the warranty process as normal. Got them back about 2 weeks later. Stud was fixed but it came with the attached note. Basically said “the prisms and focus mechanism are trashed… too costly to repair, but here you can buy a new set for $400.” Sure enough, look through them and they don’t focus properly.

Fine print on the warranty reads:
“This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage; damage caused by failing to properly maintain the product; loss; theft; damage as a result of unauthorized repair, modification, or disassembly; intentional damage, misuses, or abuse.”

You can read the full thing here:

What I’m failing to understand is where “wind blowing a tripod over” would be included in any of the above verbiage. At least these were sub $500 Binos. I’d hate for the same BS to happen to someone with one of the new XRS3s.

Anyway, let it be a word of caution… sure as hell makes you appreciate companies like Vortex and others that will replace stuff no questions asked.
Other than a few outliers, company warranties cover failures that result from manufacturing defects. Dropping an optic several feet onto concrete is not a manufacturing defect (Bushnell did not manufacture gravity or the concrete the binos impacted). Period.
A few optics manufacturers do cover some products from accidental damage (Vortex VIP warranty and the lifetime warranty+ I got when I registered my Minox ZP5s) but most do not.
Get over it. You broke it and it's not covered by Bushnell's warranty, expressed or implied.

So, I bought a new car, ran a red light and hit a telephone poll while drag racing. Should the car companies lifetime warranty cover my accident? Uhhhhhhh.... NO!

Would it be cool if it did (Vortex)? Hell yeah!

The incident as described above is totally outside the scope of their warranty.

you’re right. The lesson here is, anything other than the elite series is throw away stuff.

Abso-fucking-lutely not even close to being correct.

I have a $68 red dot at bushnell as I'm writing this.
It spent a very short afternoon on a 16" TC Contender in 45-70.
I was shooting 350 and 405gr bullets.

Couldn't get it to zero.
Stopped shooting and found the front lens had almost fallen out due to the excessive recoil.
Pushed the lens back into place and the dot went off.

The dot worked intermittently after that.

Sent it to Bushnell and they are replacing it without issue.

Ok, fat friend of mine climbed into a rusted tree stand, that he was told was rusted, and it broke under him.

He fell and caught his leg in the ladder and ripped every ligament and tendon in that knee. Long, painful, and only partial recovery.

Vortex Viper also banged down the ladder and was utterly trashed. He sent it back to Vortex, told them exactly how it happened, and just wanted to know if it was fixable and, if so, how much.

In response, a brand new scoped shipped out to him from Vortex.

Now for the obligatory comment that with Vortex you need their warranty.

On the other hand, Bushnell doesn't sound like its solid as a rock AND they seem to not have the same attitude as Vortex wrt to lifetime warranty.

How's that? :cool:

You want a Vortex warranty?
Buy Vortex. It's that simple.

Abso-fucking-lutely not even close to being correct.

I have a $68 red dot at bushnell as I'm writing this.
It spent a very short afternoon on a 16" TC Contender in 45-70.
I was shooting 350 and 405gr bullets.

Couldn't get it to zero.
Stopped shooting and found the front lens had almost fallen out due to the excessive recoil.
Pushed the lens back into place and the dot went off.

The dot worked intermittently after that.

Sent it to Bushnell and they are replacing it without issue.

You want a Vortex warranty?
Buy Vortex. It's that simple.
Please post how long the replacement last on that TC. 😂
Then will you let a dead dog lay, or try one more time? Lol

The old assed Leupold 1.5-5 Vari-x-3 shook that shit right off.
It's also spent time on an NEF 45-70 without a hitch.
Might try to source another one, or one of the 1-4× versions.

Although, I do have a lovely 2x Simmons POS that's just dying to have its chance at death...

Reactions: Gohring65
The old assed Leupold 1.5-5 Vari-x-3 shook that shit right off.
It's also spent time on an NEF 45-70 without a hitch.
Might try to source another one, or one of the 1-4× versions.

Although, I do have a lovely 2x Simmons POS that's just dying to have its chance at death...
I was going to recommend a VXR patrol 1.5-. I liked that scope on my slug gun.

This is fucking retarded.
Before you buy your next set of binos, call the CS Dept of said brand ask them if they'll cover your deliberate misuse and abuse.

The last thing on my mind had this happened to me would have been "I wonder if I can fuck the mfg for my fuckup and get them to warranty the product."

smh.

I have several Bushnell scopes that perform great for the money spent. Good value.

I have yet to break a Bushnell.

I had a vortex go down for internal failure. It was replaced promptly without any hassle with a nib replacement arrived yesturday.

Vortex has the best warranty because they have the worst quality. No real surprise.

Vortex has the best warranty because they have the worst quality. No real surprise.
1649199129309.jpeg