• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors C&R FFL Wait times?

Short-bus

customguncoatings.com
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Smithville, MO
www.customguncoatings.com
I know you're thinking this thread doesn't belong here, however a FFL (including C&R) is required in Missouri to own a NFA item. I have the Form 4 paperwork on my desk that I have to take to the CLEO, but i'm waiting on my C&R to arrive, it's been about 2 months, and i'm getting a little twitchy and impatient. Should I call? What information do I need to provide them with to get an update on the status of my C&R?

I'd rather be waiting on my Form 4, than the C&R, at least I know there's something really cool at the end of the wait for the Form 4.

Branden

Re: C&R FFL Wait times?

Because the C&R is only $30/3yrs. I don't want to be a dealer, I just want to own a suppressor, and a C&R is the cheapest, and lowest maintenance method of fulfilling that requirment so I can own a suppressor.

Branden

A friend of mine got his back in less than 30 day. his suppressor took about 90 day. That was over a year ago.

When did you send it in? Sent mine around the 12th of December. I have not received mine yet. They also cashed the check the day after they received the paper work. I think it cashed on the 15th.

My C&R took about 90 days, if memory serves. That was about 5 years ago, though.

ATF doesn't do anything fast. With the limited number of cool C&R guns out there now, I wouldn't think they'd have a lot of new applications...

But who knows. GOOD LUCK!

-David
Edgewood, NM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When did you send it in? Sent mine around the 12th of December. I have not received mine yet. They also cashed the check the day after they received the paper work. I think it cashed on the 15th. </div></div>

Interesting....my check was cashed the same day. It's a race.

AND their off......

Branden

has taken 108-112 days for 2 form 4 submissions and 1 form 1 to date and waiting on 3rd form 4 been 60 days plus and expect it to be 110. But this usually depends on you examiner!

and forgotto say it took about same 120d to get C&R and i had prviosly had ffl for years then a C&R and have maintained city license and tax ID no for 20yrs

OK, my C&R FFL timeline:

Mailed out on: 4/26/10
Arrived on: 4/29/10
Check Cashed on: 4/30/10
FFL Issued on: 7/1/10
Postmarked also on: 7/1/10
Arrived on: 7/8/10

Total of 74 days from outbox to inbox!

**ETA**
If you call to check status, you should just need your name & social..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, my C&R FFL timeline:

Mailed out on: 4/26/10
Arrived on: 4/29/10
Check Cashed on: 4/30/10
FFL Issued on: 7/1/10
Postmarked also on: 7/1/10
Arrived on: 7/8/10

Total of 74 days from outbox to inbox!

**ETA**
If you call to check status, you should just need your name & social.. </div></div>

Because i'm lazy, and have limited time, you have the number to call handy?
smile.gif

Branden

Dunno if you found it yet or not, sorry I haven't been on here in a few days..

From what I can tell you would want to call in to: 1-866-662-2750

Not 100% on that though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yippee! Got a call from Kitchen 6 while I was at work and she told me that my C&R arrived! Hooray! Now I can send off my Form 4!!

Branden </div></div>

Good to hear!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yippee! Got a call from Kitchen 6 while I was at work and she told me that my C&R arrived! Hooray! Now I can send off my Form 4!!

Branden </div></div>

Does KC have a city ordinance banning suppressors? I could not find one on the City's on-line laws, but have been told by KCPD officers that there is.

If that were the case then a friend of mine that doesn't live too far from me would be in a heap of trouble, he's in the city limits, and yet has a suppressor, and a machinegun.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 244</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yippee! Got a call from Kitchen 6 while I was at work and she told me that my C&R arrived! Hooray! Now I can send off my Form 4!!

Branden </div></div>

Does KC have a city ordinance banning suppressors? I could not find one on the City's on-line laws, but have been told by KCPD officers that there is. </div></div>

those KCPD officers don't know their head from their ass .. no law against it

I think I'll ask again...............and get an ordinance number (if they can find it). I'm waiting for my form 4 approval and some of my co-workers are interested, but live in KC. Might be some more form 4's for our area's examiner!

Thanks!

Damn. You beat me by a long shot. I still haven't received mine. Will they let you know if it does not clear?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn. You beat me by a long shot. I still haven't received mine. Will they let you know if it does not clear? </div></div>

I think they do let you know because they have to return the $30 to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 244</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'll ask again...............and get an ordinance number (if they can find it). I'm waiting for my form 4 approval and some of my co-workers are interested, but live in KC. Might be some more form 4's for our area's examiner!

