• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell XRS2 and DMR2 for a steal on Midway

So, I did move forward on the DMR scope. I have one already and like it.

So, list is supposedly $2173 - although I'm sure no one pays that. Normal Midway price is $1200, which I think is on the high side but not outrageous. Then marked down to $900, which I think is a good price. Then click on special promotion and they also send you a $100 gift card (although for some reason it looks like I will be getting 2 $100 gift cards). Since I'm going to need rings for this as well, I'll use the gift card to defray the cost of the rings. So I'm basically getting the scope for $900 and $100 (or maybe $200) off of whatever scope rings I end up buying - which I think is a pretty good deal.

If I hadn't bought this scope, I probably would have picked up a Vortex Razor HD Gen 2. Yes, I know it's a better scope, but it would have been a bunch more money. And again, I already own one DMR and found it's performance satisfactory for my uses - mostly shooting steel out to 800+ yards.

The DMRII is a step up from the DMR. The only thing that is the same is the body of the scope.

Is the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR II Rifle Scope 34mm Tube 3.5-21x 50mm ($900) the scope to get or the one that Doug was selling for a bit cheaper? I am looking to replace a PST2 5-25 and don't necessarily need the higher range mag past 20x

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Is the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR II Rifle Scope 34mm Tube 3.5-21x 50mm ($900) the scope to get or the one that Doug was selling for a bit cheaper? I am looking to replace a PST2 5-25 and don't necessarily need the higher range mag past 20x

If you're referring to the Athlon Cronus....understand that the bushnell has a 50mm objective while the cronus has a 56mm one. I am an optics newbie, but from what I understand that can lead to worse performance in low light conditions. Although there's lots of other factors that come in to play as well (glass quality, etc).

I just received my XRS2 and have two minor complaints:
1) the sunshade seems to bottom against something in the gap in the threads rather than between the housing and shade's OD;
2) the FDE is a different, darker shade than the LRTS'.

Otherwise, it looks good. Need to get it on a rifle to compare.

Edit: the sunshade has an o-ring so it feels differently when it seats than most.

Last edited:
Mine XRS3 is going back. There's a bunch of dust/dirt inside the tube that's evident outside roughly the 20mil hash. With concentric rings of dust very noticeable at the 6-8 o'clock position.

As I said above, glass is subjective - but my eyeballs definitely disagree with yours on comparison to a Razor gen 2.

I’ll be another odd one... I had Two DMRII’s. Sold one to fund a Razor Gen 2 EBR-7C. The Razor is nice, but I personally don’t care for the reticle, I prefer the G3. Glass on the DMRII really is nice. I haven’t got behind the pro, but I have with the XRSII. I might sell this Razor and get the XRS.

LEGIT scopes...........

Compared to two Athlon Cronus BTR.............I like the XRS II better. Optically, the resolution is slightly better in the Bushy. The G3 reticle is also "better" in my opinion for hunting applications. Brightness, color..........seem exactly the same to me. Bushnell had less CA when viewing the same objects.....neither have any of much significance.

I will say this, with either the Cronus or Bushnell............you would really be doing yourself a disservice if you don't spend some time tuning/tweaking the fast focus eye pieces to get the best optical performance for YOUR EYES.

With both scopes, I have less than 90 degree rotation......."sweet spot" on the ocular "reticle" focus for optimum clarity.

And, FYI>>>>>>>>>>>
I used my $200 "gift card" toward my 2nd Flat Dark Earth XRS II, for a total of $1100 at checkout (with of course another $200 gift card, making it $900 in my eyes, as I buy from Midwayusa frequently).

Optically, the Bushnell XRS II surprises me..................it's that good.

I have a Gen II Razor, but didn't have it out to compare directly with the Bushnell today. I don't think it's any better than my Cronus BTR's for clarity or resolution. Only thing the Gen II has on either is field of view.

kdqygEq.jpg

I received the replacement XRS2 from Midway (super easy return) and it doesn't have any of the dirt/debris issues of the first. Will need to spend some time behind it to get a better feel, but (aside from a few annoyances) it seems really nice.

I received the replacement XRS2 from Midway (super easy return) and it doesn't have any of the dirt/debris issues of the first. Will need to spend some time behind it to get a better feel, but (aside from a few annoyances) it seems really nice.
Such an odd deal. Glad you got a replacement. When Midway gets that one back to us it'll certainly be going back to LOW to be reworked.

I bought the XRS II for the $1299 that came with the $200 cert. Applied that cert to buy the DMR II that was $899....so I got the DMR II for $699. In my eyes that is as good as it gets, especially for the DMR II. Plus I got another $100 cert with the DMR II.

I compared both my Razor G2's to my XRS II....I absolutely love my G2's, but the glass in the XRS II edged them out in resolution.

