• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell XRS2 and DMR2 for a steal on Midway

Hollywood 6mm

Old Salt
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2013
Flori-duh.
Looks like Midway is doing some kind of special deal on the Bushnell XRS2 and DMR2 (non-Pro) right now. Both are way under MAP and have Midway gift card to go with it. The XRS2 is as cheap as $1099 after the Midway gift card, and the DMR2 is as cheap as $799.

Figured some people here might be interested since those are damn low prices for those scopes.

The only time I've ever seen XRS2 and DMR2 prices this low was when Bushnell had their direct sale back in June 2019. I picked up a Illuminated G3 XRS2 for $1257.99 shipped. If I had a present need for anything else at Midway I'd be all over this.

What am I missing, I’m looking at both pages closely and I can’t find anything about a Midway gift card. From your post it seems like it should be $100 or $200, yet nothing I see?

Reactions: Nathan11B
What am I missing, I’m looking at both pages closely and I can’t find anything about a Midway gift card. From your post it seems like it should be $100 or $200, yet nothing I see?

Click on "Special Offers Available". You then apply the coupon on the next page.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
The sale prices already include the gift card special discount. $900 is the cheapest any of the scopes are with the discount applied. Still a good deal but not a $800 good deal.

But we cant apply the gift card to the price of the scope, its only good on a subsequent sale? Or is the sale price on the right really just the gift card itself applied so they are showing the same thing in two different ways to disillusion?

I wish this deal would have been available, back when I was scope hunting. Those two scopes were at the top of my list, even if they were in Mils., darn. Mac:(

But we cant apply the gift card to the price of the scope, its only good on a subsequent sale? Or is the sale price on the right really just the gift card itself applied so they are showing the same thing in two different ways to disillusion?

It looks like you purchase at 1299 and get a 200 dollar gift card to use later.

The sale prices already include the gift card special discount. $900 is the cheapest any of the scopes are with the discount applied. Still a good deal but not a $800 good deal.

Nope. Add everything to your cart - $1299 gets you the scope and the $200 gift card for the XRS2, effectively making the XRS2 $1099. If you get the DMR2 with G3 non-illuminated, the scope is $899 in the cart with a free $100 gift card, effectively making it $799.

Attachments

• Bushnell promo gift card.JPG
    Bushnell promo gift card.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: BikePilot
What's the warranty like on these? Appears to cover defects, but maybe not as much as Burris or Vortex's warranties.

Also, any idea if the (5.5-30x) XTR3 worth ~$300 more than the XRS2?

Last edited:
What's the warranty like on these? Appears to cover defects, but maybe not as much as Burris or Vortex's warranties.

Also, any idea if the (5.5-30x) XTR3 worth ~$300 more than the XRS2?
No BS warranty just like Vortex.

I bought this optic today the scope is$1299 + $104 tax and you get $200 gift card the charge to my card was $1404.00 . That's $1204.00 for the scope and a $200.00 gift card that I bought rings with. For some reason I don't feel like I got the scope $1099.00 LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Southern Custom
For what it’s worth.
Nope. Add everything to your cart - $1299 gets you the scope and the $200 gift card for the XRS2, effectively making the XRS2 $1099. If you get the DMR2 with G3 non-illuminated, the scope is $899 in the cart with a free $100 gift card, effectively making it $799.
If you get a scope for $899 plus a $100 gift card you most certainly did not get a scope for $799 effectively. You still spend $899 with Midway.
I learned this lesson years ago when I told my wife I’d saved $250 on a $1000 item. She reminded me, “ you didn’t save anything. You spent $750”

No BS warranty just like Vortex.

I guess I should've made that a two part question... If a warranty replacement is necessary, how would Bushnell replace these? It seems they're dumping the Elite Tactical line, with the LRTS and SMRS disappearing in the last year and now great (blowout/clearance?) pricing on the XRS2 and DMR2.

I could be wrong but I thought Doug at CameraLand had DMR2s for $750? Worth an email to him anyway.

Reactions: Ravenworks
I guess I should've made that a two part question... If a warranty replacement is necessary, how would Bushnell replace these? It seems they're dumping the Elite Tactical line, with the LRTS and SMRS disappearing in the last year and now great (blowout/clearance?) pricing on the XRS2 and DMR2.
Repairing would be the answer in the cases where it's something that can be repaired - LOW would be performing that work. Replacement if required, we have inventory. If far enough in the future and neither of those is an option, then it'd be something I can't talk about yet . . .

