• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

CAA SRS Sniper Stock opinions?

fredreded

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
NW Kansas
I have a DPMS 308 that currently wears a Magpul PRS. I have been looking for the limbsaver backplate and thinking about getting a accushot monopod for the rail. Then I saw the CAA SRS. From the looks of it, the CAA SRS has a better butt pad and the monopod is integral. Plus, by the time I get the upgrades for the magpul, I'll have way more money in it than just switching. As a result,I am looking pretty hard at the CAA SRS.

I am wondering if anyone has used the CAA SRS and has any opinions on it? Do folks like it better than the Magpul PRS? Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks.

Re: CAA SRS Sniper Stock opinions?

Reporting for others interested...

Saw a CAA ARS and have mixed feelings. The monopod is stable and the adjustments are good. The cheek pad however is quite loose. It is stable enough when leaning in on it but doesn't have the feeling it will last long that way. there is quite a bit of movement in the whole assembly. The Magpul is built WAY better overall. I just wish I could find a limbsaver buttpad for mine!

IMO, the CAA ARS (and I'm assuming the4 same applies to the SRS) would be well worth it if you could pick it up for $250. At $360 it just doesn't meet my expectations.

I have the Magpul and is definitely solid, though I cannot seem to set it up properly for me. It needs more adjustment, just not sure what...

If anyone is interested, Botach is selling the black ones with monopod for $303 shipped. That's MUCH more reasonable, though I am looking for tan ones! I also saw some at an online store WITHOUT the monopod for $215. More apples to apples I thinks...

When I get one, I will try to post some impressions and comparisons.

do a hard look at cheek part fits to their other ar stocks ,it wiggles too much and plastic make up with wear /tear both come to mind .

I got an AR build with a CAA SRS without 'seeing it in the flesh' so to speak.

Minute I got it I changed it for a Magpul PRS.

The thing is like a cheap piece of c**p next to the PRS.

grin.gif

Well, I got my SRS today and I have to agree with the previous posts, it does feel pretty cheap and plastic. The first thing I did was ask the seller if it was genuine. The cheek piece moves around a lot. The left side swivel attachment does not retain the QR swivel. The Magpul sitting next to it looks like a tank while the SRS looks like a wire frame.

On the good side, it is <span style="text-decoration: underline">extremely</span> adjustable. I was able to configure it exactly where I wanted for consistant cheek weld and comfort. The rear monopod is pretty sweet and, oddly enough, solid as a rock. If the entire kit were a bit sturdier and a little more attention was applied to detail I would recommend it. As it stands, I am undecided if I will even keep mine or not.

Hope this helps a bit. -Rob

CAA Chinese Arms and Accessories.....well thats what I thought when I looked at their stuff at the gunshow. Magpul is US made, tested and dependable. If you need a recoil pad, get a chest protector and keep your Magpul.

I just had my hands on one today at a gun shop.. It is insane to me that they want 400 bucks for it. The one I checked out did have a very loose cheek rest and numerous left-over plastic/ploy burs around the seams and edges from the manufacturing process. At that price point I am going to keep looking. Although.. if I found one for $150, I'd be in.