• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Buying NightForce NXS 3-15 F1. Missin anything?

308Shooter1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I have narrowed my scope search down to the Nightforce NSX 3-15 F1. I think it's a good choice as this is probably the last scope I will buy. I want a good scope for hunting as well as SHTF situations should my life ever depend on it(If anyone ever Invades). Is there anything else I should take a look at before I make this leap?

Re: Buying NightForce NXS 3-15 F1. Missin anything?

If theres one scope you can depend on no matter what it's a nightforce. They are by far the most reliable scopes I've ever used. The F1 is a extremely nice scope, has all the features you need at a pretty good price. Just make sure you get knobs to match the reticle, but I don't think they sell them any other way.

[ I want a good scope for hunting as well as SHTF situations should my life ever depend on it(If anyone ever Invades).

Are you not telling us something?

Is something ready to happen? Is it Libya? China? It's China isn't it!

Crap I shot up all my ammo last weekend!

You need those things needed to attach the scope to the rifle I think too...they're either called Duck Tape or scope rings, I can't remember which it is
wink.gif

F 1 comes with a pair of rings hope they are the right height.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Runamuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ I want a good scope for hunting as well as SHTF situations should my life ever depend on it(If anyone ever Invades).

</div></div>

With the crap going on these days nothing would suprise me. There are several natural disaster threats to the country not including all the countries that don't like us that could put somebody in a situation they would need something that would last. If the New Madrid fault went theres a good chance half the country would be under water, at the very least shit would definently hit the fan. There's a lot of weird crap going on right now, I don't believe the BP oil spill was a coincidence being where it was. There are reports of rovers on the bottom of the gulf because the plates are moving quite a bit there. FEMA has also sourced 14M MRE's and millions of emergency blankets for a disaster in the new madrid fault system.

That is just one example but there are plenty of reasons to have equipment that would last in a SHTF situation including terrorist attacks that could happen at any time. I find it funny people actually think a zombie apocalypse could happen but they overlook scenario's that are actually possible. Even an invasion would be very unlikely, but the chance of a large scale terrorist attack or natural disaster is very possible.

IF anyone ever invades?
I don't know if there has ever been a bigger invasion.

Nightforce +1

I dunno will we be invaded first, or will the Zombies suddenly start apearing??? Hmmmm either way I think the OH SHTFCK has happened.

Back on topic, the F1 will serve you well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Runamuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ I want a good scope for hunting as well as SHTF situations should my life ever depend on it(If anyone ever Invades).

</div></div>
Nah just watched a little to much "Jericho" and want to be ready, LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need those things needed to attach the scope to the rifle I think too...they're either called Duck Tape or scope rings, I can't remember which it is
wink.gif
.....</div></div>
LOL. You must be from south Louisiana too, LOL "Duct Tape"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Runamuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ I want a good scope for hunting as well as SHTF situations should my life ever depend on it(If anyone ever Invades).

</div></div>

With the crap going on these days nothing would suprise me. There are several natural disaster threats to the country not including all the countries that don't like us that could put somebody in a situation they would need something that would last. If the New Madrid fault went theres a good chance half the country would be under water, at the very least shit would definently hit the fan. There's a lot of weird crap going on right now, I don't believe the BP oil spill was a coincidence being where it was. There are reports of rovers on the bottom of the gulf because the plates are moving quite a bit there. FEMA has also sourced 14M MRE's and millions of emergency blankets for a disaster in the new madrid fault system.

That is just one example but there are plenty of reasons to have equipment that would last in a SHTF situation including terrorist attacks that could happen at any time. I find it funny people actually think a zombie apocalypse could happen but they overlook scenario's that are actually possible. Even an invasion would be very unlikely, but the chance of a large scale terrorist attack or natural disaster is very possible. </div></div>

Seriously?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Seriously? </div></div>

I don't want to take this any more off topic and that could have been worded better but yes I'm dead serious. If you don't want to believe a natural disaster or attack could strike that is just fine. If you would like to continue this further your welcome to PM me, this guy may want equipment that will last if SHTF but this isn't the topic or section for SHTF discussion. I was simply giving a possible example but I guess opening a can of worms is just that...

back to the op ... for hunting and general shooting i would choose a 2nd focal plane NF 3.5-15 with matching turrets and reticle.

Japan was just hit with an Earthquake and a Nuclear Reactor might or might not go down and leak radiation.....That means that there could be a GodZilla attack too...so buy the F1 and shoot him in the eye if you see him. Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Shooter1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need those things needed to attach the scope to the rifle I think too...they're either called Duck Tape or scope rings, I can't remember which it is
wink.gif
.....</div></div> LOL. You must be from south Louisiana too, LOL "Duct Tape"</div></div>

Lol, no I'm from OH but I always say "Duck" instead of "Duct" just to irritate people, I'm just that way

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264win</div><div class="ubbcode-body">back to the op ... for hunting and general shooting i would choose a 2nd focal plane NF 3.5-15 with matching turrets and reticle. </div></div>

Why would that be your choice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Shooter1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need those things needed to attach the scope to the rifle I think too...they're either called Duck Tape or scope rings, I can't remember which it is
wink.gif
.....</div></div> LOL. You must be from south Louisiana too, LOL "Duct Tape"</div></div>

Lol, no I'm from OH but I always say "Duck" instead of "Duct" just to irritate people, I'm just that way </div></div>

actually one of the original usages was to wrap ammo cans before transporting them through water in order to make them waterproof, much like a ducks feathers hence the term "duck tape" isn't entirely wrong. And if you have ever used to stuff to seal up air ducts, you know how dismally it fails at that task. I don't mind either term, but the stuff is great for jut about everything except what it's named for...

Nightforce won't let you down...but I can't promise this group will stay on topic.
smirk.gif