• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Calling all CZ 452 LH owners; scope base

Kane0519

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Canada
I’ve been shooting my Savage mkII GL for years and finally decided to upgrade to a CZ 452 American LH. I’m all excited to get out and shoot this rifle before winter, but I’m having trouble finding a scope base for it as most made for CZ are for 11mm (not 3/8”). It doesn’t help that I’m in Canada, so not every option available in the sunny south is easily available here (ie DIP, can’t find).

Any suggestions? I don’t really want to sell and wait for a LH Tikka T1x.

That’s exactly the product I want, but no dice finding it or anyone who carries DIP.

why mess with a base when you can get an Accuracy International mount or throw down the big bucks and get a Spur AI mount and go directly to the action...... just a thought

Its what I did and its the simplest.....

Pretty sure I read on their website that they don’t ship to Canada, but I’ll double check that.

AI sounds pricey for a 22, but I’ll look into that as well if all else fails.

I’m going to try UTG’s Dovetail-Picatinny Adaptor and see if that works for me.

not really you can get an AI mount on here used for about 100 bucks with 20moa built in the mount..... by the time you by a mount from DIP or Area419 and get rings its a wash if not cheaper..... just giving you other options

My setup is a 20MOA Murphy Precision rail with low Nightforce rings. I have 0.1" space between the barrel and my Aadland lens caps with a NF 3.5-15x50 scope. I'm very pleased with the result and would go that route again. It is very solid, no wiggle, just plain solid. The Murphy rail didn't even need the set screws when it was fully on.

P1080128.JPGP1080126.JPG P1080124.JPG P1080129.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Kane0519
I should add that I've had very good accuracy with Eley Club out of my CZ452. I couldn't see any difference between Eley Match vs Club.

I like your setup with the Boyds stock. Any issue with the clearance of the scope to the bolt throw?

I have the one linked below. They also make a standard length and a 25 moa standard and extended.

i have this one also for my lefty cz452. really haven't shot it much but so far so good.

just read their website and they don't ship internationally, not sure what they consider canada. maybe if you offer to send them a mailer package or ups/fedex shipping label, they'll ship it to you. if not, you're welcome to have it mailed to me (USA) and if you mail me a mailer or email me a shipping label, i would ship it to you.

These $10 UTG adapters is all you need. They work great with the 3/8" dovetail or 11mm dovetail. Although not ideal they will even work with a round top receiver like the Anschutz or Kimber. They fit the flat tops like the CZ's have perfect. Here is mine with the exact same rifle you have. The scope has never moved.

CZ452 LH 7-22-19.jpg

CZ452LH 7-22-19.jpg

EDIT: Here are a few more photos showing the adapters so you can see how they work. They are spring loaded so when you tighten down the rings at the base it closes the two halves together. The hole in the middle is for a set screw if you want to use that. The adapter works with Picatinny and Weaver style rings.

0118191919.jpg

0118191913.jpg

Last edited:
if not, you're welcome to have it mailed to me (USA) and if you mail me a mailer or email me a shipping label, i would ship it to you.

Awesome of you to offer to do that but you would be breaking US ITAR laws unless you have an export permit.

Kane0519 - Kinney's Shooting Supply ships DIP products to Canada. I have bought rails and bolt handles from them.

Another option are Burris rimfire/airgun rings but they are only for 1" tubes. Used a set on my 455 before I bought a rail (and changed scopes to one with a 30mm tube). The Burris rings are available in Canada, bought mine online out of Vancouver.

Awesome of you to offer to do that but you would be breaking US ITAR laws unless you have an export permit.
wow didn't know that, especially for a simple piece of metal, thanks.

Kane0519 - Kinney's Shooting Supply ships DIP products to Canada. I have bought rails and bolt handles from them.

Another option are Burris rimfire/airgun rings but they are only for 1" tubes. Used a set on my 455 before I bought a rail (and changed scopes to one with a 30mm tube). The Burris rings are available in Canada, bought mine online out of Vancouver.

Thanks for the tip!

These $10 UTG adapters is all you need. They work great with the 3/8" dovetail or 11mm dovetail. Although not ideal they will even work with a round top receiver like the Anschutz or Kimber. They fit the flat tops like the CZ's have perfect. Here is mine with the exact same rifle you have. The scope has never moved.

View attachment 7179310

View attachment 7179311

EDIT: Here are a few more photos showing the adapters so you can see how they work. They are spring loaded so when you tighten down the rings at the base it closes the two halves together. The hole in the middle is for a set screw if you want to use that. The adapter works with Picatinny and Weaver style rings.

View attachment 7179316

View attachment 7179317
This is what I’ve done. Mounted the scope last night & going to zero tomorrow. It’s a simple little converter but looks quite promising.

Kane0519,

Be sure and get the rings tight, I do 50 In/lbs on mine to make sure they don't move.