• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buyers Beware!! Total Disgrace to our Passion

Re: Buyers Beware!! Total Disgrace to our Passion

Question, and it is just that, a question.

Doesn't Jered's explanation of the condition of the rifle along with Brad conceding that the rifle is not fit for use PROVE that the allegations are correct and the op is credible.

What exactly do you concede as being credible? Do you have to have a bunch of posts on the Hide to be credible?

I agree, maybe his methods were not the best choice. But to discard his post as trash because his post count isn't high enough is a diservice.

Even the most basic inspection by a gunsmith would be enough to find the ruined crown.
What reputable gunsmith would sell a rifle that was unsafe ?
What reputable gunsmith would sell a rifle he had not inspected ?

Note to self: don't buy anything on gunbroker or egay or any other auction site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Note to self: don't buy anything on gunbroker or egay or any other auction site. </div></div>

Right from the owl's mouth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: virus51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question, and it is just that, a question.

Doesn't Jered's explanation of the condition of the rifle along with Brad conceding that the rifle is not fit for use PROVE that the allegations are correct and the op is credible.

What exactly do you concede as being credible? Do you have to have a bunch of posts on the Hide to be credible?

I agree, maybe his methods were not the best choice. But to discard his post as trash because his post count isn't high enough is a diservice. </div></div>

Very good point; here's my my 2¢,

Lofty, resident of knoxville, TN, standing up for fellow resident. I like that, but you are an utterly foolish person on more than one account.

After all the readings herein, you still choose to exercise ignorance and show no empathy towards the op, and have total disregard to any fashion at all. It is hard to change course is it not? Once your mind is settled; is it not hard to say you are wrongful?

Bottom line is this mister.

-A customer was ripped off by purchasing something that was completely fallacious.

-The op <span style="font-weight: bold">did</span> exhaust his efforts trying to contact the seller. What part of simple math do you not see?

-The op sent the rifle into another well respected smith "that is a member here on the Hide" to have some work done on it; "perhaps to have it actually looked at, who knows" and sure as shit, the rifle didn't fit the description. As a matter of fact, it wasn't even close.

Who cares who agrees or disagrees on timeline's bla bla bla. He was sold a POS, and it wasn't taken care of in a reasonible amount of time, and should be fully reimbursed.

The op came here for help and advice because he was getting the run around. He made a few wise choices and because of that, he will most likely be set back on track instead of astray.

As far as this smith sounding like a real nice man on the phone... ...Of course he does... ...How many smith's do you know that are not nice on the phone? They wouldn't last if they were not nice. How many scam artist do you think are a-holes on the phone or in person?

Regardless of opinion I hope there is a peaceful resolution on this matter.

Much respect,
-Sv

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bebop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info on Rock Barrels guys. I Guess I'll just give it another month or two then :-/

RobG, I completely agree with your thinking. The problem has been/is, that Brad is so hard to get a hold of, that I think the probability of getting my money back is a lot smaller than the probability of getting a new Barrel out of him. If I can ever get Brad on the phone again though, at this point, I'd prefer to just mail him back this messed up rifle, and start over! However, I don't really trust him enough to mail the rifle back first, and then wait for a Money Order... and I highly doubt he's gonna mail me a MO without the rifle.

Well, I'm gonna keep trying to call. Maybe the heavens will part and I'll finally get a hold of him this week?

-Bebop </div></div>

Bebop - why wait for a Rock Creek barrel when you can just buy one today at http://www.bugholes.com/rock-creek-barrels.php?cal=All

And if they do not have the Rock Creek you want then check out their inventory for Krieger, Obermeyer and Brux. They are all top notch barrels and would suit you fine.

See Buhgoles here on the 'Hide. He'll get you set up. For $300 + change I wouldn't wait. Just order your barrel.

Since the OP paid with postal money orders is it possible that he could get the Postal Inspectors involved?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: virus51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question, and it is just that, a question.