1600360337927.png

Last edited:
Repairing would the answer in the cases where it's something that can be repaired - LOW would be performing that work. Replacement if required, we have inventory. If far enough in the future and neither of those is an option, then it'd be something I can't yet talk about yet . . .

View attachment 7425891

Well that's a pretty new logo...

Good to hear about a (possible) commitment to this market segment.

For what it’s worth.

If you get a scope for $899 plus a $100 gift card you most certainly did not get a scope for $799 effectively. You still spend $899 with Midway.
I learned this lesson years ago when I told my wife I’d saved $250 on a $1000 item. She reminded me, “ you didn’t save anything. You spent $750”

Then we'll just have to disagree on perspective, then.
Where do these stack up against a razor HD GEN2, mk5hd, NF ect?

Glass quality is always subjective. What your eyeball sees isn't the same as mine. To MY eyeballs, the XRS2 beats the HD2 and the 4-16ATACR my friend owns. I haven't played with a Mk5HD enough to say.

I want to argue semantics about the price too. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :poop: :poop: :poop:

I honestly can't decide if I want to order one of these, an XTRIII, or wait until just before christmas when no one else is buying and stuff sells dirt cheap. And see what happens.

I had the same thoughts and went for a XRS2 over the XTR3. I have scopes with matching reticles for either one, but went for the less expensive option in FDE.

I couldn't find any direct comparisons between these, just ones comparing each to the Razor gen2. I surmised they are relatively similar with minor positives/negatives. Perhaps a few more positives to the XTR3, but with the XRS2 having better value since I normally purchase stuff from Midway (so, an actual savings).

If only they didn’t have that thick g3 reticle

XRS2 most likely being replaced. Something new on the horizon. Hopefully same reticle with parallax down to 25. Probably a pre-SHOT announcement? XRS2 and XTRIII both have excellent glass, and well built. The Burris reticle is thinner, with a floating center cross, geared for PRS.

Last edited:
I hear Midwayusa's return policy is pretty no hassle........nothing to lose here in my opinion. Albiet, a pretty heavy google search points to the XRS II glass being subpar in comparison to Cronus BTR, Vortex Razor Gen II, and Atacr...........sans a few anomalies.

Having looked through a few LRTS, I'll pass on anything bushy...........for my eyes of course;)

Last edited:
I hear Midwayusa's return policy is pretty no hassle........nothing to lose here in my opinion. Albiet, a pretty heavy google search points to the XRS II glass being subpar in comparison to Cronus BTR, Vortex Razor Gen II, and Atacr...........sans a few anomalies.

Having looked through a few LRTS, I'll pass on anything bushy...........for my eyes of course;)

As I said above, glass is subjective - but my eyeballs definitely disagree with yours on comparison to a Razor gen 2.

I have a Cronus BTR and an XTR2. I prefer the glass in the XTR2 to that in the Cronus, and I paid more for the Cronus. And having an LRTS and LRHS, I think you must be thinking about a different optic.

I have a Cronus BTR and an XTR2. I prefer the glass in the XTR2 to that in the Cronus, and I paid more for the Cronus. And having an LRTS and LRHS, I think you must be thinking about a different optic.

Nope, but evidently people see different things. It also helps when you compare side x side on a tripod.

dmhDuw0.jpg

LRTS......3-12 bushy (I've owned 3 of them, all the same glass)
2wMlpI0.jpg

bRFqmSn.jpg

SWFA HD 3-9x42........
0dxRoMs.jpg

DRJ58zc.jpg

Which one has better glass? Without a doubt the SWFA..........

I've also owned a DMR II and it was pathetic above 14x........

I would like to try an XRS II though..............I'll probably buy one to compare with and return if I find it lacking. I already know it's reliable, just curious about the glass compared to Cronus BTR and Razor quality optics.

Ok, so what I see is a scope with a sale price of $1299.99 and a promo for a $200 gift card. When I apply the promo code, the price for the scope in the cart changes to $1500, with a -$200 for the promo. Nice try Larry...

Ok, so what I see is a scope with a sale price of $1299.99 and a promo for a $200 gift card. When I apply the promo code, the price for the scope in the cart changes to $1500, with a -$200 for the promo. Nice try Larry...

The cart said 1499=1299+200 dollar gift certificate. Then the promo is removed from the total, for a total of 1299. Plus tax. of course.

