• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cabelas CX Pro 5x25x56 Zero Reset

Bowie 6

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2020
I stumbled upon what I thought was a good deal, nearly 50% off, so I grabbed it.

Although I like everything about the scope, I cannot figure out how to reset the zero stop.

The turret has the normal 3 Allen screws to index zero, but the zero stop is preventing me from going below zero to account for my 20 MOA rail.

A normal scope would have an Allen head or similar in the center of the turret that allowed removal and access to the zero stop.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• FC632028-B4CF-4438-B8AD-600FA117015F.jpeg
    FC632028-B4CF-4438-B8AD-600FA117015F.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 113
I stumbled upon what I thought was a good deal, nearly 50% off, so I grabbed it.

Although I like everything about the scope, I cannot figure out how to reset the zero stop.

The turret has the normal 3 Allen screws to index zero, but the zero stop is preventing me from going below zero to account for my 20 MOA rail.

A normal scope would have an Allen head or similar in the center of the turret that allowed removal and access to the zero stop.

Any ideas?
You probably loosen the 3 screws and remove the cap entirely to access the zero stop mechanism underneath.

I'm seeing this design come up a lot lately in Chinese scopes with locking turrets.

I’ve tried completely removing the three Allen screws with no luck. It allows rotation of turret, but not removal.
It looks as if the center screw is a “no tamper” design.
Instructions don’t even mention the removal or zero stop adjustments.

Finally getting somewhere. The scope functions similar to a Kahles.

Watching a few videos, I think I’m getting somewhere, but still having trouble grasping how I’ll be able to dial below the current “zero stop” setting.

Finally figured it out.

Max out elevation on turret, loosen set screws, max out turns until it stops, then re-tighten set screws. This sets max revolution of turret and indicator. Then repeat for downward travel. Next, I zeroed rifle with a 30 MOA base and then indexed to zero.