• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell warranty problem

FOBK-Ohio

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2021
Ohio
Back story is that I purchased one of the new match pros for my 22lr rig and I ended up taking a fall on the scope. Scope took it like a champ, didn’t crack glass and even tracked just fine for the rest of the day. Anyway I backed it all the way down to low power for a short stage and noticed that there is now debris on the inside. It even illuminates with the reticle! Am I wrong to see debris inside the scope to be a defect?

I sent the scope on originally 8/31 got it back a few weeks later with a paper recommending that the scope be replaced. Offered a slight discount on a new one. I didn’t think that was right so I called trying to get ahold of someone to send it back again and have them re-evaluate the scope. After a month and a half I was able to get ahold of someone and was giving a RMA and was attn: to a manager this time.

Scope was received 10/11, I waited another month before I called to get an update and was told the person was going to talk to the manager and email me back, that was 11/11.
Now to today, I called again and was giving the same thing about talking to a manager and getting back to me but this time the call was dropped before I could get any information.

Is there another or better way to go about this?

Vortex goes without saying. They would just take care of it and leave you almost glad it happened for the experience.

I had two SWFA scopes that developed internal debris after many years of hard use. They replaced with no issues.

Had a Leupold develop parallax issues after many years of hard use. They replaced it with a newer better model.

Reactions: screaminweasil
Vortex if you want a scope you can abuse. I don’t think rcbs will replace for your fault.

Who knows, squawk enough and they might replace it with a refurbished one. Most likely they will refer to the fine print in the warranty and as a gesture of "good will" offer a steeper discount.

I had an issue where the parallax adjustment was not functioning correctly on a Bushnell Nitro (Mrad) and Bushnell upgraded me to a Forge 4.5-27×50 with no issue during the C19 madness of 2020.
Every time I've dealt with them it has been positive, still I keep hearing these horror stories of CS?...

Personally I like Vortex slightly better for their CS, which is IMO above and beyond just about everyone.

Maybe because I bought one of their cheaper scopes is why I am getting the cold shoulder. It seems like people with the higher end scopes get theirs replaced or even upgraded. At this point, I would just take a refund.

For some reason, I have never been a fan of vortex, but after actually looking through some of their glass. I was quite impressed. That being said, I picked up a Athlon Midas tac from cameraland and have been very happy with it. And as long as Athlon has good customer service (haven’t used it yet). I am going to run them for now.

Well that is a plus. I’ve got their Midas tac 6-24, ares G2 spotter, and Midas G2 binos and I really like the glass for what I’m doing.

Another update though, somebody messaged me this morning with a contact to bushnell. They emailed me back just moments ago and he told me the scope was replaced and sent out 11/2 and delivered 11/4 be it was not signed by me or my wife. So some of this grief might be on fedex now.

I'm disappointed to hear about this. I really like my Bushnell scope and binos, and I've had them forever. I also have Burris and Vortex products, so I'm fine shopping around. Hopefully they make this right.

Well, seems Bushnell isn't exactly to blame here. I also don't know how it takes a "month and half" to get ahold of someone. I would have picked up the phone.

I deleted my prior comments as I'm not one to bash a company for someone else's issues
Hopefully you get it figured out.
Did it track to your house?

Maybe because I bought one of their cheaper scopes is why I am getting the cold shoulder. It seems like people with the higher end scopes get theirs replaced or even upgraded. At this point, I would just take a refund.

For some reason, I have never been a fan of vortex, but after actually looking through some of their glass. I was quite impressed. That being said, I picked up a Athlon Midas tac from cameraland and have been very happy with it. And as long as Athlon has good customer service (haven’t used it yet). I am going to run them for now.
How do you form an opinion of a optic without ever looking through one ???? Brand is irrelevant, could be any brand.

Well, seems Bushnell isn't exactly to blame here. I also don't know how it takes a "month and half" to get ahold of someone. I would have picked up the phone.

I deleted my prior comments as I'm not one to bash a company for someone else's issues
In that time period I did call and I got a lot of wait times, dropped calls, and “let me talk to my manager and I’ll get ahold of you”. One of the First Ladies I talked to and was able to establish an email chain with moved to a new department. I even started asking the last two people to email me so I can could a record and I never got a response.
Hopefully you get it figured out.
Did it track to your house?
FedEx shows it being delivered to my town but not a specific address. It was signed by someone that was not me or my wife.
If I smash something and get it replaced fine. If I smash it and it is not replaced, I need to buy a new one.
This is true, but it wasn’t smashed. Bent up yea, but when that fall knocks up debris from the bottom of the scope onto the glass, I would think that would be craftsmanship.

