• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Kraken, an AI alternative?

Mareshow

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Hi guys I made a review video covering the Kraken, its a great multi cal system that should definitely be in your consideration if you're looking for something like that.

I'd like to do more review videos so let me know what you think and how I can improve

Nice review

Barrel change process definitely more involved and requires more tools than the AI

Because of the barrel change setup are these barrels proprietary?

They are beautiful rifles

Nice review

Barrel change process definitely more involved and requires more tools than the AI

Because of the barrel change setup are these barrels proprietary?

They are beautiful rifles
They are head spaced at factory so that during the barrel change when you change it out, as long as it's torqued to the same amount, the head space is exactly the same each time. Cadex indexes each action at factory so they can spin up new barrels to fit exactly but I bet you any competent gun smith could do the same.

Nice review. I was able to easily understand the barrel and magazine change. I also appreciated you keeping the camera fairly close so I could actually see what you were doing. That was more informative than quite a few Cadex related videos I have watched.

Reactions: Mareshow
I thought Cadex was keeping the barrel extension proprietary for bow due to military contacts and such(just what I head on a podcast)?
you're probably not wrong but looking at the design it doesn't seem overly complicated

Each barrel is made for one particular rifle. You can't just take another and screw it on to your rifle, unless it's specifically made for yours. So, no swapping barrels like you can with an AI. I can spin on any barrel AI has for my AXMC/AXSR or AXSA/AT/AT-X and it headspaces correctly. A bit of a limiting factor with the Kraken. That's what may hold me back on getting one, not the more complex swap procedure.

Really? Cause I can order Kraken barrels straight from eurooptics. And its sold as a multi caliber switch barrel. We are talking about the Kraken, not the older systems.
ETA- I'm not arguing I'm actually asking cause I've been saving for one for a while now.

Yes, really.

Really? Cause I can order Kraken barrels straight from eurooptics. And its sold as a multi caliber switch barrel. We are talking about the Kraken, not the older systems.
ETA- I'm not arguing I'm actually asking cause I've been saving for one for a while now.

They have the settings for each serial number. You don't have to send it in. Just have to order for your serial number.

Well what the %$=(? I fully believed I could just order up barrels as wanted and not have to send the rifle in.

There are some differences between AI actions as well. I’ve experienced it myself with my AXMC. I had a prefit barrel that was tested on a well known barrel manufacturers test action and then shipped out to me. It headspace perfectly on my rifle. I ordered another barrel from them and they tested/fit it to another AXMC they had at the time thinking they’re all the same. Got the barrel and couldn’t close the bolt on my go gauge. The chamber was 0.003” too short. Sent it back and they discovered the difference between the two actions.

Reactions: jamie
There is no differences from AI shipped barrels. No way to order something headspaced differently. Any barrel I have and I have many, all fit each of my many rifles. I have moved them from one chassi to another with zero issues.

I've have yet to order and use a barrel from someone other then AI.

There are some differences between AI actions as well. I’ve experienced it myself with my AXMC. I had a prefit barrel that was tested on a well known barrel manufacturers test action and then shipped out to me. It headspace perfectly on my rifle. I ordered another barrel from them and they tested/fit it to another AXMC they had at the time thinking they’re all the same. Got the barrel and couldn’t close the bolt on my go gauge. The chamber was 0.003” too short. Sent it back and they discovered the difference between the two actions.

There is no differences from AI shipped barrels. No way to order something headspaced differently. Any barrel I have and I have many, all fit each of my many rifles. I have moved them from one chassi to another with zero issues.

Yeah I wouldn’t expect AI to produce barrels with any differences. But the same can’t be said for all their actions, which I learned the hard way. And I’m sure it’s extremely uncommon, but it does happen. I don’t know the differences in serial or dates between the rifles they had there at the time. Initially they were hesitant to spin up a barrel for me for that very reason as they ran into that issue in the past.

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn’t expect AI to produce barrels with any differences. But the same can’t be said for all their actions which I learned the hard way. I don’t know the differences in serial or dates between the rifles they had there at the time. Initially they were hesitant to spin up a barrel for me for that very reason as they ran into that issue in the past.
In this case who is the “well known” barrel manufacturer?