Thanks! </div></div>

I was at the Sheriff's office today getting fingerprinted and my Form 4 CLEO signature and asked about it and got a blank stare and a "I don't know of orginances of that nature for KC".

On the upside, my Form 4 is in the mail today (2/22), now comes the long wait. I'm going to anxiously await the check clearing and start waiting even more anxiously for the day to come when I can bring my new toy home.

Branden

I suppose the wait for the Form 4 to return is less poopy as the wait to get the last piece of detail in the mail to SEND the form 4. At least at the end of the long wait for the stamp is a cool toy and a lot of fun. The end of the wait for the C&R is just another wait!
frown.gif

Branden

Brandon, how did the visit for the sign-off go? Did she give you problems on the finger print cards??

I had big issues, she refused to use the NFA BLUE fingerprint cards I was trying to supply her with. Even though the cards were the EXACT SAME card stock just in BLUE for the NFA stuff, she refused.

All she would have had to have done was load my cards in the printer tray. I contacted the local NFA office about it. They referred me to the national support center which told me my app would go to error status if the print cards were not on the correct blue cards. So I paid $20 for the prints for nothing.

Needless to say I was pissed. She was completely rude about it, (pretty much like about any business I have conducted at the Sheriffs office).

Just curious if she has wised up at all..

I didn't have any problems, I live in Clay county so i'm not sure if I had to deal with the same folks as you, i'm not sure what part of town you live in.

At first the lady seemed a little hostile, kinda like I interupted her hot coffee and donut break, but I had already waited in the waiting area for 30 minutes for someone to come out. By the time she was done some loser was there to turn himself in for jail and he was there for about 10 minutes less than I, and he wasn't pleased that he had been waiting outside the jail. I think that reminded her that I was a good person and she was nice after I thanked her in my nicest voice. After the fingerprinting, going upstairs to the admin offices to see Holly was a piece of cake. She's a nice girl and was well aware of what needed to be done. She checked the paperwork to make sure she was signing the correct portion and then got the sheriff's stamp signature on it.

All in all it was completely painless. I was thinking that I was going to be bombarded with questions like "why do you need a suppressor" and what not, nothing. Nobody seemed to care what I was getting. I did dress nice, maybe that helped.

Branden

hahaha my bad! I did the ASSuming thing! I'm in Jackson Co.. Glad your visit went well. I've heard good things about the Clay Co operation!

I know this is an older thread. But I thought I would bring it back.
smile.gif
However, let me first introduce myself. My name is Jim and and just joined your forum. I mailed off my form for C&R on December 6th. I used a USPS money order to pay for the C&R. Thus I cannot track when payment was or will be deposited. I am thinking about calling the number above.

I am also curious on any updates to the form 4 for the suppressor. How long did that take?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Jeffreys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this is an older thread. But I thought I would bring it back.
smile.gif
However, let me first introduce myself. My name is Jim and and just joined your forum. I mailed off my form for C&R on December 6th. I used a USPS money order to pay for the C&R. Thus I cannot track when payment was or will be deposited. I am thinking about calling the number above.

I am also curious on any updates to the form 4 for the suppressor. How long did that take?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim </div></div>

C&R took 5 weeks this summer.
Form 4's are taking 5 months.

Where you located?

The good thing about Missouri is that you no longer need a C&R to own a suppressor.

I am in Wentzville, MO. About 30 miles west of St Louis.

I want my C&R to get here so I can Order me up a Mosin.
wink.gif

I love the missouri laws now. I can own fully autos if I have the cash also with no C&R. At least that is what I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Jeffreys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am in Wentzville, MO. About 30 miles west of St Louis.

I want my C&R to get here so I can Order me up a Mosin.
wink.gif

I love the missouri laws now. I can own fully autos if I have the cash also with no C&R. At least that is what I believe. </div></div>

Get your C&R buy a Tommy Gun, fill out the NFA paperwork. When you get your stamp they can send it to you. LOL... Then call me and I will help you waste some ammo...
smile.gif

I am near Springfield.

I got my C&R a month before I didn't need it any longer for suppressors. It comes in handy for many other things though.