I agree, maybe his methods were not the best choice. But to discard his post as trash because his post count isn't high enough is a diservice. </div></div>

i don't think anyone is doubting the condition of the rifle after jerad's response. the problem is the op never showed the original gun broker ad or the emails between the dealer and himself describing the rifle and it's condition. i know that if i buy something, i keep all that stuff handy until i know i am satisfied with the transaction. the op would leave less doubt if he would have posted these things in his first post. maybe the rifle was advertised as a basket case? maybe there was no gun broker ad and the rifle came from somewhere else? who knows?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i don't think anyone is doubting the condition of the rifle after jerad's response. the problem is the op never showed the original gun broker ad or the emails between the dealer and himself describing the rifle and it's condition. i know that if i buy something, i keep all that stuff handy until i know i am satisfied with the transaction. the op would leave less doubt if he would have posted these things in his first post. maybe the rifle was advertised as a basket case? maybe there was no gun broker ad and the rifle came from somewhere else? who knows? </div></div>

The gunsmith saw the ad and said it wasn't even close to what was advertised.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was linked to this thread from this thread…….

Unrelated to the OP of this one but maybe the Brad guy is a total dick.... </div></div>

Beat me to it.......

maybe this guy can take the worst run shop title from savage shooter supply (SSS) - at least they actually turn out a good product (though possibly incomplete)- when you finally get it

Ooookay. This has all gone on long enough!! Time to play hardball. Get ready for a long one!

First of all, just to remind everyone where Brad and I last stood – as of my post on 04/23/12 @ 01:04 AM – Brad had admitted to the fact that he messed up and sent me a completely disgraceful rifle. Brad claimed that he didn’t build the rifle, and in the sake of being nice, I was willing to let Brad save face and earn his reputation back; just so long as he tried very hard on his end to “make things right.” The first step was to send me the barrel he promised he would order back in January/February when he was at SHOT Show. (posted: 01/20/12 @ 01:49 PM) That being a Rock Creek M40 taper, 1/11 twist.

Jered @ APA had verified that the gun was not as described (posted: 01/08/12 @ 08:37 PM), and was completely useless as a “Precision” weapon. Not only was it useless, but it was in fact dangerous to its user and those around it. Those familiar with GunBroker know that the auction pages don’t stick around forever. I’m sure Brad and his “local buddies” are happy about this, but unfortunately for them, I printed off a copy of the Auction ; ) See Below for attached JPEG.

The Rifle was GunBroker Item# 251428216. I recopied the auction description verbatim in my very first post: 01/06/12 @ 12:45 AM. You can see by comparing my post to the JPEG I’ve attached that I did not lie or make things up. Besides, the fact that the gun did not match the description (and wasn’t even close!) was already verified by Jered @ APA before the auction page disappeared, just like other members (Daybreak / SteelVenom / Etc) have pointed out.

GunBroker Ad
sciacca-wi

After I made my last post inquiring about lead-times on Rock Creek barrels (posted: 04/23/12 @ 01:04 AM), I once again received helpful information / advice from some kind members here on the Hide. Just to remind the critics, THAT is why I created this thread: for help/advice. I did NOT just sign online and start bashing somebody’s name. I created a thread on the Hide to receive HELP and ADVICE from people in the industry who are more knowledgeable than myself; and that is exactly what I have received. Hell, if I didn’t post on the Hide I would have never even heard about Jered, and instead would have potentially injured somebody at the range with my “rifle” that I received from Brad. Also, I started this thread after TWO MONTHS of getting the runaround via email, text, and phone. All while Brad continued to remain active selling guns on GunBroker. This thread was a LAST RESORT. Not a first. Remember that critics!

