• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing cali deer hunting ?

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
san jose ca
I ran in to some guys last weekend in the field. They had deer tags for X2 I was in X1. my question is this can you hunt other zones with the same letter and a different # with the same tag? I looked it up on the cali hunting reges. It didnt say yes or no. However it dose list different amount of tags for each zone. My guess is that you can not jump from zone to zone of the same leter. I been hunting cali for 25 yrs and have never heard of this.

Re: cali deer hunting ?

I'm almost positive that you can't go from X2 to X1. There are some tags that are good for more than one zone, e.g., you only need one tag to hunt D3, D4 and D5, but I think that most are not like that.

I'm hunting B zone this year... on my tag it actually reads "Valid in all B Zones". If the X zone tags read differently, there you go.

P.S. No luck in B this year for me... been out a few times and haven't seen any bucks. Many does and bears, a few spikes. How is X1?

we got two small forks mothing really big. One with a 2" fork and the other with a 5" fork. Both typ. Seen some spiks and does and 1 bear.

we got two small forks mothing really big. One with a 2" fork and the other with a 5" fork. Both typ. Seen some spiks and does and 1 bear.

No. The X zones are specific. A, B and C zones are general and can be used throughout even though, for example, there are multiple C zones.