Reactions: Gohring65
That's a great question for.....................@ FOBK-Ohio

If I was the OP..........I would just delete this thread. 🍿
I’m not going to delete this thread. I was sharing my frustration and more importantly looking for help. Which I was able to get in touch with the right person and get some information that I did not/could not get over the phone.

Update: they are going to send another replacement for the replacement.

In that time period I did call and I got a lot of wait times, dropped calls, and “let me talk to my manager and I’ll get ahold of you”. One of the First Ladies I talked to and was able to establish an email chain with moved to a new department. I even started asking the last two people to email me so I can could a record and I never got a response.

FedEx shows it being delivered to my town but not a specific address. It was signed by someone that was not me or my wife.

This is true, but it wasn’t smashed. Bent up yea, but when that fall knocks up debris from the bottom of the scope onto the glass, I would think that would be craftsmanship.
You need to be calling FedEx. If they delivered it to the wrong location then that’s their problem. The driver should be able to tell where they dropped it off and who signed for it. That’s not on Bushnell

So the real TLDR:

Dude accidently smashes scope, expects Bushnell to replace even though it was his clumsy fault and ends up bitching enough to get not one but two new scopes for the effort.
Pretty much
You need to be calling FedEx. If they delivered it to the wrong location then that’s their problem. The driver should be able to tell where they dropped it off and who signed for it. That’s not on Bushnell
I was told that they will be filing one and that fedex prefers to deal with the shipper for lost/damage packages.

Pretty much

I was told that they will be filing one and that fedex prefers to deal with the shipper for lost/damage packages.
FedEx told you that? I have had that happen and I dealt with it myself.

I still think Bushnell went above and beyond already. You bought a cheap scope and they replaced it. FedEx delivered to the wrong address. Not their problem. You damaged the scope through misuse. If this was a high end scope where hard use is to be expected such as a Nightforce I would get it. But there is a reason why you pay a lot for a scope. It’s beyond tracking, elevation adjustment, nice turrets and glass quality. Those scopes are made to handle hard use. So I would expect them to replace a scope under those circumstances. A cheap scope isn’t expected to handle that type of abuse. Kudos to Bushnell for going way above and beyond for your misuse. That’s not a design flaw.

Yeah, I’m weary of Bushnell products. I want the Forge binos; their top line. But it doesn’t fall under their no questions asked warranty lol.

yes it does, it specifically says for 20 years
Where?

Binoculars (Bushnell Elite, Legend Ultra HD, Legend E, L & M Series, Trophy and Trophy Xtreme)

Which one of those does the Forge line fall into?

Where?

Binoculars (Bushnell Elite, Legend Ultra HD, Legend E, L & M Series, Trophy and Trophy Xtreme)

says at the bottom of the Forge page:
The Ironclad Warranty is a full lifetime warranty that covers the defined lifetime of a product. For Forge Binoculars the lifetime is defined as 20 years. A complete list of Bushnell Product Lifetimes can be found on the Bushnell Ironclad Details webpage and/or on the Bushnell webpage specific to this Product. If this product isn't working properly due to a covered defect, we will, at our option, either repair or replace the product and ship it back to you at no charge. This warranty is fully transferable and does not require a receipt, warranty card, or product registration.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Where?

6B6DA958-979A-4267-8EC7-F9B97A8F718B.png

Go to the product pages and you’ll see the forge stuff has the ironclad warranty

Reactions: Ezana4CE
when that fall knocks up debris from the bottom of the scope onto the glass, I would think that would be craftsmanship.

I would think not, after 26 years in the manufacturing business.

And warranties have limitations, not just of time but also of damages. How long ago did this happen and how old was the scope when you broke it?

Right from their ironclad warranty
This warranty does not cover cosmetic damage; damage caused by failing to properly maintain the product; loss; theft; damage as a result of unauthorized repair, modification, or disassembly; intentional damage, misuses, or abuse.

I like Bushnell, and they make quality products.
However, there are better options available now in many of their price ranges.
Still, the Forge has impressed me so far...
It has better clarity than my PST2 from what my eye can discern.
It also has better feeling turrets than many of its competitors.
Bushnell has been good to me with warranty issues and that's why I keep coming back to try their new products.