I only ask as I’ve read about some having Proof barrels on the short end of headspace

this is 100% false, just because you didn’t have any issues doesn’t mean somebody else wouldn’t. I have an axmc, and it is 100% true that axmc’s do have a headspace problem with prefits, to the point where certain well known gunsmiths and gun stores I know do NOT do prefits for the axmc unless you send your rifle in, and once you send it in once they will log the info and you will not have to send it in again when ordering from the same place.
how rare and often it happens I don’t know, but the fact of the matter is it is an issue that many people have brought up including on this site with the axmc prefit barrels, ax308 don’t seem to have the issue, but from the smiths I’ve talked to the axmc does 100% have the odd bolt that is not in the spec it needs to be. I’ve witnessed it myself (not with my rifle) but a friends axmc with an Ai factory prefit did not work on his rifle, but it did his friends.

Yeah I wouldn’t expect AI to produce barrels with any differences. But the same can’t be said for all their actions, which I learned the hard way. And I’m sure it’s extremely uncommon, but it does happen. I don’t know the differences in serial or dates between the rifles they had there at the time. Initially they were hesitant to spin up a barrel for me for that very reason as they ran into that issue in the past.
You are correct, it is a known issue with the axmc. Several smiths I know won’t do axmc prefits for liability issues unless you send your rifle in once, and they will log the info to then send you prefits for the future. But they do ax308 barrels no problem without sending the gun in, it’s a axmc issue and not the ax308 version

Reactions: Chargerguy
Wow, AI must be getting lot's of returns then from the barrels they sell. Let's ask MileHigh and EuroOptic for some statistics.

100% false :ROFLMAO:

this is 100% false, just because you didn’t have any issues doesn’t mean somebody else wouldn’t. I have an axmc, and it is 100% true that axmc’s do have a headspace problem with prefits, to the point where certain well known gunsmiths and gun stores I know do NOT do prefits for the axmc unless you send your rifle in, and once you send it in once they will log the info and you will not have to send it in again when ordering from the same place.
how rare and often it happens I don’t know, but the fact of the matter is it is an issue that many people have brought up including on this site with the axmc prefit barrels, ax308 don’t seem to have the issue, but from the smiths I’ve talked to the axmc does 100% have the odd bolt that is not in the spec it needs to be. I’ve witnessed it myself (not with my rifle) but a friends axmc with an Ai factory prefit did not work on his rifle, but it did his friends.

Wow, AI must be getting lot's of returns then from the barrels they sell. Let's ask MileHigh and EuroOptic for some statistics.

100% false :ROFLMAO:
Yes what you said is 100% false, you said there is no issue, and there is literally posts on this site proving otherwise, but you go ahead and be a typical snipershide douchbag. I don’t give a fuck how many returns they have, I literally said clear as day I don’t know how common or big the issue is, but there is literally well known smiths who will NOT do axmc prefits for this reason, but hey I guess you fucking know it all better than them 😂😂😂🖕🏻

Which of these are 100% false?

There is no differences from AI shipped barrels. (Does AI have multiple part numbers for the same barrel, so I can choose the right one?)

No way to order something headspaced differently. (Explain how I can order something from AI with varying/user requested headspace)

Never said anything about no issues. I said "I have had zero issues" swapping barrels between my rifles.

I never used a barrel from another manufacturer other then AI. (Was this one false too?)

Sorry I made you angry and you had to bring out the big guns.

Yes what you said is 100% false, you said there is no issue, and there is literally posts on this site proving otherwise, but you go ahead and be a typical snipershide douchbag. I don’t give a fuck how many returns they have, I literally said clear as day I don’t know how common or big the issue is, but there is literally well known smiths who will NOT do axmc prefits for this reason, but hey I guess you fucking know it all better than them 😂😂😂🖕🏻

Which of these are 100% false?

There is no differences from AI shipped barrels. (Does AI have multiple part numbers for the same barrel, so I can choose the right one?)

No way to order something headspaced differently. (Explain how I can order something from AI with varying/user requested headspace)

Never said anything about no issues. I said "I have had zero issues" swapping barrels between my rifles.

I never used a barrel from another manufacturer other then AI. (Was this one false too?)

Sorry I made you angry and you had to bring out the big guns.
you were implying there was no issues when the other guy was explaining his issue, you then got hostile and brought up mile high and Euro and said “they must be getting a lot of barrel returns” and brought up “statistics” in a snobby way in response to me telling you about the problems with the axmc. So yes you were insinuating that there isn’t a problem with an ax rifle and prefits with how you said things.
I literally told you I know somebody personally who got a barrel directly from Ai and it did NOT pass the gauge tests, it DID pass on another axmc.

