• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories BUYERS BEWARE !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneShot63

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2017
Just want to get this out there that I have just been scammed by a member that went by brainstodart and his accomplices Don Franks and Gary Wright [email protected] Is where the payment went.
Thought I was purchasing a Spuhr SP-4001 for $350.00, dude sent me pictures with hand written dates and it all look legit. NOT, ripped me off for the cash.
So I just wanted to post up and make sure no one else gets taken for a ride like I did. Remember those names and do not deal with them.
Stay safe everyone and be good, because what comes around goes around and you can’t escape karma it will catch up with you when you least expect it too....
Valuable lessons to be learned, thank goodness is was only $350.00..
Thanks guys and gals...
Found the dude on FaceBook, his picture was on the PayPal transaction made it easy to locate. His company too Global Special Effects.
1594850258951.jpeg

Last edited:
This would be good in the PX feedback section. Not in the Accessories section. Report them to the Admins, tag them in the sale post if need be. Sorry to hear you got ripped off man!

I’m all for posting it everywhere. Obviously I’m not a admin but posting it in the more frequented sections seems appropriate to me to be able to warn the most people

Reactions: colorado_native
So let me get this straight... Some random guy on here says hey my buddy don Frank's has what your looking for here is his email and you fell for that???

WTB ads are exactly what these fucks look for, as others have said before, be extremely cautious when dealing with these types of transactions.

Reactions: Badfinger
WTB ads are exactly what these fucks look for, as others have said before, be extremely cautious when dealing with these types of transactions.
Yep, I'm on a bunch of random forums, and often when I'd see a matching WTB in one and a WTS in another, I'd match them up. I quit doing that like a year ago because the sheer amount of scammers just keeps growing and I didn't want someone I introduced to get scammed and for me to get caught up in it either.

Reactions: Kwe1982
where is the IP address from??
Not sure on the IP addy, dude was easy to locate he lives in Wisconsin found him on FaceBook. His picture was on the PayPal transaction along with company name... Googled it and wala there it was.... Ya know if someone feels good taking advantage of someone else for monetary reasons, they will get what’s coming ! Just don’t want to see anyone else here on the Hide get ripped off. For the most part all good people to deal with here, we just can’t let the garbage in.

Not sure on the IP addy, dude was easy to locate he lives in Wisconsin found him on FaceBook. His picture was on the PayPal transaction along with company name... Googled it and wala there it was.... Ya know if someone feels good taking advantage of someone else for monetary reasons, they will get what’s coming ! Just don’t want to see anyone else here on the Hide get ripped off. For the most part all good people to deal with here, we just can’t let the garbage in.

if thats the case, call the local police department where he lives and file a report. when i search him it says he lives in Alabama . you might have posted the wrong guys picture. The mods should be able to tell you the ip address so you can find out where he is from

Last edited:
What are the chances a scammer used his actual picture on his paypal. My money says he found a picture on the internet of an seemingly normal couple and used it.

if thats the case, call the local police department where he lives and file a report. when i search him it says he lives in Alabama . you might have posted the wrong guys picture. The mods should be able to tell you the ip address so you can find out where he is from
Picture matches picture on PayPal account, same dude and same company name on FaceBook. I will correct myself on his location, you are correct, lives in Lexington Alabama and from Chicago Illinois. I have sent him several emails asking to refund the $$$ with no response at all. I guess it could be possible someone hacked his PayPal account, but that seems doubtful. Live and learn that’s what we do, eventually things will catch up with those kind of people then they pay the price for admission. I would love to have the money back but that is wishful thinking on my behalf.... Just don’t want to see anyone else be taken advantage of.

Last edited:
When in doubt get a pic of the item with the sellers ID

Someone with 1 post responded to a WTB ad I put up and I got a deal on a high end rifle so. It every one is a scammer

Reactions: BCX
Picture matches picture on PayPal account, same dude and same company name on FaceBook. I will correct myself on his location, you are correct, lives in Lexington Alabama and from Chicago Illinois. I have sent him several emails asking to refund the $$$ with no response at all. I gues it could be possible someone hacked his PayPal account, but that seems doubtful. Live and learn that’s what we do, eventually things will catch up with those kind of people then they pay the price for admission. I would love to have the money back but that is wishful thinking on my behalf.... Just don’t want to see anyone else be taken advantage of.

i agree with you and I am on your side but its more than likely he just randomly made up or hacked a paypal account with info copied from facebook. No way to tell if that is his work email unless you contacted the company directly. No person with a full time job would scam someone with their work email, on the other hand i hope your right and its that easy to track him down

I'm sure the actual scammer is not the gentleman in the photo you have posted OP. Your guys are likely from the African continent, and their real names end with vowels.

my bet is Nigeria
Yep! These guys are actually pretty smart, and they run long con games too on old lonely men posing as a beautiful girl whom promises to marry them. Then they get these poor suckers to accept money either from a PayPal account or USPS money orders (how I got scammed once), and it's mailed to a physical US address. Unfortunately, these guys are pretty gullible and even if you write something like "vortex gen 2 rifle scope" on a usps money order they stupidly will cash this and still send their girlfriend (some big ass Nigerian dude ) the money via western union for their business with a promise to marry them soon.

They have moved on to doing this with PayPal, and that's the reason why if I don't know someone I will totally use PayPal regular or make them have an actual phone call or FaceTime/ video chat and show me the product. If they don't, don't trust them and don't transact with them. These guys are actually pretty well studied and they troll forums, learn the lingo, and can even photoshop a signed note that looks real (trust me I know from a few years ago and will never do so again).

The intermediary that acted on the scammers behalf in my case got confronted by the local PD in Pennsylvania and subsequently committed suicide which the police chief told me, after he realized he was acting as an intermediary for a Nigerian scammer and it was not a beautiful blond women from Michigan.

It really sucks to get scammed and that's why we as a forum must not fall victim to these guys. Pretty soon these guys will be providing feedback for each other's fake accounts and then we will be in trouble unless the mods have that figured out. Unfortunately IP addresses can sometimes bounce off a US server so it might not be easy to weed out.

Reactions: deersniper
  • Haha
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Any sale that starts out with "My friend has one" is almost always a scam from my experience.

Google image search is another HUGE tool to use to verify the picture is at least not super popular. I had someone try to sell me a gun I was looking for. I google image searched the picture and it was all over the internet and had been since 2001, this was 2015ish.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
Start out here:

He has to have access at some level there to have that email address.

Paypal is an anti 2nd amendment business any way, I refuse to us them for any transaction anywhere...........maybe you should "pay" attention, sorry you lost some money, but...................

Google image search is another HUGE tool to use to verify the picture is at least not super popular. I had someone try to sell me a gun I was looking for. I google image searched the picture and it was all over the internet and had been since 2001, this was 2015ish.
My favorites are the ads you find where the picture of an item is clearly a picture of the item being displayed on a computer monitor. Like the scammer didn't even bother to download and crop the image and re-upload it, they just took a picture of their monitor.

Runner up goes to the screenshot of a picture being displayed on their phone, especially if you can tell exactly which forum the image originally came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.