• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

California- Judge requires Lowes to go Full Retard

If you don't know what a 2x4 actually is, you have no business using them.

That is how the State and Federal Government extract money from businesses to play the game...if it wasn't for this stupid issue of a 2 x 4 it would be for soemhting else. It's a pay for play scenario.

It's the same with mcdonalds having to print hot coffee on there coffee cups. The world is in full retard mode

I wonder what they are going to think up next. 2x4's today, 4x4's tomorrow. Trucks will no longer be able to carry the 4x4 logo.

Well it's CA what do you expect? Before long they'll require a "metric tag", and a description of the forest from which it was harvested. They [CA] would be far better off making sure their High School graduates could do simple math, and/or read, and by this I mean English! I know they want to print everything in Spanish/Chinese/Cambodian/etc. The problem with all the "in Spanish" is: you are assuming the criminals coming into America illegally are literate in Spanish! For the most part, most illegals are illiterate, yet American business's spend 100s of Millions of dollars in signs printed in both English and Spanish. I'm not surprised by this CA court ruling, it wasn't long ago, the CA Courts ruled an illegal alien can practice Law in CA!!!! I would also not be surprised if CA adds some "Spanish speaking" courts, this way the illegal alien lawyers could get the state to provide them with the ways and means of continuing their theft of American Resources. They may even bring some good old Mexican Justice to the states, you know the kind where you give the judge an envelope full of money...... I'm just waiting for the courts in CA to rule an illegal alien can be appoint to the Bench!!

I want to know when these people and companies get smart and leave that stupid state and see how long they last w/o goods and services?

I want to know when these people and companies get smart and leave that stupid state and see how long they last w/o goods and services?

NOt going to happen. Californis's economy is the 8h largest in the world.

Steve Levy, the Palo Alto-based organization's director, cited the latest data on California's $2 trillion economy and numbers from the World Bank to conclude that the state should stand alone in the No. 8 position behind the entire United States, China, Japan, Germany, France, United Kingdom (Britain) and Brazil.

"In 2012 California, Italy and the Russian Federation were in a virtual tie for eighth-tenth place with a GDP of $2.0 trillion," Levy said. "The European recession and California's strong 2012 GDP growth allowed the state to catch Italy and move closer to France and the U.K. in 2012.

Read more here: Capitol Alert: California poised to regain No. 8 ranking in global economy

Here's a link (here) if anyone is interested, regarding lumber dimensional sizing, and the gov'ts involvement of same, after the first World War. My own opinion, is simply that the purveyors of this topic in the courts should be hung from the nearest tree. This would be because:

Logic has left the building,
Stupidity should be painful,
Past Precedence has a definition and exists for a reason,
,,,,but most importantly, where does this abounding idiocy stop? Are we to begin calling water now H2O, and sugar to be C12H22O11 and salt to be NaCl.... all so that: "Consumers should expect when making product purchases that retailers are providing accurate information," said Marin County District Attorney Edward S. Berberian.

What is to be done if the water has flavoring in it, or minerals of some detectable sort? Same goes for sugar, and with the advent of 'local salts' becoming more of a trend as opposed to the "Sifto-pure" that we're all used to......

"Please sir, do my thinking for me" NOT.

And a "STUD" is 92 5/8 inches. Good grief the cost of labeling will be passed on to the consumer. Hope they are happy that their uncle is looking out for them.

Steve Levy, the Palo Alto-based organization's director, cited the latest data on California's $2 trillion economy and numbers from the World Bank to conclude that the state should stand alone in the No. 8 position behind the entire United States, China, Japan, Germany, France, United Kingdom (Britain) and Brazil.

"In 2012 California, Italy and the Russian Federation were in a virtual tie for eighth-tenth place with a GDP of $2.0 trillion," Levy said. "The European recession and California's strong 2012 GDP growth allowed the state to catch Italy and move closer to France and the U.K. in 2012.

Read more here: Capitol Alert: California poised to regain No. 8 ranking in global economy
It doesn't really matter how much they make, it matters how much they spend in relation to what they make. This little piece of wisdom was flushed down the toilet along with so much more of their common sense. It's safe to say, in CA common sense is not that common. CA is planning on letting over 10,000 hardened criminals out of prison early-because they're out of money! Just as an example. We could list them all night, but most are well known.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter how much they make, it matters how much they spend in relation to what they make. This little piece of wisdom was flushed down the toilet along with so much more of their common sense. It's safe to say, in CA common sense is not that common. CA is planning on letting over 10,000 hardened criminals out of prison early-because they out of money! Just as an example. We could list them all night, but most are well known.

