• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

buying an indian house and curry

In this housing market if you can buy it cheap enough and with a low enough interest-rate just move in and start fixing it up room by room. Within a week you won’t notice the curry smell anyway. It’s like the apartment I had at the end of an airport runway. Jets flew over so often that you didn’t even notice.

If you like the house it’s in a good neighborhood and it’s cheap you can get the smell out of it eventually and laugh all the way to the bank.

-joins forum about guns and shit
-decides first post should be racist screed about something other than guns
-picks 2 year old thread that was a useless dud of a thread anyway
-necromances that shit
-the usual suspects come out to join in the necromancy (strangely staying out of the racism for once)

Snipers Hide’s issues in a nutshell

brilliant

Last edited:
another indian family of 10 moved in and are trashing it even more. they only cut the grass 3 times all year, trash thru the yard. they were asking 360k, we offered 250k. obviously they didnt take our offer.

Do what the water and fire restoration guys do. Buy a $100 ozone generator (7000 to 10,000 mils per hour) go room by room, cool temps low humidity are best. With the room closed up set a fan behind the generator and run it 6 times for 10min, airing out in between. This will not only destroy all odors but any mold, bacteria, viruses and even gnats. If you have a forced air HVAC turn on the AC. This will clean the duct work as well. This is one I have. I used to make them, but you can't beat this.
VIVOSUN Industrial Commercial Ozone Generator, 10000mg/h O3 Air Purifier, Home Air Ionizers Machine for Rooms, Hotels and Farms

Necrothread, but just experienced this...

Neighbor for over 5 years was a chainsmoker - I had been in his house a few times and it would hit you like a brick wall the moment the front door opened.

Family decides to sell the house; and this is exactly what they did - they ran their own Ozone generator, I think they spent a couple weekends just popping in and moving it around. The smell was completely gone with no need to repaint, only the sofa was chucked out. You couldn't tell anyone had smoked in that house.

the Warden and i have been looking for a house for a few years. a house came to market in an area we both agree with. the only good thing is there are quite a few like minded folk, my sons best friend (for now, he's almost 11) and a few other hockey families in the cul-de-sac . on google maps, there appears to be dirt bike trails in the woods that connect to larger trail systems. the problem is there were about 12 people living there for 8 years and the smell of curry is......well.....there. i did a quick google search on removing the smell and it doesn't seem promising. it's an oil based spice and it covers everything. we are thinking of offering 110K less than asking price just because. the house has been on the market for just under 3 months and the 2 families we are close with are 2 doors down, each way.

does anyone here have any experience with this?
I bought a used microwave from some indians. Every time we used it, curry smell. My wife and I still laugh about it.

the Warden and i have been looking for a house for a few years. a house came to market in an area we both agree with. the only good thing is there are quite a few like minded folk, my sons best friend (for now, he's almost 11) and a few other hockey families in the cul-de-sac . on google maps, there appears to be dirt bike trails in the woods that connect to larger trail systems. the problem is there were about 12 people living there for 8 years and the smell of curry is......well.....there. i did a quick google search on removing the smell and it doesn't seem promising. it's an oil based spice and it covers everything. we are thinking of offering 110K less than asking price just because. the house has been on the market for just under 3 months and the 2 families we are close with are 2 doors down, each way.

Repaint, re-carpet, clean the kitchen top to bottom with Simple green, or an ammonia-based cleaner and a scrub brush.

Had some samoans, killz on the walls and new carpet, bleach the appliances