The cart said 1499=1299+200 dollar gift certificate. Then the promo is removed from the total, for a total of 1299. Plus tax. of course.
Exactly. What a deal.
“Hey, for just $200 more we’ll throw in a $200 gift card- that you can use RIGHT NOW!”

“Score...”😒

Because, without applying the promo code, I could check out with a price of $1299.99+ tax.

Reactions: wade2big
Exactly. What a deal.
“Hey, for just $200 more we’ll throw in a $200 gift card- that you can use RIGHT NOW!”

“Score...”😒

Because, without applying the promo code, I could check out with a price of $1299.99+ tax.
With the promo you pay $1299 and you get $200 to spend later. Without the code you pay &1299 and that’s it. Not hard to figure out

With the promo you pay $1299 and you get $200 to spend later. Without the code you pay &1299 and that’s it. Not hard to figure out
Nope. But, please keep playing...

2BCC7955-D151-4448-9D2A-0D79BBB1C696.png

B7F81385-1F90-4293-A6F7-81DA2224181F.png

Not that hard to figure out...

On further inspection, it does appear that there is a gift card in my check-out cart. This is a pretty confusing way to show the promo has been applied. Hey Larry, just put the card in the basket. The above REALLY makes it look like the gift card was applied to the scope order. Then again, maybe I receive a used gift card? Like one poster above said with his credit card statement, it was $200 more than he expected.

Last edited:
Midwayusa’s terminology is probably throwing you off. They are using the word product total when they should be using Cart total or something. If you look at you two examples my point still stands. With the code you spend $1299 and get $200 later to spend. Without you spend $1299 and that’s it.

Midwayusa’s terminology is probably throwing you off. They are using the word product total when they should be using Cart total or something. If you look at you two examples my point still stands. With the code you spend $1299 and get $200 later to spend. Without you spend $1299 and that’s it.
Except that’s not what we are seeing... I agree that’s how it should work but it isn’t.
With the code you spend 1500 on the scope and get 200 off for 1300.
Without the code you get 200 off for 1300.
So what good is the promo code if it removes the sale price and is the same in the end without it?

Last edited:
Except that’s not what we are seeing...
With the code you spend 1500 on the scope and get 200 off for 1300
So what good is the code if it’s the same without it.

This is like the equivalent of that stupid internet blue or Black dress thing 🤪

With your two examples above, you spent the same money correct? So which option gives you a $200 gift card to spend later. And which option gives you nothing. That’s all we’re saying.

Except that’s not what we are seeing...
With the code you spend 1500 on the scope and get 200 off for 1300
So what good is the code if it’s the same without it.
The cart does show a $200 gift card, in addition to the scope. Maybe it is just the most confusing way to show a sale, ever. Maybe they send you a used/void gift card...

Uhhh... With the code it adds a $200 gift card to the cart and adds a $200 credit to the order. So you spend $1299 + tax and get $200 to spend later.

Except that’s not what we are seeing... I agree that’s how it should work but it isn’t.
With the code you spend 1500 on the scope and get 200 off for 1300.
So what good is the promo code if it removes the sale price and is the same in the end without it?

When I tried clicking on the link to add the code it did not work correctly. I had to enter the code in the slot manually. Then it added the gift card to my cart. The scope is discounted to whatever price for the model you are looking at with out entering a code. Just add to cart. the promo code adds the gift card for 200 and your total remains the same for which ever model you pick. As demonstrated in the screen shots in the above posts.

Looking at the shots again I see its not showing exactly what we were saying my mistake. Try entering the code manually. I know it can work correctly because I had a cart ready for check out. that was as i said. 1299 with a 200 dollar gift card in cart. I think i want something else though.

Last edited:
I was going to buy a XRS II and started the process but I didn’t see where I’d pay $1299 AND get a $200 gift card so I stopped.

If someone has completed the purchase and actually received the gift card to use later, please chime in on exactly how the process worked.

I was going to buy a XRS II and started the process but I didn’t see where I’d pay $1299 AND get a $200 gift card so I stopped.

If someone has completed the purchase and actually received the gift card to use later, please chime in on exactly how the process worked.
Check out the post directly above yours. Note that the second pic shows the cart with a scope and a gift card. Total price is $1299.99 + tax on both. Midway could have set this up in a more confusing way, though I am at a loss for how...

Though, no, I have not completed the purchase, nor received the gift card...