Anyways, some helpful members on the Hide informed me that a 3,4,5,6,etc month wait time was pretty standard on Rock Creek barrels. So, I decided to hang tight and pray for the best. During that time I have been living my life and working 70-80 hour weeks helping to open a restaurant. Restaurant business is tough – especially opening one – and most fail in their very first year. Not only is the work hard, not only do you have personnel issues and equipment issues and issues with your suppliers, but you also have websites like Yelp.com and Urbanspoon.com where completely ignorant and uneducated "foodies" can sign online and ruthlessly attack your good name. Here’s an excerpt from a “review” of a very well-regarded, famous restaurant in the Princeton area: “All others were rookies, poorly trained, knew nothing about the food, were stupid arrogant dumbasses, and didn't know how to interact with human beings. You cannot retrain people who have not had proper role models in their parents. They are irreparably broken.” He gave the restaurant “1 out of 5” stars.

Wow. Harsh, isn’t it? That is a 4-star restaurant coming under attack from just one patron who happened to be unhappy with his service that evening. He did not spend over $1000 like I did on Brad's gun. He did not buy a weapon that could have exploded 6" from his head. He was ruthlessly attacking people because his soup was cold. Or maybe, his steak wasn't perfect. I don't know what world you live in (people on here treating ME like the enemy), but I live in a world where my restaurant's good name can come under fire at anytime from some 20-year old girl that's angry we don't serve Tofu. Go to Yelp sometime. You can spend WEEKS on there looking at people that personally attack servers and hardworking cooks, both of whom are making less than minimum wage. These types of people are so unhappy with their own lives, that they need to take their anger out on a complete stranger that they treat like a verbal punching bag! This is all over $20-$30 dinners... not $1100, like I gave Brad for a gun he promised would be a "shooter."

Anyways, this angry customer went on to write a 3-page rant completely BASHING the entire establishment. He personally attacked complete strangers by claiming they had horrible parents, bad role models, and came from broken homes!! Hahaha. Yes, these are the type of people I get to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

Yet, for every asshole I have to deal with, I get 20-30 people who tell me that I “changed their lives,” or “helped give them one of the best meals of their lives.” I get people who hug me, and girls that flirt with me. I love what I do… despite the ignorant, arrogant, jaded assholes. I’m good at what I do… and that’s what allows me to keep doing it, day-in, and day-out.

When I get those assholes who accuse me (or my staff) of making mistakes - when in fact we were doing a very good job - I still have to swallow my pride, act as if they are correct, and offer them something else that would make them happy. That is part of owning a business. That is something called CUSTOMER SERVICE. Just ask Smith & Wesson. Just ask Springfield Armory. Just ask anyone who has earned a reputation for being “great” with loyal customers. Ask Jered @ APA!

That is not at all what happened here, however! I did NOT just sign online and start bashing Brad. On the contrary, I have been as patient as a saint. I have given Brad THREE chances to make things right, and after almost 12 months of giving me the runaround, he is still refusing to fix his mistake. I guarantee you that if Jered sold somebody a crappy rifle, shipped it to them, and then disappeared for 2 months – as Brad did with me – not answering emails, phone calls, etc… that he would come back ASAP, explain that an emergency had just happened, publicly apologize profusely, and do everything he possibly could to make things right. Why? Because he’s passionate about what he does, has integrity, and prides himself on his reputation. People would forget all about the thread that somebody started, and instead only remember that Jered had a rough break, came back and did everything he possibly could to keep his customers happy.

What has happened to me is nothing like that. There was NO customer service offered. Not ever. Only lies and empty promises. And those only AFTER I waited several months and started this thread. I have been lied to, given the run around, promised retribution, lied to again, promised retribution AGAIN, and then lied to AGAIN… Now I'm getting taunted by Brad’s “local buddies,” who have signed onto the Hide (in his stead) to protect his bruised ego?? And then, they had the AUDACITY to accuse me of being the bad guy here??? Daring me to give "proof," or publicly air out all our dirty laundry like teenagers? Claiming I’m a nobody and have no credibility and I’m a jerk who’s just trying to be mean…?