I implied nothing other then what was stated. Detail to me what was 100% wrong in those few sentences and prove yourself correct. Again, you interpret on your own me swapping barrels with "zero issues" as a blanket "no issues" claim. All rifle systems will have issues here and there including AI.

You're just an angry dude who reverts to calling people you disagree with names in a childish fashion. You make up shit along the way. Nothing I said was hostile. You on the other hand are filled to the brim with it.

Maybe the cold has gotten your balls all shroken and you have little dick syndrome.

Have a good day...
you were implying there was no issues when the other guy was explaining his issue, you then got hostile and brought up mile high and Euro and said “they must be getting a lot of barrel returns” and brought up “statistics” in a snobby way in response to me telling you about the problems with the axmc. So yes you were insinuating that there isn’t a problem with an ax rifle and prefits with how you said things.
I literally told you I know somebody personally who got a barrel directly from Ai and it did NOT pass the gauge tests, it DID pass on another axmc.

I implied nothing other then what was stated. Detail to me what was 100% wrong in those few sentences and prove yourself correct. Again, you interpret on your own me swapping barrels with "zero issues" as a blanket "no issues" claim. All rifle systems will have issues here and there including AI.

You're just an angry dude who reverts to calling people you disagree with names in a childish fashion. You make up shit along the way. Nothing I said was hostile. You on the other hand are filled to the brim with it.

Maybe the cold has gotten your balls all shroken and you have little dick syndrome.

Have a good day...
you were 100% wrong about Ai prefits being the same and you 100% were clearly insinuating there isn’t any issues with them and then tried to prove your point by saying you have had zero issues with “all your barrels”.
axmc prefits are not all perfectly the same directly from Ai (most are extremely close and pretty much the same) but due to the issue that some have with the axmc bolts being slightly different sizes in some cases, they already have issues with prefit barrels not working, so a barrel from Ai that is not 100% in spec will cause issues. Smiths I know (some of which worked with Ai and built theme barrels) have went through Ai barrels directly from England and measured all the threads and surface areas and there are differences in measurements.
You also got pissy when told about the axmc prefit issues and mentioned Euro optic and mile high and mentioned “statistics”, so why would you say those statements if you agree that there is issues? You said them in a (you’re wrong I’m right) kinda way like you didn’t believe what was said about the axmc prefit issue (some) people have.
And how big of a hypocritical tool do you have to be to talk about “childish names” and then talk about a dudes dick😂😂😂

And in regards to your fascination with dicks, there are sites you can go to for that. Don't worry, I won’t tell your boyfriend.

I'll take this guys word over yours any day...

Lets summarize all of this up...

If you have an AI rifle of any flavor and get asked to send the rifle in order to have a barrel chambered - find a new smith. It’s that simple. There is no reason to ever send the rifle in to have a barrel chambered - end of story. The entire platform functions around this universal quick-change barrel system which holds exceptionally high tolerances.

If you have issues with a correctly chambered "prefit" (they are all truly "prefits") then you do not have an issue with the barrel, you have an issue with the lock ring. You are only masking it by having a smith tune it to your action.

For God‘s sake don’t test it with PTG gauges either.

And here's the complete thread, one of those you mentioned being all over the site.

I'll take this guys word over yours any day...

And here's the complete thread, one of those you mentioned being all over the site.

You literally just proved fuckin nothing lol, and in regards to your “iLl TaKe ThIs GuYs word over yours” ummm okay well I’ll take a world class smith and one of the more well known companies in the firearm industry (who built barrels for Ai) over anything you provided.
I’m fucking telling you right now Ai England barrels HAVE been FUCKING measured by world class smiths who MADE barrels for Ai and there IS a difference in measurements! And I’ve also told you that smiths all around that I have talked to who wont do an axmc barrel unless it’s sent in have all agreed that the problem with the axmc is the variance in the axmc bolt dimensions! (not a huge wide spread problem) but a problem for the occasional rifle. With that problem and AI England barrels not being all the exact same IT DOES cause issues, so idk what the hell you aren’t understanding.
You said Ai barrels from Ai are all the same, that is FALSE, and Ive proven that by the smiths who worked with Ai and who have measured batches and batches of barrels!

those barrels will most likely work in probably 95-98% of all axmc rifles, but NOT the ones with the bolt dimension problems, and therefore knowing that there IS a small variance in AI barrels directly from Ai is important to know

