• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cabela's Covenant5 Tactical for 22LR trainer?

wcoats

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
Apex NC
I'm wanting to put together a 22LR trainer for doing some NRL22 type matches and just having fun shooting a 22 for practice. I was planning on using something like a Diamond back Tactical or an Argos BTR as the scope but I was at a Bass Pro Shop and I saw the Cabela's Covenant5 Tactical scopes and started to wonder if they could work for my purpose. I looked through one and the glass and turrets seemed pretty good for being at that low price point. Has anyone used one? Do they track accurately enough? I have $200 in Bonus Bucks for Bass Pro/Cabela's that I need to use soon.

Interested in input if this is an optic worth considering for a set up intended for NRL22 base class budget range.

I have the TX 5-25X56 FFP scope for use on my NRL22 rifle. I have not found anything that I can not see or shoot as fault of the scope. The glass is clear and hash marks easy to see and read. My only complaint is that the picture box is hard to get into and is not very forgiving. For the price its not a bad scope.

Reactions: wcoats
Do you think the eye box is about the same level of not being forgiving as other optics in the low end price range?(diamond back tactical, Argos, etc..)

is the elevation tracking consistent and accurate to the reticle?

Look at reviews on bass pro’s website and you’ll see they have major quality control issues and a dodgey warranty. For a little bit more you could at least get something from a company that stands behind their product.

I have not had ample time with other scopes in this price range to make a good judgement. The tracking on mine seems to be consistent and accurate.

Do you think the eye box is about the same level of not being forgiving as other optics in the low end price range?(diamond back tactical, Argos, etc..)

is the elevation tracking consistent and accurate to the reticle?