OK. So be it.
Here is a timeline:

- I bought my “gun” from Brad back in October of 2011. Here’s the email:

To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:54 AM
Subject: YOUR PURCHASE HAS BEEN SHIPPED
Good Morning Mr. Sxxxxx,

Your purchase, Remington 700 .308 Tactical Custom Built Rifle has been processed for shipping with the following information:

SHIP DATE; 10/05/2011
SHIP TO ADDRESS; EATON INDST., LLC / FLETCHER ARMS
C/O FRANK
1441 E MAIN ST.
WAUKESHA, WI. 53186
SHIPPING METHOD; UPS GROUND SERVICE
TRACKING #; 1Z 13W 33V 03 9423 5295
DELIVERY DATE; GUARANTEED BY END OF DAY
FRIDAY, 10/07/2011

We at Long Range Precision wish to thank you once again for your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.

In Appreciation,
LRP

Have a great afternoon!
Debbie~LRP

- I still have the USPS Money Order Stub that I can supply as verification of the purchase!

- The DAY that the “rifle” arrived at my FFL, the man working the counter that day (Mike) – and who was logging my rifle into their books – looked at the gun and said, “why isn’t the caliber marked on the barrel? That’s a big no-no! What caliber is this?” To which I responded, “.308 Sir.”

- So, I immediately went home and started this thread: https://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2835115

- At that point I learned that it was the smith’s job to mark the barrel, even if it was a “custom job,” and immediately emailed Brad to see what the deal was. This is also the time that I learned about Jered @ APA. Brad never got back to me, but somebody named “Debbie” did, and she emailed me saying that “Brad was not around, and that he would get back to me as soon as he got back.”

- No one from LRP ever got back to me about this issue. Not after MANY attempts of trying to reach them. Here’s the email I sent to Brad:

“From: <[email protected]>
To: LONG RANGE PRECISION <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2011 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: YOUR PURCHASE HAS BEEN SHIPPED
Hello,

I picked up the gun today…
I'm looking forward to mounting a scope on it and taking it to the range to see if it's as accurate as I've heard!

I had a couple of questions with the barrel, however. There is no marking on the barrel anywhere - doesn't say the caliber, rock creek... nothing. Is this normal for his barrels?

Also, do you know what the specs of the barrel are - as in the contour?

Best Regards,
Jxxx.”

- Regarding the whole “accurate as I heard” line in the email above, that was in reference to these emails that Brad sent me verifying that the gun was ready to shoot (this is just 3 out of the 10 or 12 emails I sent/have):

To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item 251428216

Good Evening Mr. Sxxxx,

This Remington 700 308 has had less than 20 rounds through it. These were for break in purposes on the barrel. The action was brand new and had never been fired either.

Thanks,
Brad @ LRP

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:49 PM
Hello J.S.,

This stock will accept several different types and brands of the detachable magazines. One of the easiest to install that I have found is the one from AcurateMag. In most cases you can install them yourself. This rifle does have a custom after market barrel on it, so it will definantly out shoot and factory Remington 700.

Have a great afternoon!
Debbie~LRP

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:13 PM
Hello J.S.,

This rifle has one of the original 700 style triggers in it that has had a trigger job done. I do have the junk X-Mark triggers if that is the trigger you prefer. It has a factory BDL floor plate, not the detachable magazine.

Thanks,
Brad @ LRP

- Note!! Brad / Debbie replied to my emails about 12 times before I gave them my money. Then, after they had my money, Nothing. Not even a SLIGHT effort to get back to me. That doesn't smell fishy to you critics??? Come on. You can't be THAT naive ; )

- After receiving the gun, emailing Brad about the Barrel, and receiving no reply… I then (literally the same week that I received the gun) mailed it down to Jered @ APA to install a Little Bastard brake.

- As we all know, Jered is a busy guy, and he informed me there was a queue of guns, and he’d get to mine ASAP.

- THAT is why there was a month delay before I realized how bad the rifle was. I did NOT “wait” to inform Brad anything. On the contrary, I contacted him THE DAY I RECEIVED THE GUN (as proven by the email above). The only “wait” was for Jered to inspect the rifle. Again, I informed Brad on October 8th that there was an issue with the rifle, as indicated in the email above.