You literally just proved fuckin nothing lol, and in regards to your “iLl TaKe ThIs GuYs word over yours” ummm okay well I’ll take a world class smith and one of the more well known companies in the firearm industry (who built barrels for Ai) over anything you provided.
I’m fucking telling you right now Ai England barrels HAVE been FUCKING measured by world class smiths who MADE barrels for Ai and there IS a difference in measurements! And I’ve also told you that smiths all around that I have talked to who wont do an axmc barrel unless it’s sent in have all agreed that the problem with the axmc is the variance in the axmc bolt dimensions! (not a huge wide spread problem) but a problem for the occasional rifle. With that problem and AI England barrels not being all the exact same IT DOES cause issues, so idk what the hell you aren’t understanding.
You said Ai barrels from Ai are all the same, that is FALSE, and Ive proven that by the smiths who worked with Ai and who have measured batches and batches of barrels!

those barrels will most likely work in probably 95-98% of all axmc rifles, but NOT the ones with the bolt dimension problems, and therefore knowing that there IS a small variance in AI barrels directly from Ai is important to know
Now we're down to AI England barrels, this get's narrower and narrower.

Here in the USA AINA supplies the barrels, both with the original rifle and with replacements. Give me the different part numbers for that same exact barrel so that I can order the right one for my particular rifle. That's what "no differences from an AI shipped barrel" means. Seems this is what you're hanging your cap on. I'll wait.

No where did I claim anything about non AI manufactured barrels, I don't use them. But this is the road you keep going down. And now it's 95 to 98% working in a AXMC. They make short shank rifles and you've said they were 100% ok. No problem using prefits on the AXSA/AT sized rifles. Where's the 100% false?

Here in the USA AINA supplies the barrels, both with the original rifle and with replacements. Give me the different part numbers for that same exact barrel so that I can order the right one for my particular rifle. That's what "no differences from an AI shipped barrel" means. Seems this is what you're hanging your cap on. I'll wait.

No where did I claim anything about non AI manufactured barrels, I don't use them. But this is the road you keep going down. And now it's 95 to 98% working in a AXMC. They make short shank rifles and you've said they were 100% ok. No problem using prefits on the AXSA/AT sized rifles. Where's the 100% false?

You literally fucking said barrels “from Ai”😂 barrels from “Ai” are England, barrels from America if that’s what you were wanting to say are “Ai America” or “Ai USA”. You keep moving the goalpost and you have failed to answer anything in regards to the statements you made after I told you about The axmc prefit problem and you saying what you did as if there is no issue. The bottom line is you claimed that “Ai barrels are the same” and that you have “lots of different barrels that all fit in your rifles” insinuating that the Ai barrels are the same as you said and will fit all rifles, and they will NOT. Nobody was fucking talking about “different part numbers” for different barrels or would take what you said in that way, you made it sound like you were talking about tolerances and fitting rifles.
And yes the short action ax doesn’t have the problem as I stated so wtf does that have to do with the axmc?

What does the different part number argument have to do with it? Why would there be a different part number? That would imply AI designed and knowingly put out rifles with different specs. I’m just saying there are tolerance issues on some rifles. They’re not perfect. I’ve had 2 AT308s and 2 AXMCs and was surprised to see how imperfect they were. But I’m still an AI fanboy lol. I’m not trashing them, I love them, just being real. I’ve experienced what I’ve experienced, there’s no changing that. I’m sure Benchmark would discuss it. Euro and Mile High too.

Anyway, maybe a new thread would be best and leave this one to the Kraken.

Edit: just read the title again “AI alternative?” I’d say this is fair game.

Reactions: Perceptiv
You literally fucking said barrels “from Ai”😂 barrels from “Ai” are England, barrels from America if that’s what you were wanting to say are “Ai America” or “Ai USA”. You keep moving the goalpost and you have failed to answer anything in regards to the statements you made after I told you about The axmc prefit problem and you saying what you did as if there is no issue. The bottom line is you claimed that “Ai barrels are the same” and that you have “lots of different barrels that all fit in your rifles” insinuating that the Ai barrels are the same as you said and will fit all rifles, and they will NOT. Nobody was fucking talking about “different part numbers” for different barrels or would take what you said in that way, you made it sound like you were talking about tolerances and fitting rifles.
And yes the short action ax doesn’t have the problem as I stated so wtf does that have to do with the axmc?

