• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing cali. rifle deer a zone

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2010
san jose ca
Who is going deer hunting this weekend Aug.13 is opening day rifle deer in a zone. I have a small private ranch to hunt just for that weekend. Looking for two deer and a pig. Good luck if you go. Fill the freezer, Be safe. Post pics if you got some.

Re: cali. rifle deer a zone

I have an A31 and a D11 tag this year, so I have a few more weeks to wait. Archery Bear opens on the 20th though.

I have a D7 tag. My gun season doesn't start until September 17th.

Good luck to you.

I look forward to seeing pics and hopefully being able to post a few of my own.

Just got some bad news my weekend hunt just turned into a one day event. I will have to make the best of it.

Zone A central coast hunter here, it will be insane. Hunters will be everywhere opening day. I'm heading to forestry, got my spot all planned out. Hope to see something good.If only the LA people stay out of our area it will be great.

Trailrider where about you going to be. Coast or inland. I got a property in the area of andersons dam.

BAH! I hate you all!! I'm moving back to Cali the end of september.. I've got the itch to go hunt BAD. Is it too late for me to get a non-resident license/tag? I will miss the dear season here in VA..
frown.gif

1usd no its not. The a zone tags are over the counter. Only problem is season for rifle deer in a zone is colsed by then.

I fawkn hate having realy on some one else. Land owner just bailed on the weekend hunt. Thank god I didn't have to pay for the use. But without the key can't get through the gates to get to his land.

Let us know how the hunt goes!

Yea, here in Virginia early Archery starts Sept. 3rd, I leave Sept 4th/5th so say good by to hunting season here... And like you said, I think the seasons will be closed by the time I get to Ca.

I have property in AZ and was thinking about trying to get a leftover tag for my zone there but I won't make it there in time either...

SO... If anyone wants to do some pig hunting let me know!!! I'm dying to go pig hunting. I went once before I left Ca three years ago down at Fort Hunter Ligget (I think it was there..) and found a real nice area where you could see all the pigs were going through this one dry stream bed that was under some Oak trees... Dying to go back!

Seen one pig Friday nite. To bad it was dark and not on the property we were hunting. Other than that heard one shot and that was it. It was 87* and a light breeze from the north.

Nothing here, just a few doe's. Once it got warm didn't much. Pack up and left. Heard a few shot thats it. That's my hunting report... Its all very relaxing,well for me.

Going to another Buddys small 60 acre ranch in the east hills of san Jose

I was up in D7 at the beging of archery season saw a few does and 2 small spikes. but no luck..i also have a d3-d5 tag so i need to get out for rifle season, i hope i can get some time off of work

oosickness,

Where abouts in D7 were you? I will be up that way the weekend of the 15th near Bass Lake. Going to try my luck at rifle. My sister and brother-in-law live up there and have some property. I have seen tons of does and a few bucks, mostly spike or one fork but there are at two decent shooters around the area. One 4x4 probably 125-130ish.

Good luck to you in the other D zones.

We were way up there, 40 minuits below Thomas A Edison,lake. Our camp is sample meddows. pretty nice area and if we had more time im sure we would have got a buck