Reactions: Gohring65
says at the bottom of the Forge page:
The Ironclad Warranty is a full lifetime warranty that covers the defined lifetime of a product. For Forge Binoculars the lifetime is defined as 20 years. A complete list of Bushnell Product Lifetimes can be found on the Bushnell Ironclad Details webpage and/or on the Bushnell webpage specific to this Product. If this product isn't working properly due to a covered defect, we will, at our option, either repair or replace the product and ship it back to you at no charge. This warranty is fully transferable and does not require a receipt, warranty card, or product registration.

as mentioned, the Iron Clad warranty is different from their no-questions-asked warranty.

well maybe if you left 2016 and stepped into 2021 you would see that the products you listed are part of the Iron Clad warranty. Forge line wasnt around in 2016

BUSHNELL'S NO QUESTIONS ASKED LIFETIME WARRANTY PROMISE​

We’re proud to guarantee your complete satisfaction, and promise to repair or replace your product and ship it back to you at absolutely no charge. This fully transferable warranty covers accidental damage, as well as any defects in materials and workmanship, for the life of the product. *

Tell me where the Iron Clad covers accidental damage. These are two separate warranty’s. So once again, I’m weary of purchasing their Forge binos as it isn’t covered under no-questions-asked warranty which covers accidental damage. Many competitors cover accidental damage - especially on their high end lines.

• Haha
Reactions: redx
Do you have a picture of the scope, what condition it went to the Bushnell?
If Bushnell aint gonna send you a new scope, does your home insurance cover that?

We’re proud to guarantee your complete satisfaction, and promise to repair or replace your product and ship it back to you at absolutely no charge. This fully transferable warranty covers accidental damage, as well as any defects in materials and workmanship, for the life of the product. *

Tell me where the Iron Clad covers accidental damage. These are two separate warranty’s. So once again, I’m weary of purchasing their Forge binos as it isn’t covered under no-questions-asked warranty which covers accidental damage. Many competitors cover accidental damage - especially on their high end lines.
Tangent Theta, Zero Compromise, Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender, Kahles do not explicitly cover accidental damage. Who exactly is many? Vortex...

your failure to read is funny. it clearly states that ALL new products fall under the Ironclad. Nothing NEW is in the no questions asked warranty.

Tangent Theta, Zero Compromise, Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender, Kahles do not explicitly cover accidental damage. Who exactly is many? Vortex...
Wouldn't consider any of those as competitors to Bushnell products. Bushnell compared to Vortex, Athlon, Burris, etc, sure.

Wouldn't consider any of those as competitors to Bushnell products. Bushnell compared to Vortex, Athlon, Burris, etc, sure.
So your definition of high end is just whatever you feel like. Mkay.

My point is that it is stupid to base your decision to buy a product based on whether the manufacturer has included accidental damage coverage since that is a rarity in the high end market. Try not destroying your stuff and you won't have that problem klutz.

My point is that it is stupid to base your decision to buy a product based on whether the manufacturer has included accidental damage coverage since that is a rarity in the high end market.
Is it stupid really?
Cause that doesn’t sound stupid to me.
I damage shit on the daily.

I accidentally dropped my Forge binos on a gravel road at the Central Region PRS finale last month. Scratched them up pretty good. I sent them back with a note to call me about repair cost. They sent me a brand new in box pair 3 days later no questions asked. They've always taken great care of me.

I accidentally dropped my Forge binos on a gravel road at the Central Region PRS finale last month. Scratched them up pretty good. I sent them back with a note to call me about repair cost. They sent me a brand new in box pair 3 days later no questions asked. They've always taken great care of me.
Great, that’s all I need to hear. My worry is when companies view that as outside of warranty.

Because writing “Okay”, just sounds too grown up…… 🙄

Carry on with your lecture, from on high.
Dearest Max,

Thank you for your reply. I await your most eloquent responses with trepidation. Your imperious ability to rate how grown up I sound on an internet forum known for it's squirrel mafia and 12 year old antics. I truly appreciate your pot-calling-the-kettle-black slap-back. I too get excited about random posters on The Hide getting uppity about their inability to read a Bushnell warranty or compare "high end optics".

Signed with Sincerity,
GenericBadGuy

Last edited:
Kinda sounds like that's your problem really. Just remind the hipsters not to lend you their $8k PRS rifles that dont have any "accidental replacement warrenties".
Let’s be real, most of the douche bags that buy high end equipment baby it like it’s a dozen eggs, they wrap two rolls of ankle wrap around it so it never touches dirt or get banged around. There’s only a few that will test them, just a few.
I see it every day, and it’s because they spent their kids tax credit and Biden’s stimmy money to buy it, you can usually find the douche bags, because their wife or mom found out and they end up selling the pristine ZCO in the classified for a loss.
Every day all day.

Last edited: