• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Bye bye little buddy

nock

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas USA
Going to the gunshow this weekend and going to use this for a trade; I will miss it but life goes on.

DSC06431.jpg

Re: Bye bye little buddy

I sold my full sized and kept the compact last year. The HK UTL light is sought by HK fans. I sold it separate on the HK forum for $140 so it is worth a good bit separate from the gun to HK nuts because it is OEM labeled HK. I never shoot my compact and should sell it too but keep thinking it would make a good suppressor host one day.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sold my full sized and kept the compact last year. The HK UTL light is sought by HK fans. I sold it separate on the HK forum for $140 so it is worth a good bit separate from the gun to HK nuts because it is OEM labeled HK. I never shoot my compact and should sell it too but keep thinking it would make a good suppressor host one day....... </div></div>

Thanks for the idea on the light!

Hopefully you will be replacing it with a new rifle or pistol?

I love the USP, but they are rather large.

what are you thinking for a replacement?

Springfield Armory TRP with a rail.

I went to a few guns stores in the DFW area but no one has one and they are on backorder. So I guess I must go to the gun show to find one!

Nice TRP Operator.

Good job dumping that brick as well.

While 1911s are pretty sweet, I would've kept the HK.

USP 45 is a fantastic weapon and carries more rounds in the mag.

I have both 1911 fullsize S&W and HK UPS Compact .357sig and I trust both with my life. I just wish I could fit more rounds in my 1911 without going to a double stack 1911 which is like holding a 2x4
laugh.gif

I know everyone has their ideas on what works and what does not. I was trained in the 1911’s while in the military. I was also trained in the MP-5 in the military and I went HK crazy after the military for a while and then went Glock strong for a while. Now that I am getting older I want to get back to what works great for me.

The USP 45 has one problem that I did not like; it is the safety de-cocker on the same switch, that problem screwed with me to many times shooting. The Glock is nice but it has had its problems; the trigger safety mainly pissed me off.

Like I said, each person has their own ideas. Hate me or love me, but life goes on.

HK pistols are over sized, over priced, WAY over hyped and generally just ok pistols. I'm not a big 1911 guy but I think you probably ended up with a better gun.

Nock,

Let us know what you think of the new TRP (range report). I've got one just like it -the light rail. I really like mine. It's got about 500 rounds down the tube without any problems. The only problem I've had was with some of my first reloads, but no problem with any store bought ammo. Mine will hold a fist sized group at about 25yards. This is shooting offhand as fast as possible, mag dump.

Ken

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish I could fit more rounds in my 1911 without going to a double stack 1911 which is like holding a 2x4
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Nonsense. The STI/SV design was granted 3 patents because of its apparent effectiveness at duplicating the weight and feel of the 1911 with a double column magazine. Like holding a 2x4? I think not. The double stack 1911-style pistol is under-marketed and thus not in the hands of the people who really could appreciate such a fine piece. It also holds more ammo than the USP in any configuration--quite a bit more in some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The USP 45 has one problem that I did not like; it is the safety de-cocker on the same switch, that problem screwed with me to many times shooting.
</div></div>

The USP can be changed to eliminate the decocker feature by any armorer, so if that was your problem, you could have changed that.

If you didn't want to carry a brick with a ridiculous high bore axis, a bad trigger, etc., I don't blame you, because I realized my purchase of the USP was a mistake and sold mine, too.

The TRP is working great with the first 100 rds down range no problems; the trigger pull is better than my Pro model for some reason and the accuracy is just as good. I did the 1 shot clean the barrel shoot two rounds clean the barrel and all the way to ten rounds then I went down 10 rounds, 9 round, 8 rounds etc…I now believe the barrel is going to be good to go.

Next shooting experience will be this weekend, does not matter on the weather conditions, I will shoot 500 rds doing shooting drills that I learned in the military. Shooting on the move, reloading drills, failure drills, malfunction drills like stove pipe, double feed, unseated mag, etc… This will test me with the TRP on how we will work together.

Remember, everyone has their own ideas on how to shoot, do what you want to do and we will all be happy.

I like the USP but perfer the TRP. I have a 4 inch SA Operator that I carry as an off duty and it shoots like a dream and is a tac-driver, enjoy.

TRP is a great 1911. Hoping it will be my next handgun, just without the rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just wish I could fit more rounds in my 1911 without going to a double stack 1911 which is like holding a 2x4
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I've got a STI that holds 22 rounds of 40S&W in a IPSC limited class legal magazine that has a thinner grip than any factory singlestack 1911.(grip has been modified)

I also have a STI that holds 10 rounds of 45ACP in a compact frame that is about the same thickness of a factory single stack 1911. (unmodified)

what you think about that?

i'm having the springfield TRP want problem too. congrats and nice springfield.
their range master is looking tempting too. "to rail, or not to rail" that is the question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice TRP Operator.

Good job dumping that brick as well.</div></div>
I'm a 1911 man. The TRP is a sweet weapon. I have made the same evaluation as you. I carry a Nighthawk GRP recon, with a Sure fire X300. Love it. Shoots like a dream, best weapon I've ever owned.