• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Camo Hyrdographics - Who to Use?

G

I want to get my factory black SBEII dipped in Mossy Oak Duck Blind Camo.

No problem finding plenty of folks who claim they can do a good job. Google's full of 'em.

Just wondering if anyone could share experiences, good or bad.

Re: Camo Hyrdographics - Who to Use?

Have you guys had work done by them?

They don't offer Mossy Oak patterns.

Yeah, I saw that one too.
Their prices are very attractive at $50 less than the other outfit I'm looking at.

I'm going to give these guys a shot.

I have used these guys on three different occassions. I couldnt be happier with the work. They do a really good job of hiding/blending the seems so you don't really notice them. I had one of my blackwidow recurves dipped in the shadowgrass pattern and it blends in everywhere I have carried it.

http://www.camoent.com/process.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://freedomgraphix.com/

</div></div>

+2 . Hondo took care of me well, and hooked up my GAP in multi-cam. PM for pics if you like. Great guy, fast turn around, and quality dip and coat.

They're right around the bend from me, but I decided to give the guys in Idaho a try. $160 for a shotgun is hard to ignore.

Talked with them on the phone and traded a couple of e-mails. Seem to be good people.

I'll post back when I get her back.
She's apart and will be packed up tomorrow.

Damned SBEII is a lot of parts when you really take it apart.
wink.gif

Reviving the thread.
I just got it back yesterday.
Hydro-Dip did a great job!

P7190003.jpg

P7190005.jpg

P7190004.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reviving the thread.
I just got it back yesterday.
Hydro-Dip did a great job!

</div></div>

Looks good. Let us know how it holds up after being in the blind for awhile.

I just revisited their website and they've added a new pattern. I really like this one!

lpp%20001.jpg

Dynamic finishes in KC. Just got my A5 back in multicam. $80.00 to coat the stock.

Just had Liquid Illusions in Chambersburg Pa do my BR rifle stock in the skulls. He then went over it with candy apple red and 4 coats of Automotive clear. In the sun it looks like the skulls are moving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Ausmus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How durable would something like this be with regular use and cleaning solvents? </div></div>

A top coat of DuraCoat clear will protect it from solvents.

Be careful……
ar10.jpg

I had my AR-10 decorated using the hydrographic process a few months ago. The local vendor did a great job and I am very happy with the finish.

However:
After assembling the rifle I pivoted the upper receiver open and the build-up of finish at the forward pivot pin location resulted in my inadvertently crushing the magazine well cracking the lower receiver.
I had no idea what I’d done until I went to insert a magazine. I had to bend the crushed portion back using vice grips. The rifle still shoots great but there are cracks in my lower receiver magazine well area.
cracks.jpg

Clean all of the finish from the forward pivot pin lug on the upper receiver to avoid this.

camoyourgun.com

these guys have done 3 guns for me and are about to do a 3rd. thay do very nice work