We were actually talking about the Kraken needing barrels made for a particular serialized rifle. I mentioned AI selling barrels for the AXMC/AXSR and AXSA/AT/AT-X line without that requirement. So, I wasn't focused on just the AXMC.

Of course I mentioned not being able to order a barrel with custom headspacing and you went on the attack. Like those statements were 100% false. They are not, hence the request for you to give the part numbers to get a barrel with different criteria from AI. It's impossible, AI doesn't manufacture barrels that way.

I have Cadex rifles and enjoy them almost as much as my AI's. No slight against Cadex is intended.

Also, I used Manson go and no go gauges. The barrel I got back from Benchmark the second time screwed into my action about 90 degrees too far. I sent it back to them and they found it was fine on the one action, but the same as mine on their test action. That being said their customer service blew me away. They corrected it and it cost me nothing, even with shipping from another Country.

We were actually talking about the Kraken needing barrels made for a particular serialized rifle. I mentioned AI selling barrels for the AXMC/AXSR and AXSA/AT/AT-X line without that requirement. So, I wasn't focused on just the AXMC.

Of course I mentioned not being able to order a barrel with custom headspacing and you went on the attack. Like those statements were 100% false. They are not, hence the request for you to give the part numbers to get a barrel with different criteria from AI. It's impossible, AI doesn't manufacture barrels that way.

I have Cadex rifles and enjoy them almost as much as my AI's. No slight against Cadex is intended.
I own the axmc and the cadex Kraken (both rifles in question) there hasn’t been any offence taken in regards to one of the two rifles being downplayed, both are top tier. The issue is you saying the words “all Ai barrels are the same” and stating that you have no issues with all of yours fitting all your rifles in response to a gentleman’s post about his slight small issue with the tolerance of his axmc. And given what you said you seemed to imply weather it was your intention or not that there isn’t an issue, but most importantly you saying “Ai barrels ARE all the same” and that everything fits okay with your rifles and all your barrels, indicating you were saying the specs on the barrel threads and everything is all the same on the barrels, and I said that is not true and it is not. The specs on the threads and the surface areas/gaps on the the whole breach end of the barrel are not all perfect and the same and that will cause huge issues with headspace in axmc rifles that may have that problem like the guy said he has, and others aswell that have that problem with the axmc where the axmc bolts for all the calibers are sometimes just very slightly out of spec.

I don't have a Kraken, but I do have 4 others from Cadex. I'd consider buying the Kraken, but the barrel swap and factory interchangeable barrels needing to be produced for your serialized rifle holds me back some. The words I used are exactly "There is no differences from AI shipped barrels", there is none as far as the consumer/buyer is concerned. You can not order but a single part numbered barrel from AI for that caliber and length. I seriously doubt AI is delivering barrels out of spec. Could it happen sure anything is possible, though very unlikely.

I have more then a dozen of both small and large shank AI barrels, none of which showed any of the problems as described here. I'm not coming from a sample of 1 mind you. The requests for you to provide part numbers was to refute your "100% false" comment.

The problem you mentioned could be more related to 3rd party smiths making prefits that could be subjected to more tolerance stacking.

If AI in your opinion can get it right for the AXSA small shank, why then would they potentially fail with the AXMC large shank?

I'm more then willing to accept AXMC/AXSR owners here on the hide saying factory AI barrels failed to headspace correctly on their rifles. That's no different then my claim that mine all work, and frankly I'd raise hell with AINA if they didn't.

AINA subs out the barrels, they are Bartleins and chambered by WinTac currently. Either could have a bad apple, but I never hear of people returning AI barrels due to them being defective.

Keep up the good work calling people 'Gentleman' 👍

I own the axmc and the cadex Kraken (both rifles in question) there hasn’t been any offence taken in regards to one of the two rifles being downplayed, both are top tier. The issue is you saying the words “all Ai barrels are the same” and stating that you have no issues with all of yours fitting all your rifles in response to a gentleman’s post about his slight small issue with the tolerance of his axmc. And given what you said you seemed to imply weather it was your intention or not that there isn’t an issue, but most importantly you saying “Ai barrels ARE all the same” and that everything fits okay with your rifles and all your barrels, indicating you were saying the specs on the barrel threads and everything is all the same on the barrels, and I said that is not true and it is not. The specs on the threads and the surface areas/gaps on the the whole breach end of the barrel are not all perfect and the same and that will cause huge issues with headspace in axmc rifles that may have that problem like the guy said he has, and others aswell that have that problem with the axmc where the axmc bolts for all the calibers are sometimes just very slightly out of spec.