- Jered contacted me in November and explained my “gun” was actually just a dangerous paperweight.

- I then called/emailed/and did everything I could to contact Brad… all to no avail.

- Again, despite being very communicative before I gave Brad my money, I heard NOTHING afterwards. Yet, during this whole time of me trying to contact him, he was still selling guns on GunBroker!

- AFTER many, many attempts to get Brad (or “Debbie”) to resolve this issue, I started this thread on SnipersHide for HELP (January).

- Maybe if Brad cleaned out his Voicemail box, opened his emails, and answered his phone, he would have heard from me sooner than the “six months after I received the rifle,” like he had his “local buddies” try to claim for him on this thread in his defense. But I have a STRONG feeling that he CHOSE to not respond to me.

- Finally, Jered currently has the gun at his shop and can supply any pictures of the gun, demonstrating that what Brad said has all been a big fat lie, and my "rifle" is a useless piece of junk!

- This leaves absolutely no room for “argument” or “debate.” Just the fact that Brad is in the wrong. That Brad made a mistake. And that Brad has made it VERY hard for me to resolve his mistake.

So, what do I want?
At first I wanted to handle this like civilized men and just get the barrel I paid for... allowing Brad to save face...

But now,
First, I want an apology from Brad for WASTING MY TIME!
Second, I want him to give me the Rock Creek Barrel he promised me (as retribution for the original lie) back in January.
Third, I want my $1100 back!!
I will put that money towards Jered building me an actual “rifle” that I can trust my life to.
Finally, I want to keep the pile of junk Brad gave me (the action and the stock), and give it to Jered as something he can make into a backup rifle. At this point, after what I've been through, I think that is MORE than a fair deal for Brad.
Only if Brad does that, can I recommend him to future patrons. I think that at this point that is what is necessary for him to prove that he’s a credible vendor and a man of his word. Especially after screwing me over THREE times now. Making me wait almost 12 months to get only a PORTION of what I paid for (a Rock Creek barrel), when I still have to pay Jered out of pocket for the action to be blueprinted, the stock bedded, the barrel threaded, etc etc etc that was all listed by Brad in the original auction description.

Finally, I was buying this rifle for my father, so that he and I could enjoy it together. My father recently retired, and I have been trying to spend a bit more time at the range with a man that I hardly got to know. I man that was always working 2 or 3 jobs, 70-90 hours a week, trying to put food on the table. I was really looking forward to a gun that was promised to work… that is why I emailed Brad close to A DOZEN TIMES BEFORE I BOUGHT THE RIFLE FROM HIM. Instead of receiving what I paid for, I have wasted a year of my life sucked into drama, instead of spending that time with my aging father. This has turned into a pathetic stream of pointless internet debates with people defending a man who can’t seem to take ownership for his own mistakes. My father has no “fun guns.” Only hunting rifles that start to overheat after only 3 or 4 shots of 30-06. This rifle was going to be our toy, so that we could spend Sundays on the range popping off 50-100 rounds of .308, while he would hopefully open up to me about the days he was younger and sent to Vietnam, or when he met my mother. I hope to resolve this soon so that my father and I can become closer friends. If you still have doubts after reading this post, if you still can’t take ownership for your mistakes and say,” I’m really sorry man, I fucked up. But I’m going to make sure I fix it…” Well, then that’s pretty messed up!

Godspeed, brothers here who have helped me, or tried to have my back!! It means the world to me!
To the others, well, I’ll just pray that you learn how to behave before it’s too late! Because I’m sure there are people close to you who are suffering, and you don’t even realize it because you’re too busy being angry at the world.

-Bebop

Wow that guy is a piece of shit. I hope you get your money back.

Did you file a claim with gunbroker? They have buyer protection, at the very least they may shut him down.

Holy crap, i wander if he is partners with TR.