What you say is true as far as it goes, but doesnt address the point that I intended to make: That Lowes (and other big box building retailers) wont leave California because the economy is big enough, that even in tough times, there is so much building going on that despite the additional hassle, the profits far out weigh the liabilities. It all boils down to the $$$

If their economy is so great, why is the state broke and why are we bailing them out all the time??????

now i feel jibbed i didn't get thickshake written on the side of my drink container from maccas lmao

Not that it reduces the stupidity, but if I read the court order right, Nominal dimensions are explicitly excluded under paragraph (4)a. Meaning the title and premise of the OP's linked article is itself "false and misleading". I'm not sure what specific products this applies to, but it is not board foot lumber. I suspect it is products such as LVL/gluelamb/TJI etc. and even then they are exempt if the manufacturer's dimensions are used. Also, the order only seems to apply to structural products, so things like tile and blinds are not considered. You also can't really blame the judge since the order was written based on a settlement agreement between Lowe's and the respective DAs.

But to join in the stupidity bashing:
If consumers in Cali don't know what ' and " stand for, how do they read the building plans they are required to have for building anything from a fence to a house? Are Cali architects and engineers going to have to start putting "in" and "ft" on the plan dimensions? Imagine how hard it would be to read 8ft-4in x100 dims.

Let me throw a little spin on this... What if you paid for 10lbs of reloading powder, but only got 8lbs? The bag clearly is labeled 10lbs, but is short. What would yall do? Or if you bought a brand new Remington SPS tactical 20" barrel, and got home to find out the barrel is 18" long?

I think the wood companies could easily get the 2x4's to true dimensions. And to my knowledge they used to be true 2x4. Somewhere along the line Im willing to bet they figured out a way to sell smaller dimension products for a higher price. I think you guys are throwing hate and discontent in the wrong direction.

totally ridiculous on both sides.

a 2x4 is a 1.5x3.5 - has been my whole life. I have a table saw - oddly enough, the blade is 1/8th" thick. So if I cut something, I lose .125" (or for californians one eighth of one inch). Weird how that works.

Yes, a two inch by four inch piece of lumber measures one point five inches by three point five inches. Or for californians - uno punto cinco pulgadas por tres puntos cinco pulgadas

And yes, I need a judge to adjudicate this for me.

Let me throw a little spin on this... What if you paid for 10lbs of reloading powder, but only got 8lbs? The bag clearly is labeled 10lbs, but is short. What would yall do? Or if you bought a brand new Remington SPS tactical 20" barrel, and got home to find out the barrel is 18" long?

I think the wood companies could easily get the 2x4's to true dimensions. And to my knowledge they used to be true 2x4. Somewhere along the line Im willing to bet they figured out a way to sell smaller dimension products for a higher price. I think you guys are throwing hate and discontent in the wrong direction.

The board was 2"x4" when it was liberated from the tree. Then it shrank as moisture left the fibers. I suppose they could shove it out the door without curing it, letting the consumer deal with the natural processes. Guess they should have stuck a label on the side, similar to "This coffee is hot", but it'd be "This natural product exists in the real world where natural and physical forces exhibit an influence on reality". Try to protect themselves from those who flunked out of woodshop and expect the world to conform to their somewhat logical, but still incorrect ideas.

Heads up, a "ten penny" nail doesn't necessarily cost $0.10.

Wouldn't wanna be selling tires out there, next you'll have to carve "195 millimeter by 70 percent of 195 millimeter, radial construction, 14 inch rim" on the sides of all your 195/70R14s. And those aren't that big of a tire, you'll run out of room! Plus those are nominal sizes to begin with, so that's thrown out the window.

If californians were smart enough to leave, they would be smart enough to vote these suckers out of office.

And just because they have a $2 trillion economy doesn't mean they can afford it. Like so many, they live in the red. Isn't there another connotation to red?

"Consumers should expect when making product purchases that retailers are providing accurate information," said Marin County District Attorney Edward S. Berberian. "Especially when misinformation could adversely affect building projects that more often than not rely on precise measurements."

Now I understand why my house doesn't have a square/level spot in it. I don't think all my 1.5x3.5's were all the same dimensionally.

So, two guys go to the lumber yard. The salesman greets them and asks what they need. First guy says "we need some 2x4's." Sales guy says "well how long do you need them?" Second guy says,
"For a long time. We plan to build a house with them."

The main issue is not 2x 4 is 1.5x3.5" with this lawsuits from an article posted in the Journal of Light construction. (jLC)

The issue was Lowes sold undersized lumber. As in smaller than the industry standard 1.5x3.5 size. That is an actual issue.

Last edited:
They are going to let 10,000 hardened criminals out of the prison? What about all of the hardened criminals they have in office?

EXTREMELY good point! There will just that many more of their own kind walking around. Based on your insight (and a good one I must add) I'd be looking for CA to restore all convicted felons right to vote! There's 10,000+ votes they can count on.

I've been around lumber more than most, this is great news. If they want to call it a 2X4 it can be 2X4.
There are very few industries left that get away with this very straightforward misrepresentation.
Long overdue and most welcome. Never found myself feeling good about anything CA, but this is absolutely correct. Stops here, now.

Why does it matter? Just get to work on a late 19th century structure and report back what it is like to use products specifically created to cheat you out of your hard earned cash.
It gets worse every year in the lumber trade.

Great...perfect...go for it nationally.