I don't have a Kraken, but I do have 4 others from Cadex.

download.gif

I don't have a Kraken, but I do have 4 others from Cadex. I'd consider buying the Kraken, but the barrel swap and factory interchangeable barrels needing to be produced for your serialized rifle holds me back some. The words I used are exactly "There is no differences from AI shipped barrels", there is none as far as the consumer/buyer is concerned. You can not order but a single part numbered barrel from AI for that caliber and length. I seriously doubt AI is delivering barrels out of spec. Could it happen sure anything is possible, though very unlikely.

I have more then a dozen of both small and large shank AI barrels, none of which showed any of the problems as described here. I'm not coming from a sample of 1 mind you. The requests for you to provide part numbers was to refute your "100% false" comment.

The problem you mentioned could be more related to 3rd party smiths making prefits that could be subjected to more tolerance stacking.

If AI in your opinion can get it right for the AXSA small shank, why then would they potentially fail with the AXMC large shank?

I'm more then willing to accept AXMC/AXSR owners here on the hide saying factory AI barrels failed to headspace correctly on their rifles. That's no different then my claim that mine all work, and frankly I'd raise hell with AINA if they didn't.

AINA subs out the barrels, they are Bartleins and chambered by WinTac currently. Either could have a bad apple, but I never hear of people returning AI barrels due to them being defective.

Keep up the good work calling people 'Gentleman' 👍
Ai does get it right with the large shank, the problem is with the bolt of the axmc. The bolt on the axmc has had some occasions of consistency issues with the different caliber bolts for the axmc, that is why I mentioned that the barrels directly from Ai will work on axmc rifles 98% of the time even if they are a little tiny bit out of spec and will still pass a gauge test, however like I’ve been saying an axmc with one of those bolt issues where the bolt is not exactly the same specs will have issues with one of the Ai barrels that are very very slightly off because of the bolt tolerance or other tolerance issue like the gentleman posted above.
that’s why I wanted to make clear that not all Ai barrels directly from Ai are the same spec. Yes obviously there is only one barrel you can order for from Ai with one part number (except length of barrel they offer)
But I’ve been saying how you said it made it seem like you were talking about the fit of the barrel in the rifle and the tolerances and that they all work and are the same, and I was just saying that they are not the same in regards to the exact dimensions of the threads and spaces and so on, and that is something to watch out for if you have an axmc that suffers from the bolt tolerance problem. In your first post I responded to I didn’t have any indication you were referring to part numbers and not being able to order other barrels and such, and I dont think anybody else did either. So that is where my comment came in regarding Ai barrels directly from Ai not being the same and can cause issues.

And as far as the Kraken on what’s holding you back, I am an Ai fanboy (I’ll put that out there) but I can assure you the barrel change on the Kraken is by far the best, most repeatable quick change barrel system on the market. The Ai is quicker yes (by like 2 minutes at most) but the Krakens return to zero is dead on when switching back to the same caliber, nothing else on the market in switch barrel has the return to zero like the Kraken, so it’s a trade off, the Ai is Quicker, the Kraken is more repeatable. And as far as the barrels go, I think it’s a plus that they make the barrels to your specific action and log it into their system, and whenever you need a barrel you just let any cadex dealer in the U.S or anybody who can get parts from them order you a barrel and give them your serial number and they make a barrel exactly to the half a cunt hairs width of tolerance to your action because they logged in when they first made your rifle. And I can assure you cadex’s service and lead times are fantastic, so even though it’s not as easy as an Ai getting a barrel spun by anybody, it is pretty reliably quick and dare I say the accuracy very might nudge out the Ai if you are a great shooter and can tell (most might not be able to) and it’s pretty close, but if you were to order 50 barrels from Ai and 50 from cadex for the kraken I think the cadex will have more “one hole guns” out of the 50 than the Ai.
and I’m not saying cadex is better, overall I give the axmc the very slight edge overall. It’s very very close, like very close, but point being if you want a Kraken, get it. It is top tier and their machining and tolerances are second to none, you will be nothing but impressed and some people prefer it over the Ai.

Last edited:
I agree with this ^, the caliber change system of the kraken is by far the best, but the convenience of the AI is much better. seeing as I don't change calibers that often, the kraken made much more sense to me.

Reactions: Perceptiv