Also compared the DMR II to the XRS II...no surprise the XRS is better, but the DMR II is no slouch for what they are being sold for.

Right now you can go to the Bushnell web site and buy a DMR 2 Pro for 1200.

Bah, looks like the Midway deal is over. I guess I shouldn’t complain, I got in on the XRS II at $1299 and used the $200 for free rings (thanks OP) and after using it for a couple weeks I really wanted another for consistency on another rifle.
Glass is good, eyebox is comfortable, and I really like the G3 reticle. Length and weight is nice, I like the zero stop too. All around just really happy for that kind of money.
If anyone sees Midway return that deal for their remaining stock please post it up.

Bah, looks like the Midway deal is over. I guess I shouldn’t complain, I got in on the XRS II at $1299 and used the $200 for free rings (thanks OP) and after using it for a couple weeks I really wanted another for consistency on another rifle.
Glass is good, eyebox is comfortable, and I really like the G3 reticle. Length and weight is nice, I like the zero stop too. All around just really happy for that kind of money.
If anyone sees Midway return that deal for their remaining stock please post it up.

I sent Midway a message about the recent promotion happening again and I was told there wasn’t anything planned for the foreseeable future. Which is a bummer because I was in the market for some and Bushnell sent Midway the rest of the inventory so there’s no ability to purchase through the VIP program.

I feel your pain. I guess I should have jumped on that, because I'm strange and actually kind of like the G3 as well. Some small improvements would make it even better though.

Far as I know, next best deal on these is what GA Precision has going on.

The only ones we have in stock for VIP are DMR II Pro, and the HDMR II-CR.

1603717493084.png

@Team RCBS & Bushnell on the lower end of the spectrum what's the difference between the Prime and Engage 1-4x24 scopes? Looks like turret knobs and maybe the illumination switch; where the prime has off every other position.

@Team RCBS & Bushnell on the lower end of the spectrum what's the difference between the Prime and Engage 1-4x24 scopes? Looks like turret knobs and maybe the illumination switch; where the prime has off every other position.
The 1-4x32 Prime is the American market Prime (Multi-X reticle). It's a 1" tube, no illumination, made in SK, is IPX7 waterproof, has EXO Barrier.

The 1-4x24 Prime is the EU market (CM turrets, German #4) Prime we recently opened up to the U.S. market. It's a 30mm tube, made in SK, has illumination, EXO Barrier, is IPX7 waterproof.

The 1-4x Engage is a EU market scope (CM turrets, German #4) we just brought to the U.S. market. It has a 30mm tube, is made in China, has illumination, has EXO Barrier, is only IPX4 water resistant, and it's a decent bit longer than the Prime 1-4x24 - This may be a good thing if trying to mount it on a longer action.

IMO, the Prime 1-4x24 is an unbeatable value. We're currently out of stock on them though. If you need a 1-4x and illuminated, the Engage is a fine way to go. If you don't need illumination, that 1-4x32 is pretty bright and has the biggest eyebox of them all as it has the largest objective lens.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have been looking at the Bushnell DMR II and XRS II scopes on Midway. Yesterday the XRS was $1600 and today it dropped to $1100 (G3 reticle; the other two are slightly less). The non-illuminated DMR is $750.

This seems like a great deal on these scopes. I'm taking the chance that the XRS is worth $350 more than the DMR.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have been looking at the Bushnell DMR II and XRS II scopes on Midway. Yesterday the XRS was $1600 and today it dropped to $1100 (G3 reticle; the other two are slightly less). The non-illuminated DMR is $750.

This seems like a great deal on these scopes. I'm taking the chance that the XRS is worth $350 more than the DMR.
It is!

I got a couple XRSIIs and DMRIIs from that deal for loaner guns. Definitely like the XRSII more, $1000 with an H59 was a smoking deal. There is a difference in glass performance that is apparent side by side, but I still think the DMRII was a steal for the price.
If I could only pick one though...XRSII all day.

Last edited:
Far as I know, next best deal on these is what GA Precision has going on.

The only ones we have in stock for VIP are DMR II Pro, and the HDMR II-CR.

View attachment 7454585
What is next then? Xrs3? And when is release dates?

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
I’m really trying not to buy this right now and hold out for a razor. How would you compare the xrs II to it? I really like the ebrc7 reticle.

I’m really trying not to buy this right now and hold out for a razor. How would you compare the xrs II to it? I really like the ebrc7 reticle.
I went from a 3-18 razor to an XRS II. I prefer the simpler G3 reticle and this thing is just as clear to my eyes. I don’t remember the numbers for field of view.

I went from a 3-18 razor to an XRS II. I prefer the simpler G3 reticle and this thing is just as clear to my eyes. I don’t remember the numbers for field of view.
Well you guys aren’t making it any easier that’s for sure.