I can't even stay on task long enough to read "your long post". Dammit

I was searching on the internet for Brad Richardson of Long Range Precision and came across this thread. I wish I had done my research before, but I too got screwed by him. I had contacted him to do some custom threading work for a thread protector, paid via paypal gift - $60, when he quoted me about 10-14 days. That was 3 months ago.

Basically, he was very quick in replying to emails before I paid, and afterwards has never ever replied to the 6-7 emails I sent him. I can see him active on google email chat and I tried sending a message that way (no reply), and I looked up his number to call him but was never able to get through.

Losing $60 bucks I can live with, but at the same time I would urge everyone to STAY AWAY from this guy who is just a TOTAL FRAUD. You all have been warned. Don't ever take a chance on someone who has the potential to do something like this with a customer.

We have never ever sold a barrel directly to Brad Richardson or Long Range Precision nor do I have any barrels on order from him or Long Range Precision, so unfortunately you will be waiting a long time if that's the story he is sticking to. Sorry for your troubles but I can offer you a barrel at gunsmith cost if you are interested as I do have a couple extra M24/M40 barrels here.

Paul Tolvstad
Rock Creek Barrels

The offer from Cut Rifles above is extremely generous! Sorry for the turd you had to deal with, but sometimes, we just reach a point where we have to cut our losses, and chalk it up to a "lesson learned". I'm glad you posted who this guy is, where he is, and what name he sells under. I'll be sure to stay away from him. Sorry, again, for your hassle. :(

Reading threads like this I find myself surprised I don't watch reality-tv train-wrecks. Clearly I get a kick out of these soap operas more than I'm willing to admit.

Then again, they really are useful.

First, they often reveal who the bad guys are so I know who to avoid doing business with.

Second, they also can reveal who the good guys are. I'm talking about Paul Tolvstad in this case. He not only took the time to search his records to verify some of the information provided, but offered a guy who got burned a great deal to help him out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanTarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Police can always correct fraud. </div></div>

LOL.

Fraud is a civil matter...
Maybe in your state. Not in mine.

We have never ever sold a barrel directly to Brad Richardson or Long Range Precision nor do I have any barrels on order from him or Long Range Precision, so unfortunately you will be waiting a long time if that's the story he is sticking to. Sorry for your troubles but I can offer you a barrel at gunsmith cost if you are interested as I do have a couple extra M24/M40 barrels here.

Paul Tolvstad
Rock Creek Barrels

+1 ^ Now That's customer service, good for you Paul

Sorry to hear about you troubles. I have bought and sold many firearms over Gunbroker. I have sold guns for a much $4800 (1900 American Eagle 7.62 DMW) and last month bought one that cost me $4050. I have had complaints and they were resolved to my satisfaction. I have had folks complain about penny anny shit and I have told them if you don't like it send it back and I will refund your money. I have never had a gun returned and suspect that the buyers were looking for a price break.
If buying on line you must get an inspection and approval time in writing and not on the phone. If I have a question I post it on line or thru the selling site such a Gunbroker. I always pay with a postal money order as if the seller does not follow thru as agreed it becomes a case of postal mail fraud. I have one case of a rifle that I paid for that was not delivered. After several unsuccesful attempts to contact the seller I sent them an email telling them that without a prompt response I would open a case with the postal inspector. No response but six days later I had a check in hand.
I hope this can help someone from making a mistake. Don't buy used "as is" on line. You may not come out ahead.
I hope this issue will be resolved to your satifaction.
It is hardly worth a dealers while to not have you satisfied as there are many sites where you may post your disapproval and this will cost the dealer business in the long run as when one researches the company on line negative postings will stand out.

sorry if this was already brought up. after a quick search of this guys company, i found his facebook page. the first thing youll notice is what looks to be a big picture of a 700 in one of those tube chassis. i might be wrong but it looks to me that 700 is rocking a sweet ass counter sniper scope! maybe a little bit of a red flag

Since the OP paid with postal money orders is it possible that he could get the Postal Inspectors involved?

Yes, if it was not as described, and he cashed the USPS Money Order, it could be Mail Fraud. I would contact the Postal Inspectors.