• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

C3A1 clone build

ChrisF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2002
New Zealand
Hi Guys ,

I am putting together a C3A1 type rifle , and have the correct Parker Hale M87 action , and the special PH mount ( very rare ) , and a USO MST-100 scope to use in place of the original Unertl 10x in metres , and a McMillan A2 stock w/ saddle check piece .

The only missing part is the Parker Hale barrel in 308 .

Two options on the barrel , use a New Zealand Trueflite barrel , or a original from the UK .

Looking forward to finally getting this build finished , as its been a very long project ( difficult and very unique ) .

I will post pics when shes finished .

Later Chris

Re: C3A1 clone build

Some pics of the parts

DSC05330.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful rifle in the bottom pic. I have to be honest as cool as the C3A1 is the wood stocked Parker Hale is even cooler. Why are you taking it apart, does it not shoot well? None the less, this will be a very nice build and you best post plenty of pics! Good luck and enjoy.

Here's my half assed attempt. It started life as a 1200tx many moons ago. I would have liked to build a real one but the correct goods are a pain to find.

PICT0042-1.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

Yeap , its almost a shame to modifiy the Parker Hale M87 .243 cal rifle .
BUT , I brought it solely to turn into a C3A1 type clone , and as I have bascilly all the pieces , thats what its going to be .

can't wait to see how its going to come out .

There is very little info out on the C3A1s , and very few photos , and virtually no really good pics .

I brought the M87 from a dealer in the UK quite some time ago , and its almost in brand new condition ( which was a pleasant surprise as its a old rifle now ) , seems it has just sat in a Police Armoury gathering dust for most of its life .

Later Chris

Is there a source for specs/info on this rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parker-Hale Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my half assed attempt. It started life as a 1200tx many moons ago. I would have liked to build a real one but the correct goods are a pain to find.

PICT0042-1.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0043.jpg
</div></div>

What mag system and detachable mag system did you use?

I had the triggerguard and the forward screw mounting plate from a 1200tx with a removable mag. I then made an insert to fit an AICS mag to replace the mag liner for the P-H mag. After that was done I made a different mag release to incorporate the notch position on an AI mag.